Take My Hand and Don't Let Go

ten

I sat down into a chair and laid my head on someone's shoulder, and then I drifted off to sleep.

I sat down on the bay window in his bed room and looked outside of it.

"Tiff, there's nothing to do, wanna go to the movies or something ?" he asked me

"Nick, I have no money on me and I'm not gunna let you pay for me again" I argued

"then let's watch a movie up here, go pick one"

I got up and walked towards his little DVD shelf thing and looked through each case, finally deciding on The Notebook, I put it in and through the cover to Nick

"you are so obsessed" he mumbled

"thanks" I said jumping onto his bed and sitting cross-legged beside him

we sat in silence for awhile, until a question pondered in my head while the movie began to play

"Nick why do you even have The Notebook? you told me that you hated it"

"because" a single word answer

"because why ?"

this time no asnwer.

"because I love you" he whispered so soft that I could barely understand him

"what ?" I asked a little too loudly

"what ?" he asked like nothing had happened

"you just said you loved me"

I watched the shocked/embarasment crawl all over his face

"I...I..I..." he studdered "I can --" he started to say, but I cut him off as my lips began to shape themselves around his. He kissed me back after a moment, but I stopped

"you have a girlfriend" I said, remembering her. Alexa Johnston.

"oh yea" he said, pulling off of my body

"what are you going to tell her ?" I asked

"what do you mean ?"

"Nicholas, you just had a two minute kiss with me, I consider that dating"

"what ?" he said in a girlish schriek "Alexa is my girlfriend, I actually need her"

boy say what ?

"you need her, we've been best friends since we were two and you need her more than me"

"no no, you're getting it all wrong, I actually just need someone to love, and that's not you"

oh, it's go time

"YOU SICK, LYING BASTARD !" I screamed to him "YOU DON'T NEED ME ?! WHY DON'T I JUST WALK OUT THAT DOOR AND NEVER COME BACK ?!"

"FINE, I DON'T NEED YOU IN MY LIFE, YOUR NOTHING BUT A SELF-OBSESSED DANCER AND YOU CARE NOTHING ABOUT ME AND MY FAMILY, I BET YOUR JUST IN THIS FOR THE FAME"

this was the begining of the water-works "I HATE YOU" I screamed to him and opened the door, each family member had there ears pressed to, I pushed Joe's shoulder out of the way and ran down the hallway, down the stairs and out the front door. forever.


The room I woke up in was dull. Boring and dull. The chairs were in a square, but left a space open to enter and exit this little section. My head was laying on Nick's shoulder when I woke up and our fingers were intwined with eachothers.

"this isn't happening" I whispered, before I dashed out of my seat and walked to wherever my feet led me.

I walked in my converse that I was originally wearing to the dance. I was still wearing my black and white dress, my black head band still wrapped around my hair, I found my white mask scrunched into my clutch. My curly,blonde hair was still in a low, side pony. I caught a glimpse of myself in a mirror that I walked by. The three seconds that I saw my face in was not pretty. My make-up was ruined, my eyes were red and puffy, and I looked like a fricken monster.

It took me about ten minutes to become aware of the continous footsteps following behind me. I finally decided to turn around and two very familiar faces were standing in front of me. I stood there, hoping that they would say something first. I was right.

"you didn't expect to wake up with him did you ?" Ariel asked

"not really" I replied, wiping my eyes

"come here" Joe said, opening his arms in the process, I stepped into them, this time I didn't cry.

"I'm ruining this whole night for everybody, I should just leave" I said after a few minutes

"no, honey, everybody knows how hard this is for you, and they know how hard your trying not to spoil this for them, so just keep doing what you've been doing, because nobody here is down on you"

"I know but--" I started but he cut me off by puting one finger on his lips, quieing me to stop talking.

"now listen to me, there was absolutly no difference between the guy you were dancing with and the guy sitting over there in the waiting room, and don't you dare say anything because I know that you love him, you just don't know it yet"

"okay, Joe" I kissed his cheek "thankyou"

I stepped to Ariel "thankyou" I said hugging her "anytime" she whispered to me

"let's go" Joe said when we let go of eachother

we walked in silence to the the waiting room, the only empty seat was next to Nick, so I took it, but we didn't make any eye-contact.

Everyone sat there for atleast an hour, carrying on small talk, and silence arose when Paul and Denise spotted Kevin walk through the doors. He was dressed like a doctor and had a serious look on his face, but he wasn't paying attention to us, he was using his fingers and talking to himself
♠ ♠ ♠
long chapter ! yay ! please plase please don;t be a silent reader, I absolutly adore your feeback so comment please <3