Status: Internet is back!

The Last Nyxen

Seven

I quickly sat up to see that I was in my room and a bunch of faces looking at me. That was a bad idea because as soon as I got up and sharp pain was produced on my side. “Ow!” I yelled out in pain.

“Oh dear, you gave us quite a fright. Here take this, you’ll feel much better,” said Mrs. Weasley as she quickly handed you a vile with a bubbly green liquid.

I looked at it, skeptical at first, but drank it none the less. It wasn’t until the liquid was down my throat, did I start to taste the bitterness. I wanted to spit it out but it was already in my stomach. “What is that?” I asked loudly, trying to get the taste out of my poor little mouth.

“It’s a potion to help ease the pain,” Hermione said. She was the only one that was sitting on my bed. The rest, which was about everyone else, were standing looking out of place and a little awkward. Right when she said that, my side starting feeling better. The potion was actually soothing the area where all the pain was.

“Everyone out,” Mrs. Weasley said. “She needs to rest up.” She rushed everyone out of there without letting them say anything. Harry was behind everyone else walking slowly towards the door. I thought he was going to leave but instead he closed the door and walked back towards me. I kept my eyes on him the whole time because I didn’t know what he was going to do.

“Hi, Brooklyn,” Harry said quietly. He was at the foot of my bed and looking at me.

“Harry,” I nodded. That’s all I did to him. It was like I was barely acknowledging him. He got me angry and I was still mad at him. He should have accepted my apology before. It would have made our lives so much easier.

“Look, Brooklyn,” Harry started. “I am sorry. You were right about everything. I should stop blaming everyone but the person who did it.”

“Okay, Harry-” I tried to say something but he didn’t let me finish. Instead he continued to ramble on.

“I was stupid and foolish and just a total git,” Harry said. “I am so sorry, can you ever forgive me?”

I thought about it for a moment. It wouldn’t be so bad forgiving him but I was still mad at him. He hurt me, even though it wasn’t bad. I sighed. “Harry, I would love to forget everything and forgive you but I can’t. At least not right away.” I told him. “It’s going to take me awhile but at least we could stop fighting and yelling at each other.”

Harry looked at me and nodded. “Yeah, I agree. So, from here on out we aren’t enemies?”

“Maybe, maybe not,” I smirked.

Harry laughed and walked closer to me. “Well, let’s at least start over.” I nodded my head and stuck out my hand like he did also. “I’m Harry Potter.”

“I’m Brooklyn Riddle.” I cringed when I said my last name. I didn’t like that name at all. I couldn’t do anything about it though so I just shook his hand

“Riddle, eh?” Harry mocked as he let go of my hand. I glared at him but it wasn’t a hateful glare, it was more of a playful, you better shut up, glares. I don’t think that made any sense at all. “Oh, shut it Potter.”

“Not very friendly, are we.” This time it was Harry’s turn to smirk. I rolled my eyes thinking that it reminded me of Draco Malfoy.

“Potter, please don’t do that. You look like Draco when you do,” I said. His smirk immediately fell and I tried to hold my laughter in. Harry’s face was priceless as he glared at me.

“That was so not funny, Riddle,” He said, glaring at me. It wasn’t a hateful glare but it also wasn’t a playful one. It was just a glare or a frown. I started laughing after that.

“Then why am I laughing?” I asked, trying to regain my breath and control my laughter that was slowly dying down now.

“Whatever Riddle,” Harry said becoming his moody self now. That boy is seriously bi polar, I thought.

“Aw, is wittle Harry Potter okay?” I asked, pinching his cheek while making a baby voice.

Harry was the one laughing now. I stopped pinching his cheek and looked at him like he had three heads.

“You sounded funny,” was all he said. I gaped at him and rolled my eyes yet again.
After he stopped laughing, which was about 5 minutes later, everything was quite. “I guess I should let you sleep.”

“Yeah, sure,” I replied to him looking at the covers on my bed.

“See you later Riddle,” Harry said, getting up from the bed and walking to the door.

“Bye Potter,” I said laying back down on my bed. I heard his footsteps slowly fade away and the door to my room open and then close. I sighed as my head rested against the soft fabric of the pillow. There was nothing to do and I certainly didn’t want to sleep. I think I’ve slept enough. The room was dark and the only light that existed was the full moon’s light coming from the outside of my window.

