Status: I am writing as we speak. I've had writers block and struggled to refine the story for so long. I'm back though and a new chapter should be up by the end of the week

Pitch Black Heaven

Story Tellers Have The Edge

- ZACH'S POV -

I walked her to the car. She didn't speak, I became anxious.

As we hit the road she finally spoke. "Do you trust me?" She asked quietly. Did I trust her? Yes.

"Yes, why?" I questioned back.

She took a moment. "... Do you trust me enough to tell me your story?" Her eyes locked with mine and I couldn't look away. I hit the breaks as the lights turned red.

"What story." I managed to whisper.

She rolled her eyes. "Everyone has a story..." She scoffed. I frowned to myself. "Will you tell me your story? Why you hate Liam so much?" Her voice became almost pleading as her eyes begged me to reveal my secrets. It hurt so much, just to think about my past. I didn't know if I could stay composed.

"I... I don't know if I can." I choked, pain leaking into my voice. I was caught of guard when she reached out and touched my hand.

She looked into my eyes and whispered. "You can trust me." I believed her. Painful memories of the very day my life changed forever came to the surface.

*FLASH BACK*

-LIAM'S POV-

I was angry, my mind was going one hundred miles and hour. I was so sick of the scum they called the 'rich'. I was sick of life, I would continue my masquerade. Then I saw him, Mr Benson. One of the richest men America had seen. He looked so... normal, driving in his expensive car, his family beside him. But that didn't disguise what he truly was, scum, a rich piece of scum. Today I would save the human race from that horrible man.

I spun the wheel until the sound of metal screeching was all I could hear. I laughed as I watched their car flip and fly off the bridge.

- ZACH'S POV -

It happened so quickly, he smirked and evil smirk as he smashed into us. The car spun before flying into mid air off the bridge.

My life was over for sure.

Mum screamed violently dad did too but being the man he was he still held some sort of authority. It was true what they say, things do slow down when your facing death rig th in the face but my mind was working so quickly I could register everything almost instantly. The car was going to dive into the water and we would drown and die. Tears were flooding out of mums hazel eyes and dad still held the steering wheel as if he could steer us from our death.

Impossible.

We hit the water with unbelievable force, the water bubbled around us, seeping into through the cracks. It was like being buried alive, I couldn't breath though the water hadn't risen fully.

"Mum, dad I love you!" I wailed. It seemed appropriate for the situation. Mum grabbed my hand from the front seat and squeezed it. The water rose until we were no longer in our own little air bubble. I opened the car door and swum out with all my might, the car was sinking and sinking fast. I turned for mum and dad waiting for them to follow me.

But they couldn't.

Dads fists bashed against the window, mums hands were frantic as she clawed at the door Handel trashing when it didn't open. I tired to scream but water only flooded my mouth, I decided to save my breath. I swam to help them, but the doors were jammed. I wanted to tell them to swim to the back doors but I knew it would be to late and I couldn't speak. I felt like my chest was collapsing, like I had five hundred cars on top of me.

My heart was breaking. Mum mouthed 'I love you' and blew me a kiss, I caught it. Dad pressed his had up against the window, I lined mine up against his. I fought with my loss of breath to spend my last moments with them.

'Goodbye' Dad mouthed. His hand clenched into a fist and they began to trash around holding their throats. Then it was over, their eyes closed and they became limp, just floating in the water.

I raised my arms and swam to the top, sure I wouldn't make it. But I broke through the barrier of water gasping for breath.

"No!" I screamed, I just continued to scream. I could hear the sirens the screaming people. I could see them pointing to the lone boy floating in the middle of the river. I couldn't hold back my tears, they flowed down my flushed cheeks like the river I swum in. "No." I whispered trembling. I was alone in this world, I had no one left.

I didn't want to live.

I heard the sound of a motor boat. "Get in son." A man in a resource uniform held his hand out, I grabbed it though my body was numb. As I clamored into the boat it sped off back to shore. I knew there was a frenzy of people around me, trying to help me. They couldn't help me now.

"Where are his parents?" One paramedic asked. My heart sunk.

"I don't think they made it out." Another replied. The screaming from the bridge went on, people still pointed, cars stopped and people stammered out to see the show.

