Oh!Darling

From A Lover To A Friend

She stopped in the hallway of her apartment and gazed at the sofa where the two men sat; one sitting up right staring back at her with a satisfying grin and the other laying propped with his head in the man’s lap.An instant smile spread to her lips and her eyes lit up.

“John!” She gasped and covered her mouth.John hushed her quickly but Paul already began to stir in his lap.That’s when John noticed the woman lingering behind Mandi; a young brunette with a distinct sense of fashion.His brow quirked.

Mandi moved further into the living area closer to the sofa, “When did you guys....,” Then her eyes dropped to John’s lap where Paul ‘s head layed,staring up at the ceiling.Her smile never left her lips as her eyes flickered up towards John’s.

“I’ll tell you later,” John replied and shifted to stand up,laying Paul’s head on the cushion.He stood up straight and engulfed Mandi into a warming hug, “Mandi,darling.It’s good to see yeh.”

“You too,luv.”She said squeezing John tightly, “You feel more bulkier then when I last hugged you.What’s your dosage?”

John softly chuckled and slowly pulled away from her, “Well,Mands.I’ve finally become a man.”

“Highly unlikely.”

“True,” They both chuckled like old mates before falling silent.John’s attention looked past Mandi towards the bird standing in the hallway awkwardly before looking at Mandi, “Who's that?”

“What? Oh.John this is Sophie.”Mandi said stretching her arm out towards the brunette who shyly laced her fingers with Mandi’s.John smirked as his eyes ran over the brunette,taking every inch of her fishnet stockings and leather jacket, “Sophie,this is John.One of me best mates.”

“Pleasure.” John said shaking her hand.

“Same.” Sophie replied in a heavy french accent that twitched John’s nerves.

“Oh.Is that a french accent? Are you french?”

“Oui.” Sophie giggled and let go of John’s hand.

“Yeah.I met her in London where I work.It’s very interesting actually,maybe I’ll tell you sometime.” Mandi said and eyed Paul stirring on the couch, “So.How did you two get into me flat? The door,I’m guessing?”

“Good guess.I thought you were gonna say the bleedin’ window.” John smirked as Paul’s eyes shot open to stare at the ceiling, “So.Are you two together or somethin’?”

Mandi looked to Sophie and smiled, “No John.I just brought her for shits and giggles.Of course we’re together—But y’know.I didn’t know that you two would be creepin’ me apartment at this very moment.”

“You knew we were comin’ home.And besides,we have no place else to wander about and cause alot of shite.”

Mandi smirked as Paul sat up on the sofa and looked around the room tiredly.She pushed past John to sit next to Paul on the sofa,wrapping her arm around him, “Heyya,Paulie,” She whispered in his ear.Paul froze and looked at her.

“Oh my god,” He gasped and instantly tackled her into a hug, “Mandi ! What the bloody ‘ell are you doin’ here?”

“I ask meself the same question,” John replied.

Mandi tossed him an annoying look and grasped Paul tightly.Paul smiled happily into her shoulder, “You have no idea girl,how happy I am to see you right now.”

“I can tell.You’re kinda squeezin’ me to death,Paul.”Mandi chuckled as Paul loosened his grip,but never took his arms from around her.He smiled widely and swallowed.Mandi sighed nervously, “You look good Paul.”

“Same with you.What have you been doin’ all this time?” He asked.

Mandi chewed on her lip as John’s voice interrupted the two of them, “Another time,McCartney.Have you met her lovely bird over ‘ere? Sophie,is it?”

Paul turned his attention to the brunette once Mandi cocked her head towards Sophie.She left his grasp and stood up,pulling Sophie next to her.

“This is Sophie,Paul.”

Paul stood up,straightening his shirt and jacket before clearing his throat, “Pleasure meetin’ you,luv,”

Sophie took his hand and shook is, “Merci,monsieur.”

Paul’s fine brow perked up and he looked between John and Mandi for an explanation.

“She’s french,”John added with a smirk.Paul nodded and tossed the bird a flirtatious smile.

“Oh,French yes.I know some French,well I can understand some,but y’know----It’s not fluent for me.”Paul said letting go of her hand.Sophie smiled and returned to Mandi’s side,lacing her fingers with Mandi’s.

Paul sighed and watched the two before looking at John.His full attention was on the couple standing before him and Paul knew that he was up to something that Paul didn’t like.

“So,um.How’d you two meet?”