I walked towards the window sill, mesmerized by the radiance of the bright and round moon. It wasn’t until I was at my window did I feel a presence of someone else in the room. I turned around, expecting to see Hermione, or maybe even Harry, but no one was there. I turned back around to see the moon when I my mind sting. I shook my head but it still felt that someone was there, or inside my head.

“Hello?” I quietly said. I wasn’t so sure if someone was in the room so I just said anything.

“No need to be afraid darling, it’s just me,” A voice in the back of my head told me. Astonishment was written all over my face but I realized that it was Dorthey. I let out a huge sigh and calmed down. I never realized how tense I had gotten.

“Hello Dorthey,” I said to her, technically I thought it. Well, at least I thought I thought it. I wasn’t too sure if I was talking aloud or in my head. “What brings you here, in my head?”

I heard her snicker. “Just strolling around the park, bouncing from one place to another.”

I didn’t hear the sarcasm in her voice. “Wait, so you are an actual person, who’s alive and what not?”

Dorthey sighed. “No, I have been dead for many years now.” The sadness in her voice was evident now. I had a feeling it had something to do with the way she died. I wanted to ask her but I wasn’t sure if it was the right thing to do. Would I be crossing the line if I did ask it? “It does not matter how I died, the only thing that does matter is it doesn’t happen to you.”

My heart stopped beating, or at least it felt that way. Everything around the room suddenly disappeared as my breathing became shallow. “I, uh- what?” I exclaimed.

“Oh, dear,” Dorthey gasped. “I’ve said too much. I have to go now.” Dorthey said, rushed.

“No, wait,” I told her. “Please, tell me what’s going to happen, or might happen.” I was
begging her now. Was I seriously going to die? “When am I…” I couldn’t finish that sentence. Just thought of it made me shudder.

“I have to go; I can not tell you a thing. I am so sorry Brooklyn.” Her voice was echoing and before I could even say anything, she was gone. My head felt lighter now and I knew she wasn’t any where in there. I sat there dumbfounded soaking in what had just been said to me. Was that really going to happen to me, and if it was, was it going to happen soon?

*****************************

“Guess what came in the mail for all you lot,” Mrs. Weasley said, early the next morning during breakfast. Everyone was still half asleep as they sat around the dining room table, eating the delicious food Mrs. Weasley cooked for us. I, on the other hand, was wide awake yet I wasn’t fully aware of what was going on. I didn’t sleep a wink last night but I didn’t feel at all tired. The tiny piece of information last night kept swimming around my head. It was now branded in my mind whether I liked it or not. I felt a jab at my side pulling me away from my train of thought. I looked up to see Harry looking at me strangely.

“Riddle, are you ok?” he asked me with bewilderment clearly in his voice.

I sighed and put on a fake smile. “Never better, Potter.” I looked down at my food and immediately lost my appetite. I was okay, but I just needed more answers to my question. I zoned out until I heard Mrs. Weasley say, “Diagon Alley to get your supplies.” I looked all around me to see everyone getting up and leaving the dining room. “What, what’s going on?”

“And, here’s your letter dear.” Mrs. Weasley came up to me and handed me a letter. It was an old fashioned letter made up of a yellowish parchment. It was addressed to me in green ink that sparkled when you held up to the light.

Brooklyn Riddle
2nd Floor Bedroom
12 Grimmauld Place
London


On the back of the letter was a wax seal with a lion, a serpent, a badger, and an eagle all around an H. I instantly knew it was my Hogwarts letter. I was so happy that I had gotten it. I opened it and read what was on the paper.

Dear Miss Riddle,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please fine enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.

Term begins on September 1. We await your owl by no later than July 31.

Yours sincerely,
Minerva McGonagall

Minerva McGonagall,
Deputy Headmistress


I got into Hogwarts! I was actually going to Hogwarts now.

“Now, go upstairs and get ready. We’re going to be leaving soon.” Mrs. Weasley said, ushering me upstairs. I completely forgot she was standing next to me. I nodded and smiled, running up the stairs. This time my I had on a real smile, not a fake one. I was just so overjoyed that I couldn’t remember what I was frowning about any more.

