Status: Internet is back!

The Last Nyxen

Ten

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry was a magical place where the professors taught young witches and wizards how to control their magic. They teach them the dos and don’ts of magic. They teach the young witches and wizards how to endure the magical world after the leave Hogwarts, since Voldemort was on the rise. But that was during the semester. But what occurs when school hasn’t started and the only two people at Hogwarts are supposed to be mortal enemies?

I, myself, didn’t know what to think. I mean, yes, I am supposed to hate him but for some strange reason I just can’t. In the beginning I did hate because he was rude and ignorant. I couldn’t stand him. But now, I had a lot of trouble trying to hate him. Well, I wouldn’t say hate, exactly.

My mind was everywhere at the moment. I was currently sitting in a rather large chair that was facing across a desk. The desk had stacks of parchment, writing tools, and other paraphernalia that I had no idea what they were. I was the only one in here since I was the first one to come through by floo powder. Everything in the past few days seemed a like a blur now. It’s only been a couple of weeks and already things are changing. I didn’t know what was happening anymore.

“I hate going through floo powder,” a voice grumbled behind me. I turned around in the seat to see that Harry had stumble out of the fireplace. He didn’t get his balance and he ended up tripping over his own two feet. “Ow,” Harry said, rubbing the side of his side. For some odd reason he landed on his head instead of his knees.

I let out a small giggle as I got from the chair and rushed to him. I grabbed his upper arm and pulled him up. “Are you okay?” I asked, still giggling.

Harry rolled his eyes and brushed off his pants. “That wasn’t funny,” he stated, looking at me.

I slightly smiled and shrugged my shoulders. “Well, from where I was sitting, it was.” Harry faked a laugh and crossed his arms. I put my balance on my right foot and crossed my arms, mimicking Harry’s actions.

“Don’t copy me,” he said.

“Don’t copy me.”

“You’re annoying.”

“You’re annoying.”

Harry threw his hands in the air. “Ugh,” he groaned. “You are impossible.”

I smirked and sat on the chair, my legs dangling over the side. “I know,” I said. “Where’s Dumbledore?” I swung my legs almost kicking Harry on his knee.

Harry jumped back and glared at me. I shrugged and started playing with my fingers trying to act innocent. It actually works most of the too. But, knowing Harry, he probably won’t buy it. Not that I know him.

“I am here,” Dumbledore said. We looked back to see him coming in through the door. I absolutely had no clue where we went or came from. “I just came from the kitchens.” It was like he read my mind. “I got a bit hungry.” We nodded our heads and I instantly sat up straight. Harry sat down on the chair beside me and Dumbledore went to sit behind his desk. “As you know, the two of you must stay here to be safe.”

I nodded my head and looked at Harry. His face had no emotion in it. “But, Professor,” I said. “Why is Harry here?”

Dumbledore looked at Harry for a moment and turned his gaze towards me. “The same reason you’re here, Brooklyn. Lord Voldemort is at large and we must protect you two.”

“What are we going to do when school starts?” Harry asked leaning back in the chair. “Malfoy could do anything.”

“We would have to try our best when that time comes,” Dumbledore replied, looking at Harry through his half-moon spectacles. “But for now, relax. Your trunks are in the Gryffindor common room.” He then turned to me. “Brooklyn, you’re going to be with Harry for now. When the term starts, we’ll have you sorted.”

I bobbed my head up and down and stood up. Harry stood up as well and walked towards the doors. I followed him to the door but looked back before I left. I saw Dumbledore looking at us. He gave me a slight nod and I thought I saw a glimmer flicker in his eyes. I blinked my eyes a couple of times and looked at him again but it was gone. It’s like it was never there in the first place. I smiled at him at left his office. I went down the stairs to see a long hallway, an empty hallway.

“Harry,” I called out. I looked to my left and then to my right but saw no one there. “Damn it, Harry,” I grumbled. I crossed my arms and just started walking in a random direction not bothering to look at where I was going. It seemed to be about five minutes and I was already lost. I had no idea where I was anymore. I sighed in frustration and sat down, cross-legged, in the middle of the deserted hallway. Hogwarts was gigantic and I didn’t know if I was going to be able to navigate through this place. I placed my elbows on my knees and laid my head on my hands. “Stupid school, it had to be huge.”

All of a sudden I felt something tickle my sides. I stood up quickly and screamed. There was someone laughing and I turned to look at Harry holding his sides. “Now, that was hilarious,” he said, gasping for a breath of air.

“Harry!” I yelled, hitting him on the shoulder. “That wasn’t funny. I almost scared me to death.”