“We’ve already been through this.” John mumbled crossing his arms over his chest.

“Well I was sleepin’.I wanna know.” Paul shot back.

“There is nothing to know.She rather not say ‘till another time.Ain’t that right Mands?” John asked her.Mandi giggled at something Sophie had whispered to her and jumped at John’s words.

“Oh.Right,of course.It’s none of yer business anyways.”She said.

“So called best mates.” John muttered with a roll of his eyes.Mandi was about to say something but Sophie quickly stopped her, “I need to use the ‘loo.”

“By all means.” Paul replied and directed him towards the lavatory door next to Mandi’s bedroom.He sighed as he watched John walk away and felt a nervous pinch in the pit of his stomach.He didn’t like it and it was as if John were trying to avoid being close to him while Mandi was around.But then again,John always put up that shield when other people were around. Especially complete strangers like Sophie.

“How was Hamburg Paul ? Anythin’ interesting go on while I was away?” Mandi’s words pulled Paul from his thoughts.He blinked and let her words process in his head before opening his mouth.

“Ugh.It was great.Still the same though sadly.” Paul replied with a nervous chuckle.He itched the side of his nose nervously and eyed the spot on the ground closely as the lavvy door opened. John walked out with a satisfied grin.

“Months you’ve been gone Mands and that toilet still isn’t bloody fixed woman.When the ‘ell are ye gonna fix it?” John asked standing next to Paul.She shrugged.

“I donno.Probably before I leave for London or when I come back. I donno.” She said.

“You’re leavin’ again?”Paul asked surprisingly as Mandi nodded.

“I’m only here till Monday,son.Then I ‘ave to head back to London for work.”

John squinted towards her.His curiosity built up till the point he was ready to scream to the whole bloody town.He wanted to know about her,where she worked and about this new bird.It all itched at him and he found himself feeling sick towards the subject.

“Eh,do you guys wanna go get a cup or somethin’? Go talk about some stuff ?” Mandi asked looking between John and Paul.The two looked at each other.

“Sure.I wouldn’t mind.”Paul replied.

“Great.You guys can get to know Sophie a bit better as well.” Mandi said until Sophie grasped her hand, “What?”

“No,no Amanda.You and the two garcons go ahead and talk.”

“But..”

“I’m fine,amour.Go on ahead,I’ll stay here and freshen up from the trip.” Sophie said peeling a lock of dark hair from Mandi’s face.She sighed and nodded.

“Alright.I’ll be back later on then,”Mandi pecked her lips and pulled away, “My room is right there and the ‘loo is right next to it.Shouldn’t be that hard for you.”

“It won’t be.”Sophie said with a wink and pecked her lips, “Have fun,belle.”

“I will.” Mandi said before nodding towards John and Paul to follow her.They left the flat quickly and silently before Paul spoke up.

“She seems like a nice girl.”

Mandi smiled and pulled a fag from her jacket pocket, “Oh,isn’t she? She’s a lovely bird,very beautiful.”

Paul nodded and followed suit and lit up his own smoke.He passed it to John who only rejected it as his attention remained on everything else but Paul and Mandi.

“Where’d you say you met ‘er?” Paul asked,smoke spilling from his lips.

John groaned frustratedly, “She didn’t bloody say,Paul! How many times does someone have to say that for you to understand?”

“What the ‘ell is up your ass,John?” Paul shot back in mock annoyance.Mandi furrowed her brow and pushed Paul,who was walking between her and John,to the side.She stopped John by placing her hand on his arm. John glared at her.

“You’re to funny,John Lennon.” She smiled as his facial expression remained emotionless and unreadable, “I think I missed you getting pissed off at anything I do the most.”

She hugged him,having John let out a low groan.He looked to Paul for some sort of distraction from Mandi,but only got a smile from him as he puffed on his smoke.John had no choice but to give in and wrap his arms around her as well.Mandi pulled away and smiled up at him.

“I think I missed you bein’ a total bitch to me all the time as well----Actually,I missed it alot.” John responded with a toss of his hair.

“Well.Someone needs ‘ta put your ass in place,don’t they? Can’t have you fuckin’ runnin’ around like you own the place all the time.” Mandi said as she continued to walk down the street with John,Paul lingering behind the two of them.

It was Mandi’s boots that caught Paul’s attention as he lifted his brow in curiosity.They were high tops that rode up to her knee and stopped at the edging of her stockings.

