Sequel: Warrior Twilight 2

Warrior Twilight

So It's Nice to See You Again

I woke to the sound of my clan raising mews of alarm. I sprinted outside my cave, to be met by the smell of human. I tensed, but then I recognized the smell as Jacob, so I mewed everybody to settle down.

They did so reluctantly.

I walked over to the edge of our clearing, and was immediately met by Jacob, who hadn't even gotten there yet. I flicked my tail in greeting. He understood my gesture and smiled at me, recognizing my fur color.

It was a muddy brown color with a hint of maroon if the sun hit it right, which it was doing now. I had black stripes going up my tail in little rings, and some more black on my neck and right shoulder. Also, my right paw was white, but you could hardly tell anyways.

I padded into the woods a little farther to morph, and then came back.
"You probably shouldn't be too near the clan. They get antsy around humans."
He nodded, and we both walked back into the woods a little ways, out of the immediate smelling range.

"So, it's nice to see you again," I said once the distance had become satisfactory, but still within the range so that my clan could still know i was there.

His eyes had the exact same look they had the day before... jeez he was smexy.

Holy crap, did I just think that about a human??? It was hardly normal for one of my kind to be having feelings like this for one not of the same species. And he didn't have ANY feline in him.

"Yes it is," he said smiling back. "I came to tell you that the leader of my pack wanted to talk with the leader of your, um, 'clan'." There was a rustling in one of the bushes, and my eyes looked to it. It was so inconvenient not to be able to smell things as clearly. Another reason why i preferred being a cat.

Leopardshadow timidly walked out, keeping her eyes on Jacob, but came over to stand at my feet.

"Don't worry Leopardshadow, he is harmless to us," iI told her reassuringly. She looked up at my face still worried, but then decided to trust my judgment of him, flicking her tail at him in hello.

"She says hello," i told him.
He laughed. "You can understand that?"

I nodded, smiling. "Yeah, course. And that's cool, I can talk to your alpha."
Leopardshadow let out a mew of concern and alarm.
"Oh don't worry-" She cut me off with a short growl.

I rolled my eyes. "Okay," I said to Jacob. "But one of my clan has to come with, is that okay?"
"Wait," he said after a moment, slightly confused. "YOU are the leader???"

I looked down at myself, frowning. Did I not look like a leader? I wasn't THAT small. But oh yeah, I was only sixteen in human years. I gave him a 'what of it?' look.
He got a hold of himself, shaking his head to clear it, and went on to answer my question.

"Yeah, that's totally fine if somebody else comes with," he said. "Can you find your way back to my place, or do you want me to pick you up where I dropped you off yesterday?"
"I think i can find my way there. What time?"
"One? Sorry, that's the earliest Sam'll be there, so anytime after that is okay."

"Haha, well I'm nocturnal anyways. Okay, see you later Jacob," I said, smiling.
That put a smile on his face. "Bye," he said, grinning back at me, waving.

Once he was out of sight, I stripped my clothes back off and morphed.
"Dawnstar, you shouldn't be so trusting," Leopardshadow chastised me.
I ignored her and went back to our clearing, going on to do my duties as leader.

When the moon had started going back down again, I decided it was time to go meet up with the werewolves. Leopardshadow had insisted on being the one who came with, so we both set off by paw in the general direction of Jacobs house. It only took a little bit longer than driving, and before long the tip of his roof came into view. We morphed into humans, putting on the clothes we had brought along, and went up to his front door.

We didn't even have to knock, because Jacob already had the door opened up for us before we had barely gotten onto his driveway.

"Hey Jacklyn!" he called out happily.
I smiled back.
"Is that, um, Leopardshadow?" he asked, saying the name carefully.

"Yes," she said, speaking up. "But my human name is Lindsay."
"Oh, okay," he said. He obviously didn't really get that. "Hello Lindsay."

He held the door open for us and we filed in. There was four other people crammed in the small house. More like six, because they where all so big. The only ones I didn't know where the biggest one and the shortest one, and the other two where Quil and Seth from yesterday.

"Hello, I'm Sam," said the biggest one. I nodded in greeting.
"So, i have a few questions for you. This might take a while."
♠ ♠ ♠
yay, the next chapter is where things start to get good! lol... or is it the chapter after the next chapter.. hmm... whatever, it doesn't matter ^^
gah! i'm so exited!