I Want to Help You

dreaming

During the night I cooked Pasta and chips and then settled down to watch some TV on a huge TV in the livingroom. I must have fallen asleep halfway thought The Shinning when I felt a hand on my arm. I shot up and screamed.
“hey! Grace its me. Anna”
“oh god, sorry. you scared me”
“sorry, are you ok?”
“im fine, I just…”I stopped to yawn, “I just fell asleep watching TV”
“oh did you have dinner?”
“yes, I did”
“ok, just checking. Did you have a nice day?”
“yes, I got some new clothes and found a job”
“that’s woundeful, where?”
“the Starbucks you said. I start tomorrow”
“congradulations. I hope everything goes ok”
“So do i. but they said when I go on Maturnaty leave they pay me for it and give me 3 weeks holiday”
“that’s amazing Grace, I don’t know anyone who has it that good”
“I know right? Well I better go to bed”
“yes, me too. Night”
“night” I wandered down the corridor and into my room. that night I dremt of that guy in the store, Shia. God a guy like that would do me fine! I dreamt that he came to the house, lifted me off my feet and drove me into the sunset confessing his unstoppable love for me. it made me feel all warm inside which I haven’t felt in years, not since I first got together with Nick.
In the morning I was running late, feeling worse than ever and had no time for breakfast. I rushed out the house and to the car when I pulled up at work I noticed my hair was a mess, I had no make up on and I looked very tried. I hunted around in my bag to find something to help me but nothing. I evently found a brush in the passenger seat, I brshed thought my damp luggy hair and tried to make myself look decent. 5 minuets later I walked in greeted by a women holding an apron.
“hi, im Cassie. Im gonna help train you up”
“oh ok. Im Grace”
“cool” she showed me and then asked me to do it. I did it the first try and then she told me how the till works. I got the hang of it and then the doors opened. i must have served and taken about 50 people’s orders in 11 seconds. Everyone was shouting and rushing, took it by surpris. Around 11 we were empty apart from a few people sat down. I decided to have a small sit down to rest my feet and have a glass of water. Cassie was happy to join me but stood behind the bar incase someone came in. she asked where I was from and what I was doing in LA. I told her, everything. Im not ashamed. I just think people should now me if they open up to me and I need to make as many friends as possable.
“wow, that so fucked up” she said with her mouth wide open with a drink in her hand that was about to fall.
“thanks” I rolled my eyes and stood up. “ok, you can sit down and have your break now”
“oh thanks. im gonna go out for a fag”
“alright” I said surprised she was very blunt but I brushed it off and went to stand behind the counter. Since I started a little over 3 hours ago I got in the habbit of looking at the door everytime it rang, no matter if their coming in or out but this time I didn’t. I was to busy cleaning down on the counter when I heard someone cough. I spun around to see the guy from the store from yesterday.
“oh hey, its you” he said smiling happily. I smiled back.
“hey, what can I get you?” I asked stepping behind the till.
“umm Ice Latte and your number” I glanced up and noticed he wasn’t joking. He was still smiling but not laughing.
“excuse me?” I frowned writing the order.
“your number”
“right ok then. That will be 2.80 please” he handed me the money and I started it order.
“im not joking you know. when I saw you yerterday I wanted to ask you but I couldn’t”
“ok then” I said but didn’t think anything of it until I handed him his drink. He took my hand and smiled.
“call me then” he said and walked away leaving a note in my hand. I opened it up to see his name and number.
“hey” Cassie said returning from her break. “hows it going?”
“great, some guy just gave me his number” I said still shocked.
“really? Who?”
“that guy” I pointed to him as he walked out.
“oh my god. That Shia Labeouf”
“who?” I asked not reacting like she was.
“like the hottest guy in Hollywood. Haven’t you seen Transformers?”
“what? No”
“oh honey! God help you”
“why?”
“well first off you need to come to my house to see the movie. How about tomorrow night?”
“sure, I have no plans” I said rubbing my stomace.
“you so don’t look pregnant” she said resting against the counter.
“im hoping I wont for a while, I don’t want people paying a lot of attention to me”
“well if you call Shia Labeouf up I can tell you that you will be getting a lot of attention”
“better not ring him then”
“no! you need to ring him!” she screamed. I laughed at her excited personality. “after work tomorrow, ok?”
“yes”
“good” for the rest of the day it was really quite apart from when the school kids finished for the day. My shift ends at 3 so I left Cassie and drove home. once at home Anna was in the garden weeding some plants. I waved and parked up.
“hey Anna. How was your day?” I asked locking the car. She walked over to me and gave me a hug.
“wonderful, that’s great. Well I’m gonna order some pizza for dinner, that ok?”
“sure, im good. But im not going to be in tomorrow night coz im gonna be at my friends Cassie, house watching movies”
“really? You made a friend, good for you”
“thanks” I said proudly, “well im gonna shower and then rest my feet”
“yes dear, don’t wanna over work yourself” she went back to gardening while I went to shower. It was so nice showering in a huge shower with no grime around the edges or hear of dying if I slipped on the nasty green stuff at the top of the bath. But this shower was in a room of its own. so amazing! Even a tap for scented water. Just heaven.