It looked like Harry was thinking a bit before he answered. “And that would be bad?” He smirked and I glared at him before I hit him on his other shoulder. “You are very violent.”

I smiled sweetly at him. “Why, thank you.” I looked around at my surrounding before I turned back to him. “Um, lead the way,” I said unsurely, pointing towards the end of the hallway. It was almost as if I was asking him a question.

He shook his head sighed. “This way,” he said walking in front of me now. I walked, well, mostly ran, behind him since he had long strides. I was out of breath when he stopped causing me to bump into him. I apologized before looking up and then down. There staircases but these were moving around. “We have to go to the seventh floor,” he explained to me.

I nodded my head, gasping a little. Walking up stairs was something I really didn’t want to do. He started walking and I followed him up the stairs. I walked next to him as he slowed down his steps.

“Brooklyn?” he said looking at me. I made a small noise, indicating that I heard him. He continued on. “You called me Harry,” he stated.

I looked at him a grinned. “You called me Brooklyn,” I shot back in a playful manor. He laughed which made me giggle. In a matter of minutes he stopped laughing and looked at me. I stopped giggling and looked down, now hiding my red cheeks that were slowly creeping up on my cheeks.

“We made it,” Harry said, getting rid of the silence. I looked up to see a painting of a rather large lady in a pink, ruffled dress. “I don’t know the password,” Harry groaned.

“Don’t worry, dear,” the lady said, waving her hand aimlessly. “There are no passwords when term hasn’t started.” Harry sighed in relief as the portrait swung open. When I stepped through the round opening, I was immediately greeted with warmth. There were a lot of arm chairs, tables, and a fire place, which was running at this very moment. At the end of the common room were two staircases that led to two separate entries.

“This is the Gryffindor Common Room,” Harry said. I kind of figured. I was about to say it out loud but held back. He then pointed to one of the staircases. “That one, on the right, is the boys’ dormitories. The one on the left is the girls’ dormitories. That’s where you’re going to be sleeping for now.”

“Thanks, Harry,” I told him. I turned towards him and saw that he was gazing at the fire looking deep in thought. He shrugged and just nodded. “No, I mean thanks.” I tried to emphasize the word ‘thanks’ so he could see that I was thankful for everything he’s done for me.

Harry must have realized how I meant it because he then turned his head to me and gave me a genuine smile. “No problem, Brooklyn,” he said. For a second, I thought I felt my heart flutter. If that makes any sense. My stomach felt weird and I thought it was because I hadn’t eaten anything at all. I knew he meant it because his smile reached his eyes, making his eyes twinkle.

That was the very first time I saw him like that, and I actually liked it. I started walking towards the stairs. When I arrive at the top of the stair case, I looked down. Harry was staring at me but didn’t have the smile on his face anymore. Instead he was grinning making him look adorable. I slightly smiled before opening the door. When I stepped through the door there was a small hallway with seven more doors. I walked towards the end and noticed that each door had a number. I was thinking those were where the student who are in their exact year sleep. I was going to be in 6th year so I thought about going to the door that had the number six. I turned the door knob and opened it, entering a dorm room with four, four-poster beds in a formation of a circle, nightstands next to the beds, and what looked to be a connecting bathroom. I noticed my trunk was by the door way of the bathroom. I grabbed it and looked around. Since I was the only one there, I decided to get the bed closest to the window. I dragged the trunk to the end of my bed and jumped down on my new bed. This was my new home now. I knew things were going to change. Did I really want them to, though? I was still afraid of the changes, to be honest. I sighed as I looked at my trunk. Should I un-pack now or later?

*********************************************************************************************

Walking along the corridors late at night was probably the most idiotic thing I have ever thought of. First, it was dark, making it impossible to see. Second, I forgot my wand, yet again so that didn’t help much. Third, I had no idea where I was.

The corridor I was currently in felt cold and mysterious. The paintings that were usually on the walls were no longer there and there were rows of knights lined up against them instead. Everything seemed to quiet down at that moment. The leaves weren’t rustling outside and the wind stopped howling. I looked towards my left at the window and saw that the leaves were indeed still being attacked by the wind. Something peculiar was going on but I couldn’t put my finger on it. The full moon didn’t give off any light either. Everything was silent and black.

That’s when I thought about my foreign powers I barley learned about. Dumbledore had told me that I could do any type of spell without a wand. I still didn’t think how that made me a special witch though. I sighed and closed my eyes, thinking about light. I thought about the corridor being lit up with a bright light. I took a deep breath and opened my eyes. It looked exactly the same. Nothing had changed. It was still as dark as before. I looked out the window again and just gazed at the moon. Something caught my eye when I did. Next to the moon were three stars perfectly aligned towards one another, shining as brightly as the full moon.

