Status: Internet is back!

The Last Nyxen

Three

“Brooklyn, this is Harry Potter,” Dumbledore said pointing to Harry. I didn’t know what this old man was doing but I didn’t like it. Why was he trying to introduce us? I mean we’re just going to keep on fighting. I mean hello? Do mortal enemies not mean a thing these days anymore?

Harry interrupted me from my thoughts. “Not glad to meet you,” he said giving me that attitude again.

“Like it’s a pleasure meeting you,” I retorted back, giving him a sarcastic smile.

Harry gave me a deathly glare and I gladly returned it, completely forgetting and ignoring the two adults. Suddenly, something happened that I never guessed would happen. My heart fluttered. I wanted to drop my glare and just ask for forgiveness from him. My heart was pounding in my chest and I was pretty sure everybody in the room could hear it. This was a time where I should be panicking but I couldn’t. I just felt loved? I still held my glare though, but I was finding hard to do so. I didn’t want to back down. I looked into Harry’s eyes and surprisingly he felt the same way. I knew he felt it too since I could always tell people’s feelings ever since I turned twelve.

What the hell is happening to me? Why the heck am I feeling like this, and towards Potter of all people? I was just plain confused. Harry still held his glare and so did I. I wasn’t going to give up easily just because I felt something in my heart. My glare was torn away from Harry’s when I heard a cough. I looked ahead and saw that Dumbledore was still there. I turned to the side and also saw the man was still there.

My cheeks flushed a little but no one saw. I seriously hope they didn’t see anything,’ I thought as I stared at Dumbledore again. He didn’t look any different so I took that as a good sign.

“Brooklyn, this is Sirius Black,” Dumbledore said pointing at the man who was against a wall beside me.

“Hi,” I said with no emotion what so ever, not even looking at him.

He didn’t acknowledge me or even do anything. I turned to him to see that he wasn’t even looking at me. I scoffed. That just made me hate him even more.

“Now, Miss Riddled,” Dumbledore started but I interrupted him.

“Don’t call me that,” I said in a dangerous whisper.

“Oh and why is that? He is your daddy isn’t he?” Harry said mocking me.

“Shut up,” I growled, suddenly forgetting all the feeling in my body I felt toward him. Instead, I now felt anger.

“Harry,” I heard Sirius say warningly. Oh, so now he chooses to speak? So rude.

“Now, Brooklyn, tell me how you found this house. Also tell me why you chose this one, out of all the other houses in this neighborhood.” Dumbledore finally finished.

“Well, it isn’t that hard to find a house. I mean they are big,” I retorted. Being sarcastic was a habit of mine. I just had to do it, to try and liven up the mood in the room. I was about to continue with Dumbledore’s question when Harry so kindly interrupted me.

“I thought I told you don’t be a smartass.” He turned to face me and I could see him glare at me yet again.

“I never said I was going to listen to you.” I also turned to face him but I didn’t return the glare. I just gave him an attitude. Ugh, I really hate him I wonder why I felt those feelings? I’m probably just sick. I turned back to Dumbledore now ignoring Harry.

“This might sound weird but,” I started, continuing with Dumbledore’s question. “It was like I could feel the presence of magic; it was like a shield of magic.” I decided not to mention that I felt protected and wanted because obviously, right now, I felt neither.

I could feel both Harry’s and Sirius’s stare burn a hole through me. They thought I was crazy and I kind of felt that way too. I kept staring at Dumbledore and he nodded. It looked like he understood me and I was relieved.

“Now let me ask you this. Why did you run away from Voldemort?”

“Probably so she can kill me herself,” Harry remarked. He has been interrupting me so many timed, it’s been getting on my last nerve.

I angrily sighed, rubbing my temples. If I did, I would have killed you by now! I was about to say that but I chose to ignore him and that comment he made. “I hated it there. I couldn’t stand Voldemort killing innocent people for no reason,” I paused, thinking if I should go or not. “He was torturing me,” I whispered, letting a few tears fall from my eyes. I tried to quickly wipe them away so they wouldn’t see, but they did.