Paul smirked, “How can you walk in those heels?”

“Simple.Just walk.”She said and strutted down the sidewalk like a model.Her giggles caused Paul to chuckle and John to smile widely.She stopped a couple steps ahead of them and tossed a seductive look before striking a pose.Paul and John both looked at her with amused looks before cracking up into fits of giggles, “What? Am I any good? You think I can model?”

“Oh sod off.Are ye fuckin’ serious? Are Mandi a model?” John laughed causing Paul to double over next to him.Mandi glared at the both of them and huffed, “That must be a fuckin’ joke,right?”

“Fuck you.”Mandi snapped and continued walking down the sidewalk towards Penny Lane.Paul stood up,taking a deep breath.He noticed her rampage down the street and nudged John to follow him quickly.

“He was only jokin’,Mands.” Paul said as they approached her.

“I was?” John lightly chuckled as Paul tossed him a warning look, “I mean,I was.But honestly Mandi..Do you honestly take the shite models have to go through?”

Mandi stayed silent,looking both ways and waiting to cross the street.

“Seriously.I think you’d be fired the same day you were hired,luv.You’re not meant for that type of shite anyways.” John muttered lighting the smoke that dangled between his lips.Mandi glanced over her shoulder towards him.

“Whats that suppose to mean anyways? I’m not pretty to be a model ? That I’m not a blond or have big tits like Bridgette Bardot?” Mandi mumbled, “Or is it that I’m just not the type of bird a lad would fancy a wank to?”

John’s jaw hit the ground as Mandi crossed the road leaving him speechless. Paul sighed and placed his hand on John’s shoulder, “I guess things never change do they?”

“Oh,but they do Paulie.” John said as he puffed on his smoke.He tossed it to the cement and grabbed ahold of Paul’s hand, to much of Paul’s surprise,and chased after Mandi across the street.They caught up to her once again,John’s hand never leaving Paul’s and stood in front of her,blocking her path.Mandi stared at John emotionless and blinked, “I was only kiddin’ around,Mands.”

Mandi chewed down on her lip as a smirk slowly spread to her lips.She noticed the change in John’s voice that he was being serious and how his and Paul’s hands were entwined together,how they were still together even if they were out in public.

“I know.” Mandi smiled, “I was just pullin’ yer chain John. You actually think I’d care what you thought of me?”

“No.” John replied.

“Alright then.Lets be off!” She said and marched past the two of them.John and Paul both shot each other curious glances before continuing on ward behind Mandi.

“I’ll never understand women.” John mumbled lowly.

Paul chuckled and tightened his grip on John’s hand, “Don’t worry,luv.They probably feel the same way.”

“Unlikely.She can read me like a fuckin’ book.Oh..” John mumbled as he realized that his hand was still lingering with Paul’s.He swallowed down hard, “Sorry ‘bout that.”

“Don’t worry about it.” Paul smirked.
------------------

“ Here we go.A nice table by the window?” Mandi cheerily sang as she sat down in one of the chairs.Paul smirked as John cocked his brow at her sudden cheery mood but followed suit and sat next to Paul across from Mandi.

They sipped their tea silently,snippets of different conversations lingering about the air.Paul shuddered and placed his cup onto the table.

“Whats wrong?” John asked noting Paul’s sudden distance and paranoia.

“Nothin’.Just need to use the ‘loo.’Scuse me.”He muttered and stood from the table.Mandi eyed him silently,her eyes drifting across the room watching him disappear into the lavvy’s.She placed her mug on the table and licked the residue from her lips as John tapped on the table gazing out the window.

“Looks like it’s gonna rain,dunnit?” Mandi spoke.John peeled his attention from the window and tossed her a look.

“Yeah.Forgot how shitty Liverpool was.”He muttered.

“Yeah,me too.I often wondered why I even came back to this place.Should’ve stayed in London,at least there's stuff to do up there.”

John shrugged and layed his chin into the palm of his hand.He huffed lowly and ended up peeling out his thick horned glasses and placed them over his eyes.

“You still wear those things?” She asked.

“You want me to be blind?”

Mandi shrugged,having some of her long locks spill from her shoulder onto her chest.John looked into her coated dark brown eyes and suddenly became nervous underneath her stare.He always found himself twisting and shifting awkwardly when he met her piercing stare,so mysterious that it was like she was searching for something new everytime.

