Status: Internet is back!

The Last Nyxen

Two

The cold air, that was whipping my brown, wavy hair, had caused me to shiver yet again. It had been a long time since I escaped from Voldemort. Probably more than 4 hours, I don’t know. I lost track of the time after an hour and a half. When I was riding my broom it felt like I was on top of the world. For me, time flies when I’m riding my Firebolt. I could see the dark skies turn into a light pinkish color and the sun slowly rising.

I was getting tired and I needed some place to stay for the night, but I couldn’t imagine anywhere. I then heard my stomach growl and I groaned. Why did it have to growl now? I thought back to today’s or I should say last night’s events and found out I hadn’t eaten anything at all.

As I descended from the sky I felt it. The feeling of knowing that I belonged. The feeling of magic. It felt as though all the pain had vanished and relief washed over me. It was a funny feeling to me. I couldn’t really explain it but sort of like a shield was protecting me.

I got off my broom and my gaze fell up a peculiar looking house. I approached the house with a bit of caution. I felt the same vibe of magic and protection only stronger. I reached the old fashioned door and just looked at it.

Would someone be stupid enough to leave a door unlocked? I thought as I tilted my head to the side. It’s worth a shot. I shrugged as I turned the old rusted door knob. To my great surprise it was unlocked and no alarm system went off. The hallway was dark and felt deserted. I had another gut feeling telling me that I should leave right away, but my stomach was telling me otherwise. Whatever happened to the feeling of being protected?

I walked further along the hall, looking at walls. They had a dark blue wallpaper with a floral yet intricate design on them, but it was hard to tell how the wallpaper looked since it was ripped and tattered like old pieces of clothing. I walked even further along hoping that the growling in my stomach wouldn’t wake or disturb the people in this house, who were sleeping. After all, by the way it looked outside; it was probably around 5:30 in the morning.

I walked through an already open door and to my stomachs great relief, it was the kitchen. I could have kissed the gods, but I was on a mission. I looked around the kitchen and saw that the walls had the same blue wallpaper with floral design on it. Only this wallpaper wasn’t ripped or tattered, it actually looked new. It looked like a regular kitchen with tile counter tops and wooden cupboards.

I started rummaging through all the cupboards finding canned fruit, canned noodles,
and a bunch of different types of sauces. It didn’t look light enough for me to carry so I went to one of the many pantries in the kitchen. How many people live here? As I opened the door I spotted all types of goodies. There was candy, nutrition bars and even more fruit. I started packing the small items into my pockets, consciously smacking myself for not bringing a back pack. I spotted the refrigerator but before I could close the pantry door, I felt the tip of a wand jab into my back between my shoulder blades. Everything that was in my hand fell to the ground as I instantly froze.

“Who are you, and how did you get in here?” asked a raged voice.

“I, well- um- I,” I stuttered. My mouth couldn’t form a single sentence. “That’s a very good question. Why don’t you ask me that when I have the answers.” I started walking away but the person dug their wand deeper into my skin.

“Answer the questions!” the person growled. Their voice startled me. It was filled with such anger and hatred that made their voice low and deep. Just like Voldemort. I knew it was a male and I silently screamed.

“I- ok.” I gave up and sighed. What was the point in fighting with him this early in the freaking morning?

I turned my body around to become face to face with a teenage boy that had jet black, unruly hair, and the most gorgeous emerald green eyes. My own eyes traveled to his forehead and under all that hair I spotted the lightning bolt shaped scar.

I gulped. Holy shit! It’s Harry Potter. Out of all the people living in this house he is the one that has to ‘capture’ me. That’s just perfect!

“Well,” I started. “My name is Brooklyn and I got in by using the front door.” I used my most obnoxious tone in my voice. I could see it had worked because Harry looked very aggravated.

“Don’t be such a smart ass! Are you a muggle?” Yep, he defiantly was aggravated. Although, I would have felt much better if his wand wasn’t pointed at the base of my throat.

