Status: Internet is back!

The Last Nyxen

Six

Everything was dark and blurred. My eyes tried adjusting to the new surroundings but I just kept seeing haziness. I could feel a cool breeze run down my arms and my spine. It gave me chills that didn’t feel right. I looked around and that’s when I noticed I wasn’t in the bathroom anymore. I was outside now. There wasn’t anyone around. The sun had just set and it gave off this frightening aura. I was surrounded by many trees and very little streets. I could have been in the woods for all I knew. In the distance, I could hardly make out a house. This house looked out from where I was standing. It was two stories and had smoke coming out of the chimney.

I started walking closer, thinking that my sight would get better, but it never did. I was at the front door but there was still blurriness to what I was seeing. The door was made out of wood and it looked old fashioned. This whole house actually looked liked a mini Victorian house that dated back to the 1800’s. I wondered what a house, surrounded by a forest, was doing out here all by itself. Was there anybody inside?

Again, curiosity got the best of me and I tried turning the door knob. To my great surprise, the door was unlocked. I slowly inched the door open hoping not to make any sound. Once I got in there, I felt alone yet complete. The house gave me a sudden rush but it also felt like I shouldn’t be here. I shrugged it off and started looking around. The inside of the house was somewhat different than the outside. The inside was designed to have that vintage feel to it. Everything seemed like it actually was from the 1800’s yet suitable for this house.

I stopped gawking at the house and decided to look upstairs. The staircase was spiral and looked like it was made out of maple wood. I didn’t really know if everything looked the way I thought it did. Everything was still indistinct and hazy. I started climbing the steps one by one, careful not to make any sudden noise. I finally made it to the top where I saw a light shining brightly at the other end of the hallway. The walls in the hallway were covered with pictures but I barely paid any attention to them. My goal was to find out who was in here. It was a stupid goal but I really wanted to know who.

I was in front of the door I heard a voice. I strained my ears and hunched over a bit so I could hear what that person was saying but that wasn’t a very good idea. I lost my balance and went crashing through the door. My faces landed first, on the soft carpet. I shot up from the ground. No one seemed to notice anything at all. I turned around to see that the door hadn’t moved an inch. My body just went through a door. Was I invisible? If I was then how could I have came through the front like a normal person? I was confused but I didn’t ask myself anymore questions. Instead, I looked around the room to see a baby girl’s room.

The walls were covered with a light blue paint on the top portion and light purple on the bottom. It was divided by a single white line going across all four walls. There was a white crib with a white changing table and next to that there was a dresser. It looked more modern than anything else in this house. At the corner of the room, where all the toys and books were, there was a wooden rocking chair. The chair had small intricate design starting from the top and ending it on both of the chair’s arm.

There were two people sitting on the rocking chair. It was woman and baby. The baby was sitting on the woman’s lap while she read her a story. The woman then closed the book and placed it on the floor. She picked up the baby and stood up “C’mon Brooklyn, time to go to sleep.”

I was astonished when she said that. She said my name, well she said the baby’s name but that’s my name too. But there could be more than one person named Brooklyn. I was confused and shocked and I just wanted to go home. I couldn’t see their face since it was still hazy but I wanted to know who they were. Could that girl be me? Could she actually be my mom? Did this mean I had a mom? All these questions were just questions. I couldn’t figure out any of the answers.

The woman placed baby Brooklyn inside the crib and started rubbing her back soothingly. “Go to sleep Brooklyn.” She said in a hushed voice. Baby Brooklyn made a small noise from her mouth and then fell asleep. The woman sighed and leaned against the crib’s bars. She seemed so weak and vulnerable. I was about to walk towards her but there was a loud explosion coming from outside the room. My head quickly turned towards the door to see what it was but I saw nothing. The woman was also starring at the door. The weakness and vulnerability were gone from her face instantaneous and was replaced with courage and determination. I didn’t know what was happening. Everything was quite. There were no movements coming from the outside anymore. The wind stopped howling and the trees stopped rustling.

I was caught off guard when I heard the door to baby Brooklyn’s room being torn down from the hinges. I looked at the woman to see how she reacted but she still kept on a straight face. I looked back at the door to see Voldemort. My eyes practically fell out of my sockets. He was here, in this room right now. Could he see me? My question was answered because he walked right past me.

“Voldemort, what do you want?” I heard the woman harshly say. It looked like she was glaring at him but it didn’t have an effect on him.

“My, my, my, how rude you are to your guest,” he said tauntingly. He had his wand in his right and he started sliding his finger across it as if he was debating something.

“What do you want?” The woman said, yet again. He voice seemed to be getting louder as she was becoming angrier.

“Give me your baby!” Voldemort shouted. He had a hand outstretched like she was actually going to give up her baby.

“Never,” the woman shrieked. She grabbed Brooklyn and hugged her tight against her chest. Baby Brooklyn started crying and a nearby lamp exploded.

Everything started going slow motion for me after that. I still couldn’t believe what was happening. Voldemort’s hand rose and a green light emitted from it towards the woman’s back. “No!” I screamed loudly. The baby fell back in the crib as the woman fell to the floor.

Voldemort smirked as he took long strides to get to Brooklyn. He picked her up but a man came into the room. “Leave my daughter alone!” I couldn’t see his face anymore. I couldn’t even see Voldemort’s face. Everything was slowly fading away. Voldemort said something but their voices became quite distant too. That’s when everything started to shake violently. I tried running away but I didn’t know where. I fell on the ground because the shaking was just too much. I then felt dizzy again. This time it felt worse. I didn’t bother to fight it since it was too strong for me. I let myself fall in unconsciousness for the second time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the long wait :[
I feel horrible for letting you guys wait that long.
I hope you aren't mad. Was this worth it? I hope you enjoyed it

<3Bianca Nadine