Status: Internet is back!

The Last Nyxen

Nine

“Brooklyn!” a voice from downstairs yelled at me. “Hurry up. We’re going to be leaving you.” I realized it was Hermione who was saying that, rushing me. I popped my head over my bed to see my door slowly start to open. I ignored it and lowered my head. I was currently on the floor looking for Shadow. It may have sounded bad, but I think I lost him. I looked every for him but I couldn’t find him. Now I was looking under my bed, trying to find my baby kitten.

“Brooklyn, dear, they are leaving,” Mrs. Weasley softly said. I looked up to see her standing at the threshold of my door way with Shadow in her hands. “Are you looking for him dear?”

“Shadow!” I yelled pretty loudly. I stood up quickly and ran towards Mrs. Weasley. I grabbed Shadow from her hands and kissed his midnight colored nose. “I thought I lost you!”

“He was downstairs the whole time,” Mrs. Weasley said. “Was looking for some food, but don’t worry, I fed him.”

“Thank you so much, Mrs. Weasley.” I told her, eternally grateful now. “This is what happens when I oversleep.” I set Shadow on my bed and immediately he made comfort on top of my favorite feathered pillow. “You are so spoiled,” I told Shadow. I heard my door close and I knew that Mrs. Weasley had left “Stay here until I get, got it?” I knew asking questions to animals wouldn’t get me an answer. But I could have sworn I saw his head do a little nod. I shook my head, ridding me of those thoughts. He probably just moved his head at the right time. It was probably a coincidence.

Shadow meowed and I smiled a little. I gave a light kiss on his head and went out my door. I descended the stairs to see Hermione, Ron, and Harry looking slightly aggravated.

“Finally,” Hermione said, exasperated. She threw her arms up to add a dramatic effect. “What on earth have you been doing?”

I looked at the ground, playing with the hem of my shirt. “I sort of lost Shadow,” I mumbled. “But don’t worry, Mrs. Weasley had him the whole time,” I added quickly.

Hermione shook her head, Harry sighed and Ron slapped his hand to his forehead. I rolled my eyes and grabbed some floo powder from pot next to the fireplace.

“Are you ready to do this?” I asked them.

“The question is, Riddle, are you ready to do this?” Harry asked me walking closer to me. He emphasized the word ‘you’.

I scoffed in response. “Please, Potter, I was born ready,” I smirked at him.

Ron looked from me to Harry, looking bewildered. “You guys sound like we’re about to fight off You-Know-Who.”

I gave Ron a smug look and stepped into the fireplace. “Diagon Alley!” I yelled out throwing the floo powder on the ground. Almost instantly, I felt the same sensation as the one previous to this time. I was spinning at a rapid speed that I was surprised I didn’t fall when I stepped out of the fireplace. Hermione, Harry, and Ron came out one by one, in that order, and we set off. It was empty in the Leaky Cauldron today, there were barely any people. It wasn’t an unusual sight to see though. We went through the back and came across a brick wall. Hermione tapped a couple of bricks in a pattern and they came alive. They started moving to the side creating an entrance to Diagon Alley.

“Do you want to get your robes now, Brooklyn?” Hermione asked me. “Or do you want to do something else?”

“I know, I mean it isn’t everyday that we’re allowed to go to Diagon Alley, by ourselves.” Ron remarked. Harry nodded in agreement.

“I’ll go get my robes, you lot can go do what you want.” I said, starting to walk away.

“Are you sure?” Hermione called out. I just nodded my head without turning back.

The only reason why I didn’t want either of them come with me was because I wanted to buy Harry a present. Yes, I’ll admit it; I was going to do that. I knew that he wasn’t going to get me anything but that doesn’t mean I can’t get him anything. In a way I kind of owed him an apology and I thought that this was a way to show it. Madam Malkin’s came into my view as I was thinking about what to get Harry. I would buy him something after I get my robes.

I entered Madam Malkin's Robes for All Occasions and was immediately engulfed in robes of all sorts. I looked around to see Madam Malkin, I’m guessing, come towards me.

“Hello, I’m Madam Malkin, Hogwarts or Beauxbatons?” Madam Malkin asked me, grabbing a tape measure from her front pocket.

