The Happiness I'm Fakin'

Chapter Ten

Image

"You think he'll be okay?" I asked Bam as I carried Trouble into his room.

" The vet said that he'd feel better in a week. " Bam explained as I sat down on his mattress with Trouble in my arms.

"I hope so." I whispered stroking Trouble's soft fur on his little head.

Bam took a seat next to me and put his palm on Trouble's head and pet him to. I smiled as the cat opened his eyes bright eyes. I handed him over to Bam as he took him willingly.

"Hey. . ." He spoke softly to his little injured friend. "You feeling okay?" He asked the cat as if it were really going to reply.

I looked deep into Trouble's eyes and then it clicked. "Oh my God!" I yelped jumping off of the bed.

"What?" Bam asked a bit startled.

I grabbed his cell phone which was on the desk that Trouble had fallen off earlier and flipped it open to see the time. "Shit!"

Bam grabbed my hand. "Pebbles! What's? Wrong?" He asked slower.

"I was supposed to be in at work already." I gave him a worried look.

"So? Go in late." He suggested.

"Bam. . ." I gave him pleading eyes.

He put Trouble down on the mattress in a comfy spot and got up to face me. "Look, just tell Becky you had an emergency."

I sighed. "You're right. . .I just. Fuck! I can't believe I forgot. . ." I frowned and turned around to leave but a string on my sweat pants got caught on one of Bam's bracelets, as he tried to bring his hand up to his head I was jerked back into his chest. "Uh!" Muttered at the sudden pull.

Bam, himself, was surprised by what happened and be both giggled at the each other. I rested my hands on his chest and laid my head there as we laughed together. "Seems to me like you don't wanna leave." He said detaching the damned string from his wrist and bringing his hands to my lower back. I felt myself start to blush as I picked my head back up to come face to face with him.

It became silent as he tried to make direct eye contact like we did last night. I felt my face get warmer and warmer so I looked away and said the first thing that can to mind. "Well. . .who wants to go to work?" I breathed a laugh.

"Hmmm. . ." He hummed.

"Humm, what?" I asked dropping my hands from his chest and bringing them to my sides.

"N-Nothing, never mind." He brushed off his previous thought.

"Tell me. " I gave him that look.

He knew he couldn't change the topic now that I'd given him the look. "You're not mad at me are you?" He asked unsure.

I figure he's talking about the kiss yesterday. "No . . ." I shook my head.

"Really?" He asked scratching his head.

"Yeah."

"You are?" He pulled his hand back down to his side.

"N-no" I giggled. "I'm not Bam. Mistakes happen."
'Please say it wasn't a mistake!' I thought in my head.

He frowned slightly. "Yeah. . .mistakes."

So he confirmed it? I tried not to look disappointed but I don't think I can for long so I gave him a slight wave and walked out.

A few minuets later, without a shower due to the amount of time I had, I was ready to head back to work. I jogged downstairs in a bit of a hurry but when I got down to the last step, I realized that I forgot my camera in my room. I sighed and ran back up. When I got back to my room I had to try to remember where I left the darned thing.

"Drawer. . .?" I mumbled to myself. I reached for the handle, pulled it towards myself and peaked in and with no luck my camera wasn't there. "No." I sighed.
I twirled myself around and saw a huge pile of clothes by my window. I thought for a second. "Are you in there?" I asked. I bent down and cleared the floor and found my beloved camera as I left it in it's case beneath all the dirt laundry. I smiled as I picked it up and examined it. Before I could open the case my phone vibrated in my pocket. I reached in and picked it out. As soon as I flipped it open and put it to my ear I heard my boss go off.

"Where the hell are you!? Are you okay? I've been trying to get ahold of you since 9 this morning!" Becky, my boss, yelled into my ear.

"Hey, I'm so-so-so sorry. Really, it's just that my cat got into a little accident this morning and I had to take him to the vet and I totally forgot that today was my day back that's why-" I stopped as I glanced out my window and saw Jessica in Bam's arms by the ramps. I felt my face get heated a bit. I almost felt like I was going to explode or something, but then I remembered that the kiss that Bam and I shared was only an accident, . . . right? I frowned as she leaned over and kissed him.

"That's why you what?" Becky asked on the phone sounding very annoyed.

"Huh? Oh sorry." I turned away from the window. "I'm on my way, kay. And I'll even stay later. I'll close up if you want." I said trying to keep myself as busy as possible.

After I ended the phone call I ran downstairs and found Novak sitting by the island in the kitchen with his head in his hands.

"Hey. . ."

"Hmm Where're you goin?" He asked.

"Work. See you later." I waved at him.

"Wait!"

I turned around. "What?"

"You're gonna leave me alone with them?" He frowned.

I sighed at him. "Just stay outta their way."

He laughed "Are you kidding?! All I'm gonna hear is 'Bammy why don't you take me out anywhere? Bammy this. Bammy that.' " Novak continued.

"Look she's his girlfriend, his life. It's not my problem." I said in a sharp tone before I continued to make my way out the door.

"You could at least try to do something about it." Novak mumbled. to himself.

I pulled out my keys and walked over to my Range Rover. Once I was in front of my the door I heard a some giggling behind me. I looked over to the direction of the sound and saw what I expected.

"Hi Amber." Jessica smiled.

"Hey." I replied as I hopped into my car and drove off.

_______________________________________________________

Jessica sighed at Bam's side. "What's HER problem?" She smirked.

"She's late for work." Bam informed his annoying girlfriend as he continued to watch the drive way where Amber had just driven down.

Jessica chuckled and assumed. "It's one o'clock. How late was she partying last night? Jeez."

"She's wasn't partying!" He scold her. "We had to take Trouble to the vet this morning."

". . .What?" She asked totally clueless.

Bam sighed and he brushed his hand down his face. "My cat." He said as he made his way back inside the house as remembered his feline friend who needed his full attention.

Jessica stood there for a few seconds then pretended to understand. "Oh!" She giggled and ran after him.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry I took as long as I did to post this chapter, but I hope it was okay.