‹ Prequel: My Little Cheesecake
Sequel: My Little Xmas

My Little Raspberry

19 ; -

Sammy had called Gwen four times a day the past week, which meant that she’d been on the Warped tour about a week now. And that also meant that she always had new things to tell her friend about, most of them containing things that either Benji, Joel, Billy or Paul had did or said. When speaking of Sammy being on the phone, she’d never been so in love as she was now. She had in some way managed to let Matthew under her skin, mentally (because we all know that that had happened physically many, many weeks ago.) They were starting to sound like the real deal from where Gwen was. Sammy had even had a discussion with Ryan, concerning them being each others ‘fuck buddies’ and they’d reached that this should come to an end. So Sammy was pretty much focused on Matthew as it seemed.

This didn’t mean that all of Sammy’s thoughts went to her now boyfriend, but she’d also been nagging Gwen about coming and visit her during the tour. Gwen couldn’t really say no because, y’know, someone else would pay for her trip, so why not? The week was near an end, and the weekend was approaching in haste.

“Gwen, when are you leaving?” Mary shouted when she had closed the door to the apartment behind her. She had just ended her day at the photo studio.

“You wanna get rid of me?”

“Well, yes.”

“Are you serious?”

“No, what did you think of me? I’m asking just because I’m curios.”

“Oh, then plain is leaving a few hours from now.”

“Have you packed?”

“What are you, my mother? Not yet, I’m waiting for Brendon to help me.”

“And you think that that’s going to help you?”

“Don’t underestimate his abilities of packing. He’s done it before, like for tour and stuff.”

“I think he really said that his actual mother helped him then.”

“Stop being such a ‘know-it-all’. I can do it myself anyway.”

“Tell me if you want any advice, because we know that I’m the mistress of packing smart.”

“With all your hiking’s in the trunk, sure babe.”

“Just wanted to let you know, dear.”

Mary gracefully bowed to her friend and sat down beside the kitchen table, ready to dig into the pictures she had brought home. Gwen was as relaxed as she could be in the sofa. She knew she wouldn’t get any sleep this night, because she wasn’t the person to sleep on airplanes normally, and saw no reason why it should be otherwise this time. Brendon was coming over any minute now.

“Are you getting that?” Mary asked when the familiar sound of the doorbell went through the air. Gwen showed no signs of reacting. When Mary had waited 30 seconds she sighed and went to the door to find Brendon standing outside wanting to be let in. She just looked at him and then turned around to go back.

“Wait, aren’t you asking me to come in?”

“Why would I have to do that?”

“Because I can’t enter a room if I’m not invited.”

“That’s just stupid.”

“He thinks he’s a vampire,” Gwen yelled from her spot on the couch. Brendon held his arms behind his back, not protesting.

“Are you kidding me? In that case I’m Frankenstein’s monster.”

“You didn’t know? Everyone who saw Fall Out Boy’s video knows that.”

“I didn’t see it, so screw you. Some people have been working today, so some people are pretty tired, but if you wanna come in, come in.” Brendon finally relaxed and stepped inside the apartment.

“Everyone saw that video.”

“Obviously not.”

“Don’t be like that, my Mary; don’t say I wouldn’t make a sexy vampire, because I know you think so.”

“Fine, you’d make a sexy vampire.”

“Great, hi Gwen, are we starting?”

“You sound pretty serious. I thought we would just chill most of the time.”

“We both know that you’ll be away a long time, and you need a lot of necessary things with you.”

“It’s only for two days.”

“That’s a fucking long time to be away from home.”

“What did I say about him being like a mother, Mary?” Mary couldn’t care less.

Brendon got what he wanted in the end. He was all thrown over Gwen’s not too big bag picking out the clothes he thought would look good together and make her spiffy at the same time. Now and then he threw a sweater to his friend and forced her to try it on, to see how well it matched to her skin.

“Now you’re doing it again.”

“Doing what, Gwen?”

“Acting all gay. Have you been with someone since the whore?”

“No, I won’t be able to trust women in that way for a while.”

“Honey, don’t get gloomy. You’ll get over it. And you trust me right now, see?”

“But that’s not really the same way.” He sat down on the bed beside the bag which started to look like the packing was done. She sat down beside him and laid her arms around his neck.

“I know, but I’m here for you anyway, because you’re my best friend, and I will tell you whatever you want, and sometimes not even close what you want.”

“I could kiss you right now.”

“Save it for the honeymoon.”

“Oh, yeah, and how’s our baby?”

“She’s still living under my bed.”

“I hope you feed her on daily bases.”

“Oh, always.”