“Um, Hogwarts,” I told her. She nodded and left me standing there while I watched her head to the back of the store. The tape measure that she had in her hand was now moving on its own, measuring my waist, arms, legs, and torso; pretty much my whole body. A couple minutes later she came back with a set of robes.

“Put these one, the changing rooms are right over there.” She handed me the robes and pointed to her right where there stood 4 small rooms with curtains hanging at the front to make a door. I walked over there and closed the curtain shut. I looked at the dull, black robe in my hands. It wasn’t very appealing in my eyes. I shrugged and put the robes on over my real clothes. I came out and Madam Malkin rushed to me. She started altering the sleeves, and then the bottom of the robes. She also altered the neckline. By the time Madam Malkin was finished, my robes had loads of pins.

“Now, take those off but be very careful with the pins.” She said. I turned on my heel and went to the changing rooms. I then came out with the robes in hand, away from my body. I handed them to her as I walked by the counter. “I shall make the alterations and send them to you in about a week.”

“Thank you,” I replied and stepped out of the store. I took a deep breath as soon as I stepped outside. It felt stuffy in there and made it a bit impossible for me to breathe. I turned to my left and started walking back. I now needed to buy Harry something. I still haven’t figured out what I was going to buy. I was looking down when I felt a pair of chilling eyes staring at me. I looked up to see the familiar blonde hair and cold grey eyes. I gasped as I saw him stare right at me. He looked furious, in a way. I quickly spun around and took off the opposite direction that I came from.

I can’t believe he saw me. I mean, I’m sure he saw me. He just stared at me with his mouth agape looking shocked. That was only for a split second though. After that he looked angry and ready to kill. I gulped and ran out of the store. I could buy Harry’s birthday present later. He won’t mind if I get him a present later on.

I searched my pockets for my wand but I didn’t feel anything. I looked in my sweater’s pockets but it wasn’t in there either. Where was my wand? I tried to recollect my thoughts and think about where I had it when I remembered leaving it on my night stand. I smacked my forehead and groaned to myself. That wasn’t supposed to happen, actually, running into Malfoy wasn’t supposed to happen. I’ll just blame him. I always do anyway.

I was running for a good 5 minutes before I turned into an alley. It was dark and it reeked of dead animals and old garbage that should have been taken out weeks ago. I almost gagged at such a smell. Including that was a dead end too. I couldn’t see, it stunk, and I knew Malfoy was right behind me. I outstretched my hands so they could be act as a tool to help me navigate in the dark. I didn’t know where I was going. I didn’t know if I was walking in circles or going farther into the alley. It was pretty big. In an instant, though, the alley turned from being pitch black to white as snow. The light was coming from behind me and it didn’t sink in that it could’ve been Malfoy. I knew it was him, but my mind didn’t quite absorb that fact. I turned around, ready to tell the mystery person how thankful I was for the light, when I was slammed against the wall. That’s when I knew it was Malfoy.

My head started throbbing as I felt it collide with the brick wall in back of me. “What the fuck, Draco!” I yelled, trying to hold my head but I couldn’t because he grabbed a hold of my wrists. “What are you doing?” I groaned. My head felt as if thousands of trolls were sitting on it and my hands suddenly felt cold. Draco had stopped the circulation of my blood so that now my hands felt dead.

“What am I doing?” he asked incredulously. “What the hell are you doing, Brooklyn?” He was now yelling which made my head hurt even more.

I shrugged. “Can’t a girl take a stroll down Diagon Alley?” I looked at him and saw the he had the most horrific glare. We never got along, I’ll tell you that much, but we never looked at each other that way either.

“Why did you run away?” Draco asked pushing me tighter against the wall. My head smashed into the wall once again. “He is very angry at you!”

“Like I give a damn,” I yelled. “He could burn in hell for all I care,” I said loudly this time instead of yelling.

Draco looked as if I had just smacked him. He tightened his grip on my wrists and brought them over my head. He inched his face towards mine and I felt his breath on face. “Wait until the Dark Lord knows you’re with Potter,” he whispered dangerously.

My eyes grew wide but that was only for a second. I struggled to get out of his grasp but when I did I kicked him under the knee. He immediately let go and stumbled back a bit. “Don’t you dare tell him anything, Malfoy,” I spat. I didn’t want him to tell, and I was going to make sure he didn’t. I was about to turn away, thinking that we had finished our little quarrel when I felt his cold hands grab my upper arm. He pulled me back and pushed me to the ground. I slid and scrapped my arms on the gravel.