“So you and Paul now eh?”

John cleared his throat and eyed a couple walking in front of the cafe window before disappearing out of view, “Ugh.Well,it’s complicated.”

He shifted in his chair and leaned back coolly.

“Complicated? I saw your hand with his earlier on,John.You didn’t look to hesitant to let go of it if I may recall.”

John rolled his eyes and stared down at the table before him,eying the distinct features and textures of the wooden table.He sighed lowly and lifted his gaze only to meet Mandi’s once again with a smug smirk toying on her lips.

“Fine.It’s goin’ great I guess.Just somethin’ I gotta get use to.”John mumbled.

“Are you happy?” Mandi asked,her face turning serious, “Tell me the truth.”

John looked at her,hesitating to speak. He searched for the right words to say just incase she found it was complete bullshit he was coming up with.But when he thought of it,all those times and moments spent with Paul.The only word he could find was happiness.

“I am and that's the truth.” John spoke seriously which satisfied Mandi.She nodded and smiled widely at John’s words.

“That's good.I’m happy you’re happy,John.Just don’t...”

“Don’t what?”

Mandi sighed and parted her hair,pulling some over her shoulder, “Don’t rush things,alright.These type of things—take time to process,y’know.It’s not some sort of—girl/boy relationship.People can honestly get hurt.”

“I know.We’ve already been through it.” John responded quickly,his eyes narrowing at the thought.He wondered distinctively if she had heard about the incident with Paul back in Hamburg.Well she had too,she knew about himself and Paul,right?

He didn’t bother bringing up the subject,even though it was a subject to talk to her about.It was better left unsaid.

John’s attention then was turned towards her neck and the lightly faded bruises that spiraled up towards her jawline.Again,his curiosity built up and he dared to ask her but only knew it would end in rejection.But he asked anyway.

“Where’d you get those bruises?” John asked curiously.Mandi looked at him quizzically until he pointed towards her neck, “Yeah,those.You look like you were ravished by a beast or somethin’,son.”

“Oh.” Mandi said and ran her hand lightly over her neck.A patch of pink passed over her cheeks as she ducked her head shyly from John’s gaze, “Well.Y’know,ugh.Sophie—she’s kind of into that sort of thing..”

This amused John.He smirked, “Oh yeah? So she’s into that type of stuff eh? “

“Yeah.” Mandi chuckled, “It took me by surprise when we first got together,never was really into that type of stuff. But lately,it’s been quite a turn on.”

John licked his lips, “I should take a note on that,”

Mandi smiled shyly and pulled her hair over her shoulders,hiding the bruises from view.She then nervously lifted the mug to her lips taking a quick sip of her drink as John chewed on his lip and fiddled with his fingers.

“Eh Mands?”

“Yeah?”

John nervously chuckled and scratched the back of his neck, “Ugh,I was wonderin’ if I could come by sometime and – y’know,have a chat ?”

“I wouldn’t mind that.Alright,okay.What about though?” Mandi asked placing the mug on the table.

“I rather talk about it later on and not ‘ere.”

“Sorry I took so long.Me stomach was givin’ me ‘ell.” Paul said as he returned to the table and his seat next to John.He shot John a smile and looked to Mandi, “What’re you all on about?”

“Just talkin’,Paul.” Mandi said as a crack of thunder vibrated the windows.John groaned and glanced outside, “Shite.”

“That's Liverpool for yeh.C’m’ead,we best be off then before we get shite on by the fuckin’ rain.” John muttered slipping on his jacket and pushing away from the table.Paul moaned and wined, “Oh Paul,give it up. Too mature for it,son.”

“But I haven’t even touched me crumpet!” He wined.

“Oh come on. I’ll buy you three tomorrow.” John said as he pulled Paul out of his seat and pushed his leather coat into Paul’s hands.Mandi laughed at the two of them and shook her head.

“You two are to much.”

“Shite.” Paul gasped when he saw the time on his watch.He quickly did up his jacket while Mandi and John looked at him curiously, “I haffta go.Da’ wants me home for dinner.”

“Oh yea.Forgot about Jim’s rules.” John mumbled in mock annoyance with a roll of his eyes, “Well can’t we get out the door before you have a hissy fit.”

Paul glared at him and followed Mandi and John out of the cafe into the cold night air.He shivered and hugged his leather coat to his body.

“Do you have to go to dinner,Paul?” Mandi asked as both her and John peel out a smoke from their jackets.Paul nodded.