Once I got into my room I thought about what to wear. I really didn’t care how I looked today. I just wanted to go to Diagon Alley already. I’ve only been there once but that was a long time ago and it was with Lucius and Draco Malfoy. It was the only time I went but I had a terrible time. I mean, being with a 7 year old Draco was just horrible. That was the day I got my wand. I didn’t know why I got it so young though. But I never asked any questions either. I sighed as I thought of them being there. I wondered if they would tell Voldemort who I was with. Would they tell him at all? I’m sure of it. I thought about a pair of jeans and my favorite blue and black striped, long sleeved shirt. They were by my side in a matter of seconds. I smiled to myself as I changed into the clothes I picked. I put my shoes and thought for another minute.

Would I see them there? My gut was telling me to take precautions, just in case. I shrugged and agreed with it. I grabbed a black, hooded sweater and left my room. I descended the stairs and saw everybody was already in the living. Wow, they are fast.

“Is everyone ready?” I heard Mr. Weasley say. Everyone replied with a yes, pr just nodded. “Okay, Fred, George, you go first.” He beckoned them to go to the fireplace. It looked like we were going to be going by floo powder. The twins nodded and stood up.

Fred went in first and yelled out, “Diagon Alley!” George went next and yelled out the same thing. Then it was Ginny, Hermione, Mrs. Weasley, Ron, and then Mr. Weasley. I was a bit nervous. I never actually traveled by floo powder.

“Potter,” I called out to him. “Are you going to go?” I looked back and saw him talking to Sirius, the man who always seemed to carry me places. I saw him look at me and nod. I sighed. Harry and Sirius looked like they were talking about something important seeing as they used hushed voices. “Well, are you coming?”

“You go first, I’ll be right there.” He turned to Sirius and started talking again. I huffed and grabbed a handful of floo powder. I stepped in the fireplace and said, “Diagon Alley.” I closed my eyes and I was rapidly spinning at an alarming speed. I thought I was going to vomit or fall on my butt. I opened my eyes and saw that I was in some sort of pub. It was dark and there were barley letting any light in. I remembered this as The Leaky Cauldron. It gave me the chills the last time I was here. I stepped out of the fireplace and looked around. There was no one in sight, except for the people currently eating.

“Brooklyn!” I heard my name being yelled. I turned to my left side to see Hermione waving me over. She was standing by the door that led to the outside.

“Oh, I thought I lost you,” I said once I got near her. We stepped outside and I saw all kinds of shops everywhere I turned. The Weasley’s, excluding Ron, were already on their way to Flourish and Blotts.

“Where’s Harry?” Ron asked me.

“Oh, he’s-“

“Right here,” said Harry coming from behind us. He stood next to Ron. “I was with Snuffles.”

I tilted my head to the side and looked at Harry. “Snuffles?” I questioned him. He seemed to think for a moment before answering me.

“It’s a nickname for him since…” Harry’s voice trailed off. I nodded my head telling him I understood what he meant. Sirius had escaped from Azkaban and people were still looking for him.

“Where shall we go now?” Hermione asked to all three of us.

“Well, I saw Mr. Weasley go towards Flourish and Blotts,” I told them pointing towards the direction of the book store. Hermione nodded her head and started walking. I ran to catch up to her seeing as how she was half way there. Ron and Harry were also following behind us but rather far. I entered and was astounded at all the books there were. It was rows and rows of books stacked from floor to ceiling. “These are a lot of books.”

I was still admiring the store when Mrs. Weasley came towards us. “Brooklyn, since this is your first time here, I want you to explore the place.” She handed me a pouch filled with money. “This is yours. I already took the liberty to grab some money for you.” I opened the pouch to see an abundant amount of Galleons, Sickles, and Knuts.

“Whose money is it?” I asked her looking at the bag.

“It’s yours, of course. I got it from your vault at Gringotts.” She replied. “Now go ahead, but be careful. Take Ron, Hermione and Harry with you.” She said and walked deeper into Flourish and Blotts. I started looking around the shop once again, so enthralled by it when I spotted the familiar blond head. My heart starting beating faster than it was a couple of seconds ago. Was it him?

“Oh, great,” Ron groaned. My question was answered after that. “Malfoy is coming towards us.” I saw Harry stiffen up and glare when he saw him. He was coming closer and I had to think fast.

“I’ll be right back,” I said hurriedly as I put the black sweater on. I put the hood on so it was over my face and said, “Don’t come with me.” I rushed out of the store before Draco saw that I was here. I sighed in relief as I continued walking down the street looking around. I didn’t know what was going to happen if he did see me here. I didn’t have clue how long I was walking for. I looked around to see even more shops filled with bright items and enchanted things. I saw a pet shop just down the street and decided to go see all the animals. I’ve always loved animals, I just never had one.