“You are coming with me Riddle, whether you like it or not.” He bent down and slapped me across the face. I looked at him, shocked. He had a smirk playing on his lips.

“What the bloody hell was that for?” I screamed. There was an immense amount of pain on my right cheek as I felt something warm trickle down. I was so sure it was blood.

“For all the times you humiliated me and drove me crazy. Pay back’s a bitch,” he whispered in my ear. I would have glared at him if I didn’t feel so vulnerable. My head was pounding and my cheek stung. My wrists, which were now covered in a light shade of purple, felt as if I couldn’t move them. The blood was now barley circulating through my arms and hands. I actually felt terrified of Draco Malfoy this time. Without my wand, I am powerless. With my head throbbing, I couldn’t concentrate on my powers I just found out about. I felt useless. My head started becoming heavy as I felt myself being lifted up to my feet. I swayed back and forth before I felt a hand around my waist. Draco was going to take me back to Voldemort. Oh, crap, I’m in trouble now.

I kept zoning in and out, trying to stay conscious, until I heard a voice in front of us.

“Let her go, Malfoy!” The voice sounded angry and I knew who it was. It was the same voice that yelled at me when I first got to Grimmauld Place.

“Harry,” I softly said, trying to look up. When I did, he had his wand pointed at Draco and a frown on his face.

“I said let her go, Malfoy!” Harry yelled out again. Draco scoffed and started to take his own wand out. I didn’t know if something bad was going to happen, all I knew is that Draco knew some spells that could hurt Harry really bad.

I tried to call out to him, telling him to run, but my voice was too weak. He looked at me and I saw that his eyes weren’t as bright anymore. They didn’t have that sparkle as they used to. Draco now had his wand out and was about to say something but was cut short.

“Stupefy,” Harry said, waving his wand. In an instant, red sparks came out of his wand and hit Draco squarely on his chest. He fell backwards as I fell on my hands and knees. Harry ran towards me and helped me up. “Are you okay, Brooklyn?” he asked me. I looked into his eye and saw that he was really worried about me.

I nodded. “Yeah, Harry thanks.” I told him with sincerity in my voice. “Harry?” I said.

Harry never got a chance to respond. “Brooklyn, get your arse over here, now!” Draco yelled. I whimpered a little, but not out of fear, even though I was a little frightened, but because I was in pain. Harry wrapped his hands around my waist so that I could try and stand up properly. His touch was softer than Draco’s. It was gentle. Something I would have never expected.

“Leave me alone, Draco,” I said. “I don’t want to go near you or Voldemort, at all.” I put my right arm around Harry’s shoulders so that was standing straight. I saw Draco lift his wand up again. I knew he was going to aim for me this time. His eyes landed on me and I saw no emotion, he was cold towards me now.

Harry didn’t know what was happening so I thought about a spell I could use. ‘Petrificus Totalus’ I said in my mind. I concentrated hard and in an instant he froze. He fell backwards stayed there. I sighed in relief.

“Let’s go home Brooklyn,” Harry whispered in my ear and guided me out of the alley. When he stepped out of the darkness and into the sunlight I strained to see my eyes and held my head. The sun was bright and harsh ad it wasn’t good for my head. I groaned as I became light headed. I did not want to become unconscious again. I took a deep breath and focused on anything but the pain I felt on my body.

It was a couple minutes later when I felt someone hug me tightly. I saw the brown bush of hair as I wrapped my arms around her. I started to cry, letting the fresh, salty tears land on Hermione’s shoulder. She let go of me and put an arm around my shoulder, guiding me to the Leaky Cauldron. We each stepped into the pub and noticed that it was still empty as the time we got here. Tom, the barman, was cleaning glasses and wiping down the bar. We quietly got to the fireplace but abruptly stopped when we crashed into Harry.

“We can’t go…” he said quietly, trailing off. Hermione instantly understood what he was talking about and nodded.

“We’ll go to the Burrow first,” suggested Hermione. I was quite confused and had a bunch of questions running through my mind but I didn’t say anything. Ron looked like he was confused, seeing the look on his face and all.