“I do.Sorry about this,sort of forgot all about it.But if I don’t,I won’t hear the end of it,”Paul said with a light chuckle, “Da’ just wants to know about Hamburg and all.”

“Yeah,he wants to know about his son tossin’ some other wanker off in the bathroom of Monika’s bar that one night as well.” John rambled. Both Paul’s and Mandi’s eyes grew wide and stared at John.

“JOHN!”

“What?” Mandi gasped with a smile plastered across her face, “Woah,wait a tic. You tossed ‘im off,Paul?”

Paul blushed deeply and hid his face from the both of them,”Ugh..”

“He did.” John said.

Anger bubbled up inside of Paul’s body as he looked around,noticing the streets empty and the full clouds spilling from the sky.There came another crack of thunder causing Mandi to jump in her spot next to John.

“Whatever.I’m not talkin’ about this,I gotta get goin’.” Paul grumbled and turned to walk away.John let out a gasp and quickly grabbed Paul’s arm forcing him to look at him.

“What’s this,no bloody goodbye kiss?”

“I don’t think you deserve it.” Paul spat and glared at his mate.For a split second,he felt a loathing for the man standing in front of him but it was quickly erased when he felt John’s lips run across his lightly.His eyes fluttered open to stare at John,again blush sinking across his cheeks.

“Goodnight.”John mumbled pulling away from Paul.

Paul cleared his throat and shook his head, “ ‘Night.G’night Mandi.”

Mandi waved and watched Paul begin jogging down the street.Her attention was pulled away by the clearing of John’s throat.He smiled widely and beckoned her to follow him.

“Y’know,I don’t really need to be walked home.I can do it meself.”

“I donno there.These streets can get a hold of yeh at any mo’.” John replied.

“I’m a big girl,though! I can get home by meself.” Mandi replied taking a drag of her smoke, “And besides,you live on the other side.And Paul has to take a bleedin’ bus home for christsakes.”

“I don’t mind,s’not like I have places to be and I sure as ‘ell don’t want to go home.” John muttered tossing his fag to the ground.He licked his lips and stuffed his hands into the pockets of his jackets, “And besides,a pretty bird like yerself can get into trouble.Or find trouble.”

Mandi looked at him from the corner of her eye and squinted, “Did I just hear this come from John Lennon’s mouth?” She chuckled and shoved her ear in the air towards him, “John Lennon thinks I’m pretty,eh? What was this whole thing earlier about me not bein’ a model then?”

“Don’t push me buttons,Mands.What do you want me to say? That your ugly,cause yer not.Rather be honest with you then anythin’.”

Mandi chuckled as she hopped a couple steps ahead of him,glancing over her shoulder and catching his eye, “Well then.Thank you,for at least bein’ honest about it.”

“Why do you do that? Always thinking I’m an ignorant bat when I’m really not.”John asked, “Out of all people,you should be able to understand.”

“Why do you do that? Put up a shield everytime everyones around,actin’ all tough when really you’re not?” Mandi challenged.John groaned and twisted his neck.

“You don’t understand the shite I’ve been through in order to put up that shield,Mands.”

“Oh but I do.You just said so yourself,John.I out of anyone should know what it’s like to put up a protective shield,pretending that your someone that you’re not---I know you’re a tough cat,John.But you can be a sweet heart as well.”

“Well...”

“Well what?” Mandi asked stopping in the middle of sidewalk.John came to a pause beside her,waiting for her to continue, “You should show that side more often.You’re a really good person but so angry towards everyone else.”

John sighed and shook his head, “Lets not talk about it,alright?”

Mandi chewed on her lip and continued walking,her heels clicking against the cement, “Alright,”

They both walked quietly down the street as another crack of thunder cracked the skies.Mandi jumped again at the sound and let out a shrill cry that caused John to chuckle.

“I didn’t know you were scared of thunder.”

“I’m not.And let that be the end of it you twit.”Mandi glared as John laughed lightly and looked ahead of him, “So what was it that you wanted to talk to me about that was so important?”

“Oh yeah,” John said nervously as he peeled out yet another ciggie from his pocket and quickly lit it up.The wind began to pick up,blowing the only match John had left since he left Hamburg.He cursed silently as Mandi tossed him her pack and thanked her with a nod, “Anyroads,um..I’ve been thinkin’ alot lately and with Paul and I in this sort of ---thing.”

