Sequel: Warrior Twilight 2

Warrior Twilight

Unspoken Words in Strange Houses

When i woke up, the smell of pancakes met my nose. My diaphragm was sore, and my eyes stung like crazy. I leaned up and opened my eyes. I gasped.

Where the heck was I?

I was now sitting down on a couch in the middle of an very small, unfamiliar living room. Looking around, i tried to make sense of where i was. More than likely whoever that was yesterday that had saved me's house.

I got up, and was momentarily blinded by the blood rushing to my head. I quickly sat back down. Over in the next room, in what was more than likely the kitchen, i heard voices through my haze.

"Well, what was i supposed to do? Just leave her there. You know I couldn't have done that," said somebody in a hushed tone.
"Hmm, yeah. Bringing her to your house seems MUCH more appropriate," somebody else said.
"Hey, he DID imprint on her," said another person.
"How the heck does that change anything?!?!" said the second person.

I involuntarily yawned loudly, and all conversation ceased.

I tried getting up again, and this time i was fine, so i walked into the kitchen, only to find three guys staring at me. One of them was the one from yesterday, who i smiled at, before yawning again, trying to rub the sleep from my eyes, and grabbing a stool, shoving one of the pancakes that were on the counter into my mouth.

"Hey," i said.
The two that weren't the one from yesterday looked at me kinda weird.

The one 'ehem'ed, and the two looked away, embarrassed.
"So," i tried again.

They still didn't respond.

"Where am I?"
They all snapped out of... wherever they where, and this time actually said something.

"Yer' on the Quilet reservation, in his house," one of them said, pointing to the one from yesterday.

I nodded. Well, that didn't really explain anything.

"I'm Jacob," the guy from yesterday said. "This is Quil," he said, pointing to the second one. "And this is Seth."

They both nodded at me.

I shoved another pancake in my mouth.
"I'm Jacklyn," i made out with my cheeks still full.

I had been right in the middle of eating when the attack came, so i was extremely hungry.
They all started staring at me again.

"So," Quil said. "You can, um... morph into a cat?"
I nodded. Really, it was no big deal. "You can morph into a wolf," i said, pointing at Jacob.
"Well, we all can," added in Jacob.

Holy crap, how did i not realize that he was staring at me like he was in love or something.
I looked down and blushed, swallowing the last of the second pancake.

"H-... How?" asked Seth, looking completely confuse.
"Well, probably the same way as you guys can. It's genetic."

They all nodded understandingly, but the look of confusion didn't leave them.
They where all silent for a time, lost in their own thoughts, but Jacobs was more apparent. He was still looking at me with that same, embarrassing expression.

"Hey, look, i think I'm gunna leave now... go back to... well, what's left of my clan."
I started getting up, but Jacob put up a restraining hand.

"Why don't you let me give you a ride? You probably wont be able to find your way back. This is kinda a ways from where you were."

After a moment of thought, i agreed, and he walked me out to his car.
The engine loudly reved, and he pulled out of his driveway onto the road.

I hated driving. I was much more accustomed to running. My hand gripped the seat belt.
"You mind watching the road? I don't like cars." His eyes had been on me again, making my face feel hot. And speaking of hot... my eyes raked over his impressive chest, which by the way had nothing covering it. I envy male shape-shifters. It would be so much more convenient not to have to carry a shirt around with you all the time.

"So then, how often do you stay in your animal form?" he asked me.
"Well, pretty much all the time. I like being a cat better. Its more comfortable. And you?"

"Only about a fifth of the time. We go on midnight patrols around our border, and that's pretty much it, unless there's some extra trouble with vamps... like last night," he added gravely.

The drive didn't take amazingly long. Before long he slowed down and stopped at the side of the road.

"Thanks for the ride. I think i can find my way from here," I said without looking at him. His eyes were too... well, they where hard to meet.
"Hey, so I'll see you later, right?" he asked me.
I smiled at him. "Sure, you know where to find me," i answered.
That made him grin.

I got out, and walked into the woods a ways before stripping off my clothes and morphing.
I immediately picked up the scent of Thunderclan, and quickly followed the trail deeper into the forest.

What I found when I got there was surprising.
It didn't seem like the casualties i had seen yesterday had been so completely devastating.

My clan met me once i hit the clearing, having missed their leader. I picked out Sandmask amongst the greeters, and went to her as fast as i could.

"Sandmask, you're all right!" i exclaimed.
He leg was now strangely back in place, almost good as new. She was still limping on it, and it looked like it pained her a lot whenever she used it.
"Tell me, what where the casualties?" i asked her, once i had looked her up and down, trying to figure out how her leg had been miraculously reattached. I would have to ask her about that later.

"We have lost none of the shape-shifters, entirely do to our amazing ability at healing at the impressive rate we do, but 12 of the cats have died... 1 of them being a kitten," she said, her voice filled with grief.

I nodded sadly, but it was good news that none of the shape-shifters had died. Human lives, even if they where only half human, were more important.

"Take me to Leopardshadow," i said finally. I wanted to see how she was doing.

Leopardshadow couldn't even sit up by herself, but other than that, and the huge scars running along her body, she looked okay. I spent the rest of the day doing an inventory on our losses, taking note of each of the injuries our clan had suffered.

There had been massive causalities on our warrior cats, but nothing we couldn't cope with.
Finally i fell asleep, completely exhausted, after my clan had been tended to satisfactorily, the sound of mourning mews floating up to the stars.
♠ ♠ ♠
there we go, a little happier this time, but still not yet at its full hight... next chapter though! you'll see!