I gasped as I realized it was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. All the miniature stars were shining around them giving the sky a luminous glow. It was bright outside yet the castle was still dark. I tried giving light to the corridor one more time but failed once again. I gave a depressed sigh as I started walking. I was looking down at the floor with my hands stuffed in my pockets when I heard a growl. I snapped my head up and looked around frantically but I couldn’t see anything.

“Why did I have to walk by myself?” I whispered. I started walking faster trying to get to the end of the hall. Every time I figured I was at the end was just an illusion to me. It seemed like it went forever. That’s probably because I haven’t slept.

I was walking for about 10 more minutes when I heard another growl. I picked up my pace and started running. I heard loud footsteps behind me and got frightened. I knew I wasn’t running fast enough. I suddenly felt a sharp pain hit my lower back. I plummeted to the cold, dirty floor in a bundle, my wrist colliding with the floor first. I yelled out in pain and anguish as my wrist starting throbbing. But nothing compared to the pain I was feeling on lower back. It felt as if someone had run me over with three carriages and tried to cut me with a worn out saw. It was a bad analogy but that’s how I pretty much felt at this moment. I groaned as I tried sitting up but failed to comply. I couldn’t move and I couldn’t put pressure on my wrist either.

I laid on the floor, unmoving, hoping that the person behind me was gone. I thought me and Harry were the only ones in Hogwarts right now. I never knew someone else was here too. The footsteps that were behind me gradually got slower until they came to a complete stop. I seemed as if I stopped breathing as I felt the presence of someone else right next to me. I heard another growl as calloused hands grabbed me by the arms and hoisted me up in a very cruel manner. I screamed as I felt the pain in my lower back shoot through my whole body. I felt myself behind pulled towards someone as the face became quite close to mine.

I couldn’t see who was holding on to me but I saw another person in front of me. Nobody could ever mistake that long blonde hair for some other person.

“Lucius,” I gasped, looking shocked. I shook my head and glared at him a second later.

“Mr. Malfoy,” he snarled. “Show some respect you ungrateful little-“

“Sir,” the mysterious man who was clutching me said. “What are we going to do now?” His voice was loud and raspy, making shivers run up my arms.

Lucius looked at him sharply, angry that he interrupted him, before answering him. “I’ll show you what we’re going to do, Greyback.” I looked Lucius with a perplexed glance. “Crucio!” I struggle for breath as I felt the same sharp pain from my lower back, now at my stomach. I screamed out in pain as I remembered that familiar curse. Fenrir Greyback let go of my arms and I fell to the floor yet again. I withered in misery trying to get rid of all the pain.

Lucius bent down to my level and brought his face close to mine. “You will pay for everything you’ve ever done,” he spat in my face. “The Dark Lord no longer cares for you and has given me the job to dispose of you.”

I looked at him wide eyed as I heard Greyback give another growl. I looked at Greyback to see him lick his lips and smile widely at me. I turned to Lucius again, terror written in my eyes.

“What do you say about Brooklyn?” Lucius asked. “Brooklyn, Brooklyn, Brooklyn.” He kept repeating my name but it never sounded like him.

I sat up so quickly that I thought my head was going to burst. I looked around the room and noticed that Lucius or Fenrir weren’t there. Harry, on the other hand, was there. “Brooklyn,” he sighed in relief. A blanket was covering my legs, and my hair was matted down to my forehead. I looked at his emerald eyes before wrapping my arms around his neck, bringing him towards me, making him sit on side of my bed. Harry immediately became stiff as I came into contact with him. He was surprised at the sudden closeness between us but then put it aside. He wrapped both of his arms around my waist and brought me closer to him. I placed my head at the crook of his neck and whimpered a little.

“Oh, Harry,” I whispered against his neck. “I was so scared. It felt so real.” I hugged him tighter as I felt his hands rub my back, soothingly.

“It’s okay, Brooklyn,” Harry murmured. “It was just a bad dream; you’re going to be okay. You’re safe here,” He continued on. “Let’s go down to the common room and sit by the fire.”

I nodded my head and removed my arms around Harry’s neck as he did so to my waist. I stood up after he did and followed him out the door. That was the first time, in a long time, that I actually believed I was safe. That moment was when I first started trusting Harry.
♠ ♠ ♠
I finished it! Yay, lol.
I hope you enjoyed this veryy much! And because I think you people are so awesome, I made you all a video.

It's actually a trailer for this story but it gives you a peak at events that are/might happen in the story.
Hope you like it!
The Last Nyxen Trailer

-Bianca nadine