“Yeah.”

“Well.I’ve been wanting to—Y’know.”John said with a shrug, “Give him somethin’”

“Like? Just come out with it John,I donno what you’re bleedin’ talkin’ about,mate!”

John sighed and scrunched his face up in pain,feeling the sudden headache begin to throb through his skull, “I donno how to say it Mandi.Could you at least—well...”

“Do you mean—“She gasped and covered her mouth with her hand.She blinked a couple times and let her hand fall to her side, “You want to shag ‘im don’t yeh?”

John remained silent as he kicked a nearby rock into the empty street.Mandi walked next to him with a smile plastered on her lips as a jolt of excitement spilled through her body,but yet it quickly vanished as quickly as it came.

“So.You want me to help you with this type of thing,John?” Mandi spoke up,clearing her throat.She groaned in frustration as the wind blew her hair into tangles.John watched on amused,puffing on his smoke and chuckling.

“I guess so yeah.Well-I don’t want you to give me fuckin’ directions or whatever.I just need to know how to do it and what to do.I haven’t done this before remember?”

“Yeah,I guess you’re right.But I have no idea how to do such a thing,the most information I could give you that it was just like fuckin’ a bird.Probably as tight as one also.”

“How do you reckon that one out?” John asked curiously as they approached the curb where Mandi took a rather large hop into the streets and began skipping ahead of John.He was actually surprised she hadn’t landed on her face by the size of the heels she was wearing.

“I donno,I’m just guessin by how often lads have things shoved up their asses.That’s all.”Mandi giggled and began swinging her arms in the air,dancing to her own music.John nodded off into his own thoughts and took in her words slowly.

If it were just like fuckin’ a bird,then it should be no problem at all,he thought to himself.

“John! John! Oh,John! Come dance with me!” Mandi gasped as she twirled in the street,her hair whirling through the air and her skirt twirling with her moving body.

John chuckled and shook his head disapprovingly, “I don’t dance,sorry.”

“Oh yeah,yer too cool to dance.You rock and roll,I forgot.”Mandi chuckled breathlessly and stopped dancing.She walked up to him and took his hands into hers and dragged him into the street and began dancing, “You need to seriously loosen up,mate.Why don’t we dance too...”

She began to hum the opening intro to Peggy Sue before belting the words loudly in the middle of the street, “Come on,John.Sing it,I know you know this song.”

“IF YOU KNEW PEGGY SUE-THEN YOU’D KNOW WHY I FEEL BLUE.WITHOUT PEGGY,MYYY PEGGY SUEEEE!”Mandi screamed cocking her head to the sky and belting out the words from the pit of her throat, “Come on,John.Just scream it,it feels so good.”

John was hesitant but he puffed out his chest and lifted his chin in the air proudly, “OH WELL I LOVE YOU GAL-YES,I LOVE YOU PEGGY S—“

Mandi doubled over hacking and clutching her stomach almost falling to the ground.John dropped his chin and walked over to her,placing a hand on her back, “Am I that bad,luv?”

“No.I just need to stop smoking.”She laughed and lifted herself back up.She wiped the tear from her eye and let out a low sigh, “That was fun,I needed that.Thanks.”

“Ugh.No problem.”John smiled as they continued to walk down the street.John sighed and let the smile stay on his lips until they rounded the corner towards Mandi’s flat.But he couldn’t stop the glowing feeling that was passing him; she was right,the random screaming of Buddy Holly lyrics in the middle of the abandoned street really made him feel better.

As they got closer to her flat,they talked about Hamburg,The Top Ten and Stu.John filled her in about Stu and his decision about leaving the band.Mandi was a bit shocked but wasn’t surprised at Stu’s decisions to leave the band.His heart was too much devoted towards his art let alone a rock and roll band.And his love for Astrid was timeless that even in the short visit to Hamburg last year before leaving due to personal issues involving Pete,Paul and George,she could see how close the couple had became over that short period of time.

“You get lots of gals there this time around?” Mandi asked once the topic of the birds being attracted to the band more then ever,says John,came up.

“Yeah,it was pretty excitin’.Never would I have thought that me ugly gob would find some of those birds in me life.”John replied staring at the cement as he walked down the street with Mandi beside him.

Mandi chuckled and gave him a slight nudge, “It’s cause yer in a rock and roll band,John.You play guitar and sing back vocals.To any bird,that’s a plus.And yer not fuckin’ ugly!”