“Seriously, if I was a muggle, wouldn’t you think I’d be laughing at a stupid stick,” I stated, like it was the obvious thing in the world. I pushed Harry’s wand out of my way but he just pressed it harder against my skin making me cough.

“Give me your wand,” Harry said forcefully, sticking out his hand.
I laughed. “Oh, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed.” It made me feel better when I made fun of other people so I was taunting him. I could tell by his facial expressions that he knew that.

“Shut up,” Harry growled. He glared at me and I gladly returned it. “Dumbledore!”

My glare soften and I froze for what could have been the millionth time today. If Dumbledore saw me he would know who I was and that couldn’t happen. I know I was supposed to be looking for him but I decided to try and find him later.

“I- um. Here you can have it.” My hand trembled as I threw him my wand. I was panicking and I knew he noticed.

Harry caught my wand with his left hand and smirked. “What? Are you afraid of little ol’ Dumbledore?” He gave me a baby voice.

“I- no,” I started, but it was too late. Everyone who was probably living in this house had came down stairs and crowded around the kitchen door, Including Dumbledore.

“Ah, Miss Riddle, so nice of you to finally join us,” the elderly man said, like it was no big deal.

I smacked my forehead as I heard gasps around the room. I looked up to see at least ten people with their mouth wide open. Now, to me, this sight would have been hilarious but seeing that I’m in the middle of it, well it’s not a very pretty thing to me.

“RIDDLE!” Harry screamed. He stabbed his wand harder into my skin. “That’s it! Stup-”

“Don’t even think about it scar boy,” I snarled as I waved my hand in the air. All of a sudden Harry was off the ground and zooming towards a curtain in the hall. He smacked the wall and landed with a thud. The curtain opened and started yelling incoherent sayings. I only heard it say something like ‘Filthy mud bloods and blood traitors’ but I wasn’t paying attention to that.

I looked wide-eyed down at my hand. I started shaking it like it was on fire but that’s when I saw Harry start shaking and rolling violently. Every head turned towards him and I heard people scream, including me. I was filled with shock as I just stared at my hand. It looked the same but I never had done that in my life.

“I- I- I better go.” I started running towards the door hoping they would forget about me, and go check that Harry could walk perfectly. But hope and I just don’t mix. I was abruptly pulled back by my arms by a two men. One had long dark hair and a man with scars on his face. He looked awfully tired and about ready to drop dead.

“Let me go!” I yelled, struggling to get out of their arms. It was no use so I started kicking. The man with the long dark hair knew what I was planning so he grabbed my legs before I could even kick.

“Everybody, back to bed now,” Dumbledore ordered. I didn’t think they were going to listen to him but to my great surprise they all went back upstairs. I saw Harry get up off the floor and followed them. “Except you, Harry.”

I scoffed. Why did he have to stay? He already caused enough trouble for me today. The two men let go of my arms and legs but the man with long dark hair came up to me and grabbed my arms again. I glared at him. I was starting not to like him. Harry came back down stairs and I could see that he was trying to avoid me. Dumbledore and Harry went through a door that was leading out of the kitchen. The man picked me up and threw me over his shoulder.

“Whoa, put me down Shrek.” I was hitting his back but he wouldn’t budge. “I can walk you know.” Either I said it very low or he was just ignoring me. I scoffed again as he set me on a chair next to Harry. I crossed my arms over my chest and we glared at each other. I didn’t know what else to do so I just stuck my tongue out at him.

“Real mature,” he said giving me attitude.

I didn’t feel like listening to him so I turned my head to the other side facing the wall. He was right, I wasn’t being mature but I didn’t care. I didn’t even want to be here!

Dumbledore looked at us through his half moon spectacles and sighed shaking his head. “Harry, I would like you to meet Brooklyn Marie Riddle.”
♠ ♠ ♠
hmm, 16 readers, 10 comments, and 6 subscribers. Not bad, not bad at all for posting something up my first time here.
I really apreciate it, you guys. It means alot to me. I love you guys!
:]]
I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

<3 Bianca Nadine