Du bist nicht alleine... Ich bin an deiner Seite

Chapter 3

~Spencer’s POV~

“Okay, so you burned the sauce. It’s not that bad, we can still fix it with making something else, right?” I ask, trying to comfort Em.
She’s really feeling bad because she burned it and in a few minutes, Ryan and Lily will be here and they’ll notice that we got our food burned.
“Can’t we start again?” I ask, trying to help her with the ingredients.
“Some of the ingredients I used, were the last ones we had, Spence. And I can’t make a new sauce in what? Five minutes?” she says, sounding desperate.
I close my eyes and curse inside of me. There goes the impression I wanted to make on Ryan… I try not to think about it, maybe it’s not too late.
“You know what? Why don’t you just take some ketchup, and empty the whole bottle in a pot. Then we take some binder and we’ve got tomato-sauce like that as well, no?” I suggest, trying to cheer her up again.
“You’re right.” Emily says as she walks towards the fridge.

Right when I’m taking the binder out of the cupboard, the bell rings. My heart jumps and I start to blush. I turn towards my sister, handing her the binder and telling her she has to stir the sauce until she thinks it’s good. She nods and I skip towards the front door. With a huge smile I unlock and open the door.

“Hey R… Lily.” I greet, getting slightly disappointed that it isn’t Ryan who is standing in front of me.
“Hi Spencer. Are you okay?” she asks.
“Yea, I’m okay. What about you?” I ask back.
“I am now.” She sighs and looks at me with a goofy smile upon her face.

Lily has the same age as Emily. She’s a nice girl, unfortunately, she’s insanely in love with me. She also thinks I don’t know she’s in love with me, but I do know and it’s pretty hilarious the way she’s looking at me sometimes. Even now she’s staring at me. I flash her a quick smile and motion her to come in. Right when I’m about to close the door, Ryan puts his foot in between the door and the door frame.

“You weren’t going to let me in, were you?” he asks, as he pushes the door further open.
“I was, I just didn’t see you coming.” I flash him a smile, trying to act normal again.

Acting normal around my best friend has become a real operation lately, more like Mission Impossible or something like that. I try to do my best to avoid jumping on him and attacking him with kisses and everything else. Even though I really wish I could do that… the only thing is… I don’t know how he feels about me, if he’ll like it or if he’ll turn away and leave me. And I don’t want to lose him as my friend either, so maybe it’s best if I at least try to act normal. I don’t want to freak Lily and Em out either. Em may accept me for being gay, but I don’t think she’d like it if I started undressing Ryan right underneath her nose.

We all walk into the living room, and I tell them to have a seat, moving back to the kitchen myself.

I walk towards the cooker, looking in the pot of the sauce.

“This looks good.” I state, and Emily smiles proudly.
“I tried to do the best I could. I really hope Lily and Ryan will like it.” She says, doubting herself a little.
“I’m sure they’ll love it. Besides, how will you ever learn how to cook if you don’t burn something every once in a while?” I ask, trying to make her smile.
She smiles and I hug her.
“You’re the best, Em.” I state, rubbing her back.
“I wouldn’t have done it without you, Spency.” She replies as she pulls back from the hug.

I take the pot with spaghetti and pour the water off. I put the pot on the fire again, to make sure every bit of water is out of it. Then, I take the pot off the cooker again and walk it to the dinner table in the living room. I put the pot on the table and that’s when I notice how gorgeous my best friend is looking. I try not to stare at him, but again, it’s pretty difficult to keep my eyes off him. He’s wearing his blue shirt and it looks so amazingly beautiful when he’s wearing it. When I do manage to look away from him, I notice that I’m still in the clothes with spots of sauce on it.

“I uhm… I’ll go change. I-I’ll be back in a second.” I announce, stuttering.
What the fuck is the matter with me? Is that what he’s doing to me? Ryan nods and Lily giggles. I roll my eyes when I turn around and walk to my room.

I can’t believe I stuttered in front of him… I curse myself over and over again for doing that in front of him. I’ve never done it before, then why now? I quickly change in something else. A white shirt and black dress pants should do the trick. I try to make my hair look at least a little bit decent, but it doesn’t work at all. I walk towards my mirror and look at myself. I take a few breaths before wiping off the small spots of eyeliner that has faded a little. I put on my sneakers and walk back downstairs. On the stairs, I meet Emily.

“I’m quickly going to dress in something else.” She says, smiling.
“Be quick, I don’t want to be stuck with Lily for too long.” I say, joking.
“I can’t help the fact that she’s hopelessly in love with you.” Em says, laughing out loud.
“I know you can’t, but it’s just too obvious that she does. How would she react if you told her I’m gay?” I ask Em, smirking.
“You’re not going to tell her you’re gay. Please, Spencer, don’t do it. I’ll lose a friend if you do it.”
“I’ll try, but you know I can be a pain in the ass if I want to.”
“I know, that’s why I don’t want you to tell her. Please?”
“I won’t, promise. She’ll find out herself.”
“Thanks, big brother.”

Em runs up the stairs and I jump downstairs, skipping the last three steps. I sit down next to Ryan and notice Lily staring at me already. Why does she have to make it this obvious anyway? I look at my best friend, and he smiles at me. Seeing him smile makes me smile as well.

“You look good.” I remark and he blushes.
“Thanks.” He softly says.
I think good is an understatement. He looks amazingly beautiful and I can’t help staring at him.
“So, Spencer, how’s school going?” Lily asks, trying to make a conversation.
“Pretty good, I guess.” I reply.

Emily comes walking in the living room and we all start eating.