Upon entering the store, I felt an enormous wave of tranquility and calmness surround me. I saw owls, cats, toads, and a bunch of other magical animals that I didn’t know the names to, all in cages. I was looking around until I spotted a kitten all alone in a cage, facing the wall. It was peculiar because every other cat was with a companion. I walked up to the cage and looked at it. It seemed to feel my presence because then it was walking towards me on all fours. It gave a little ‘meow’ and sat down now looking me.

“Welcome, my dear. How may I help you?” A lady from behind me asked. I glanced at her and saw that she was a middle-aged woman. She had dark brown, frizzy hair that went to her mid back with the darkest color eyes. They almost looked black. She was wearing brightly colored robes and a bandana on her head.

“Um, yes, how old is this kitten?” I asked her, turning my attention back to the kitten, which looked at me with his bright green eyes. His eyes were indeed green but were also blue around the iris. His fur was a midnight black making him look beautiful.

“He is about to turn one month in a week or so,” the witch said. “That is a very unique kitten. He never seems interested in strangers. It’s like he’s the one choosing his owner. And I think this kitten has picked you.”

Once I set my eyes on him, I immediately fell in love with him. He was just too cute for words. “How much is he?” I asked the witch right away.

“Three Galleons, five Sickles, and eight Knuts.” The lady told me. I got the pouch of money out from my sweaters’ pocket and grabbed the money. I handed her the money and grabbed the kitten from the cage. As I held him in my hands, he was sniffing my sweater and face. He licked my nose making me giggle. “Do you need a cage?”

“Um, no thank you, just him.” I said, showing her the kitten in my hands. She nodded her head and disappeared through the back door. I shrugged for no reason and walked out of the shop. I stared at my surroundings and decided to go back. I think it was safe now but just to be a bit safer I put my up. It took me ten minutes to get back where everyone was. I saw Harry, Hermione, and Ron sitting on a bench next to an ice cream shop.

I walked up to them and put my hood down. “Hey guys,” I said rather cheerfully. They jumped up and started swarming me with questions.

“Where were you?” Harry asked.

“Why did you do that?” Hermione asked.

“My mum almost found out you were gone!” exclaimed Ron.

“Whoa, there are too many questions. I’ll talk about it later but look what I bought.” I lifted my hands up to show them my new kitten.

“Aw, he is so adorable,” Hermione cooed. “Where did you get it?” She looked up at
me. I just shrugged.

“I’m not entirely sure what it’s called. I was just looking around and found it.”

“His eyes almost look like Harry’s,” Ron said taking a closer look at your kitten. I looked at him weirdly and then at my kitten. I looked at his eyes and then at Harry’s.

“It looks like Ron is right Potter. My kitten and you have a lot in common now.” I
laughed.

Harry smiled. “Oh, Riddle, now you’ll never stop thinking about me.”

“Who said I even thought about you?” I told him.

“What are you going to name it?” Hermione asked, now petting my kitten between his ears. He looked afraid for some reason. He was really a shy kitten then.

“I’m not sure, Shadow maybe?” I told her. I wasn’t too sure about the name. I just knew I had to get him badly.

“That’s a nice name. Shadow it is,” said Hermione, who was now looking at her watch. “It’s almost time to go everyone.”

At that exact moment Mrs. Weasley appeared. “It’s time to go. Oh, Brooklyn, where on earth did you go?”

“Just here and there, and I bought him too,” I showed her Shadow and she smiled.

“Well, he’s lovely. Did you have a good time?” Mrs. Weasley asked me. I nodded my head started walking back to the Leaky Cauldron. It was a good day. I’m glad I came and stayed away from Malfoy. It was the best day I’ve ever had all thanks to Shadow.
♠ ♠ ♠
My longest chapter yet =D
Eight pages!!!! But it's only a filler chapter...i think. lol.
Thank you so much for all the positive feedback! The part would have come out sooner but I was on major writer's block and I didn't want to leavee you with a short chapter.

Harry seems kind of OOC, doesn't he? I am not sure but I think he will be like that. I am sorry to anyone who wouldn't want him to be that way.

But I do you hope you enjoyed the chapter :]

<3 Bianca Nadine