“What the bloody hell are you two talking about?” Ron said, rather loudly if I may add too.

Hermione and Harry shushed him earning a suspicious look from Tom. Hermione looked sheepishly towards him and then back at us. “We can’t go to you know where. People will know where we’re hiding,” Hermione quietly said.

“Hermione, if you look around you’ll see that no one is here,” Ron said gesturing to the empty pub. Hermione was about to say something when two men entered. Hermione gave Ron a look and he sighed.

He stepped in the fire place and grabbed a handful of floo powder. “The Burrow,” he yelled. He was then swallowed by green flames. He vanished soon after. Hermione then stepped in but not before handing me to Harry. I felt like some useless doll being carried off everywhere. After Hermione was gone, Harry stepped in the fireplace with me holding on to him. He too yelled the Burrow and he were also swallowed by the flames. We stumbled into what possibly was Ron’s house but they weren’t there. We stepped back into the fireplace and the next thing I knew, we were at Grimmauld Place in front of everyone. I stumbled out again but this time I made it to the floor. Since I was still attached to Harry I also brought him down with me.

“Oh, dear,” gasped Mrs. Weasley, rushing towards us. Harry, still on the ground, sat up and helped me sit up too. He put an arm on my back and I laid my head on his shoulder out of breath and energy. “Who did this to you?”

“Malfoy,” was all Harry said with resentment in his voice. “He cornered her in an alley way.”

“What were you doing in an alley?” Mr. Weasley asked, looking at me with sadness in his eyes.

I tried to speak but couldn’t. Instead, Harry was the one who spoke. “Running from Malfoy, of course.”

“Sirius, send a letter to Dumbledore and tell him to arrive straight away,” Mrs. Weasley said hurriedly. She bent down and helped me up with Harry assisting her. They led me to a couch where Ron and Hermione were currently sitting. They made room and allowed me to sit in between them. She rushed into the kitchen and came out moments later with a bottle of some sort. “Here, drink this. It’ll soothe away the pain.”

I took the bottle from her hand and drank it. It tasted very similar. I remembered exactly what it was when I drank the whole thing. I took the bottle away from my mouth and made a disgusted face. Mrs. Weasley then took out her wand and pointed to me. She said an incantation and the cut on my cheek was heeled almost instantaneously. There was still a slight bruise there but it was good enough. She then told me that the bruises I had on my wrists were going to have to heel on its own. I nodded my head appreciatively as she went through the kitchen, grabbing the bottle on her way. After she left, there was a loud pop and Dumbledore stood in the middle of the living room.

“What happened, Brooklyn?” he asked me. I looked at Harry asking him for help but without talking.

“Malfoy found out she’s hiding with us. He cornered her in an alley, attacked and almost took her to Lord Voldemort.” Harry said, all in one breath. I looked at him and silently thanked him. He nodded at me and looked at Dumbledore who was now looking at him.

“I think it is time for the two of you to go to Hogwarts,” he said, pointing to me and Harry. We both nodded but Harry spoke up.

“What about Ron and Hermione,” Harry said motioning to the both of them on the couch.

“They should stay here,” Dumbledore stated. “Plus, it could be a good time to finally get along.” He looked us through his half-moon spectacles, his blue eyes twinkling under them. I vaguely blushed but looked down, not wanting anyone to see.

“It’s settled then,” Mrs. Weasley started. “Harry and Brooklyn will be at Hogwarts by tomorrow morning.” Dumbledore nodded in agreement, said a small goodbye and apparated out of Grimmauld Place.

It was quiet for a long while and in that moment I looked up to meet Harry’s emerald shinning eyes. I quickly looked away soon after and just stared at the bottom of my shirt. Well, this is going to be a fun time.

‘You are correct.” I snapped my head up and looked around. No one had said anything and I realized that it came from my head. Dorthey had said it, but did she know what was going to happen in extended period of time?
♠ ♠ ♠
This is why I took so long to update. It's looong! D
I was going to make it longer but then it would have beenn too long and I didn't want you guys to wait forever.

So, be honest people. Do you really like this story? Or is it going downhill. I want your honest opinions.

Besides that, I just wanted to thank everyone who subscribed and commented. You guys are amazing!!!! :D

-Bianca