Dumbledore’s eyes held sympathy, Sirius looked saddened and Harry had a mixture of both sympathy and sadness but it left as quickly as it came. Fine, I don’t need your stupid sympathy!

“What made you run away this time?”

“Well he would threaten to kill if I ever did, and last night he actually used the Cruciatus Curse on me.” My tears started flowing freely and I didn’t bother to wipe them away. I was now staring at my hands too afraid to look anyone in the eye. “He never did that before, and I got so scared.”

“Why did he use the Cruciatus Cures on you, Brooklyn?” I could hear the sincerity in Dumbledore’s voice and I was actually grateful for that.

“Because, because.” I closed my eyes trying to remember but there was a gap in my mind. “I don’t know. I can’t remember. All I do remember is walking to my room after doing all my chores the flying out the window” I was getting scared. “Why can’t I remember anything?!?”

Harry and Sirius looked startled at my sudden outburst. I was standing up from my chair and breathing hard. Dumbledore looked to be in deep thought as he rubbed his chin.

“Maybe, it’s because the cruciatus curse was so powerful that it made you lose some of your memory,” he said thoughtfully.

I was looking at him like he was crazy. “If the curse was so powerful then why aren’t I dead yet? Or better yet how come I’m not crazy like how Bellatrix Lestrange did to that couple?”

“How do you know about that?” Harry shouted also standing up.

“Dude! I lived in Voldemort’s house for sixteen years. I hear things all the time,” I snapped.

Harry stepped back. It felt and probably looked like I was going to explode, even though I already did. I never liked people asking me a lot of questions and tonight crossed the line.

“Sirius, would you mind contacting the order and letting them know there will be a meeting tomorrow,” Dumbledore asked, turning towards him.

“Sure thing,” He replied and left the kitchen rather quickly.

I sat down in my seat and slid down very low trying to hide my face. I felt very embarrassed. How could I yell at Dumbledore like that? I also decided to blame it on Harry though. I mean he kept interrupting me and being annoying.

It’s alright Brooklyn,” Dumbledore said, reassuringly. “Everything will be alright. I promise.”

I just shook my head. “No, no, no. I am going to die. He’s going to kill me. Why would he kill his only daughter? Because I’m not his daughter. I know it. I just do. I think,” I whispered very low so neither Dumbledore nor Harry could hear.

Sadly, Harry did hear and he just had to make another smart remark. “Well that’s pretty hard to believe.”

I was done with him. I was finished. I looked at him to see him still standing up. He saw the tears in my eyes and this time, actually looked guilty. I was about to say something but Sirius came into the kitchen.

“Ok Brooklyn. We shall probably continue this meeting later on in the week. Sirius, would you show Brooklyn to her room?”

Sirius nodded as Harry bolted out of the kitchen. Dumbledore and Sirius both looked confused but I merely sighed. What was up with everyone leaving so quickly? I stood up and followed Sirius as he left the kitchen. It was quiet all the way upstairs and I didn’t like it but I also didn’t want to be the first one to start up a conversation. It wasn’t quiet for long. I could hear Harry talking about me, whispering yet I heard him. He really didn’t want me here, he wanted me gone for good. I glared at the wall thinking about ways how I could torture him. I didn’t know how long I was staring at the thing until I heard Sirius clear his throat. I looked at him as saw that he was already standing by a door. When Sirius opened the door to my room, I saw that it was ordinary. It had a four poster bed, a dresser and moth eaten drapes.

“Goodnight Brooklyn,” Sirius said shutting the door. That was the first thing he said to me today. I was shocked.

I gradually got over my shock and said, “G’ night,” to no one in particular. I didn’t waste time to get in bed. I was dead tired and when my head hit the soft pillow I fell in a dreamless sleep for the first time in years.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, there you go. I got the third chapter out. I'mm so proud of myself. Haha.

I hope you enjoyed this part. Comment if you did. If you didn't then still comment.
:]]

<3 Bianca Nadine