"It'll be okay." A lady knelt in front of me and smiled. I didn't smile back.

It wasn't going to be okay. I wasn't going to be alright. My life was over, I had lost everything and everyone I ever loved. How was it going to be okay?

I remained numb and detached. I didn't want to stay here, so I ran from them all. I ran, I ran back home not stopping. They ran after my but I was too quick for them. When I climbed the steps to our Washington Manor I was exhausted but I still clamored to my room. I wasn't sure where I was going to go but I packed a small bag with only a few things.

A change of clothes, my dads gun, my mothers pearl necklace and a photo of us at our holiday house in California. I stuffed them in a back pack taking my fathers keys to my favorite of my fathers many cars. But when I turned to leave there were three men standing in my door way.

"So you survived?" The oldest sneered with hate, he looked to be seventeen or so. I recognized that horrid face, it was the man who had killed my parents. "If you run my men will just kill you." He warned seeing me turn for the second door out of my room.

My eyes narrowed, I had a plan. "If it takes my whole life, I will kill you." I growled with venom. And I spun and sprinted to my window, I jumped smashing the glass. I jumped into the tree by my window using all my balance to stay up. I jumped from the tree and onto the ground and ran, dodging the bullets fired my way. One grazed my waist and though it bled I ran to the garage slipped into my fathers black Camero and sped away.

"I will kill him." I whispered to myself.

I shed one last tear for my parents, just one.

* END OF FLASHBACK *

"Hello?" She waved her hand in front of my face.

"Oh- sorry." I muttered looking down.

"You can tell me." She whispered again. I had sworn never to re tell the story to anyone but I felt like I needed to tell her.

With trembling lips I told her everything. From the metal screeching, from the car flying into mid air. To the car sinking and my parents traumatizing death.

A tear rolled down her cheek. "Oh my god Zach..." She breathed, wiping them away.

"Are you... crying?" I queried leaning towards her.

"H-how could he d-do that?!" She shrieked throwing her shivering body into my arms, I hugged her feeling I could share my heartache with her. Her shivers conducted through me sending shivers up my spine. "Zach..." She murmured softly.

"Yes?" I heard her sniffle.

"You told me your story so I'll tell you something I've never told anyone before." She told me trying to smile.

"You don't ha-"

She cut me off. "Yes I do." I shut up knowing she wouldn't let me stop her. "Liam isn't my biological brother." She revealed.

"What?!" I hollered in shock. "But, but, but...?" I couldn't understand.

"My parents said they adopted him. Though they didn't tell me much else." She explained. Something like gladness flickered in her eyes ending me into a state of confusion again. "Thats why I think I should join you."

My jaw dropped. "Really?" Surprised was evident in my tone. "Well... sure!" I agreed enthusiastically. "As long as you don't mind shooting at your brother." I added with a laugh.

"No thats fine, that bastard is dead in my books." She laughed. I felt so joyful to know she was one of us now. I didn't completely understand why but for some crazy reason I felt like she was a part of me now. "Uh... what about the others..." She asked. The others, we all had stories.

"You'll have to ask them yourself." I smiled apologetically. "After all your one of us now." I finished with another smile. "And this is yours, don't use it until we train you though." I pulled my spare gun from a small compartment in my car and handed it to her.

"Holy shit!" She cried. I chucked and she took it more willingly now. I watched as she stuffed it under her belt and didn't look at it again.

"Thanks." She smiled turning back to the window, I wished for this one night I could hear what she was thinking. I hoped the reaction I saw was the true one. I stared at the Cupids Cafe as we passed it, not far from her house.

I think I'm falling for Miss Confused. My jaw dropped.

Pitch Black Heaven - © MemoriesdonoJustice / Rose Tonis 2009.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow I loved this chapter, one of my favorites. I'm so excited for all the huge events coming up. As I said there will be three main deaths and the first one is not far away. There are so many stories behind each character and I can't wait for you to hear them all and put the puzzle together.

I don't want to be a hastle but if you do like the story it would be great if you subscribed or commented, but I just hope you enjoy reading :)

Thanks, Rose. Aka MemoriesdonoJustice.