“Bull shite.That’s all they see,but they don’t really know who I am or what I’m like.”John mumbled and tossed yet another cigarette to the ground.He hissed suddenly and peeled his glasses from the bridge of his nose and shoved them into his pocket, “What about you,luv.What do you think of me?”

“Me?”Mandi asked surprisingly.She gave a nervous chuckle and fidgeted with a loose string on her jacket, “Well,I donno John.You’re a great person who knows what he wants,y’know.And since when do you care what I think about you?”

“I don’t.”He replied with a chuckle as they walked up the walkway to Mandi’s flat.She gave out a light groan and rolled her eyes.

“I knew it.”Mandi chuckled and shoved him, “Thanks for walkin’ me home,mate.I appreciate it,I had fun.”

“Me too.I’ll be over tomorrow night or whatever..”

“Yeah.Just don’t come too early alright.I’m bringin’ Sophie out to give her a tour of Liddypool,show her the sights and attractions that make up this shitty city.”

“Yeah.Where do you plan on takin’ ‘er?”John asked leaning against the building,crossing his arms over his chest.Mandi shrugged.

“Donno yet.I’m just trying to think of a place that’d at least grasp her attention for at least five minutes.”Mandi chuckled.

“Yeah,I might go pick up Paul in the mornin’.Surprise ‘im a bit with a wake up call...Oh shite.Can’t do that.”John spat remembering the moment when Jim McCartney almost walked in on him and Paul earlier on.His stomach grumbled at the thought.

“What happened?”Mandi asked curiously.

“Nothin’.Jim McCartney just made his ‘round abouts while Paul and I were in his room snoggin’.” John mumbled,tossing a dirty glare to the cement.Mandi busted into giggles but she quickly covered her mouth once John shot her a look.

“Oh my.That’s---That would’ve been bad.”She said.

John nodded, “I know.That’s why we came ‘ere for a bit of peace and quiet from everyone.”John sighed,rubbing his eyes.He suddenly became drowsy and tired from the train ride back to Liverpool from Hamburg and all the running about today has brought him.

Mandi smiled thoughtlessly at John’s comments.It made her feel good that the two of them would try and hide their love away from the world in her flat.From the prying eyes of the judgmental world and just bask in each others arms as Mandi saw earlier when she walked into her flat.

“Well.That’s—I mean,no wonder you lot picked me lock on the door.”She laughed but John stayed silent.

“It was unlocked.”

“Oh.Well,that’s not good then.”She sighed scratching her forehead,letting her arm drop to her side, “Well,I guess.I better be goin’ now.Thanks for walkin’ me home again.”

She walked up to him and wrapped him into a warming hug.John sighed and grasped her tightly.He pulled away from her and squinted down at her,noticing his blurred vision of the outline of her dark doe eyes and luscious chocolate coloured hair.

“Thanks Mands.For helpin’ me out.”John mumbled and cursed underneath his breath.He quickly pulled out his glasses once again and put them on, “There.”

Mandi giggled, “No problem.I guess,that's what I’m here for.And what—You’re like,obsessed with those glasses.”

“It’s me Buddy Holly look,”John said bashfully with a smug smirk.

Mandi smiled, “I knew it.You could pass for ‘im y’know, “ She yawned and stretched her arms in the air, “I’ll see you tomorrow then,mate.Don’t forget to bring yer love with yeh.”

“Oh I will.G’Night Mands.”John winked as he watched her disappear inside the building before taking off down the street in the direction of his Aunt Mimi’s.He hadn’t realized how late it actually was until he passed by a shop and glanced through the window at a clock.

“Shite!”He gasped and began jogging down the street towards Woolton.At this point the front door wasn’t an option.The drain pipe and his bedroom window sounded like the perfect entrance,dodging Aunt Mimi in the process.But he couldn’t help but think about the excitement and images playing throughout his mind about earlier tonight and how his surprise for Paul was going to be played out.

Hopefully when it happens,it’ll all roll out smoothly,he thought to himself.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here you go guys :)
Also,have you seen the trailer to the new Nowhere Boy film? I think it's pretty cool,might go check it out.Also,again,ahah,I have like a massive over load of Paul pictures on my computer.SO if any of you Paul ladies would like some,don't be afraid to message me on MSN or here and I'll send you some :)
NOWHERE BOY TRAILER! :D