The Happiness I'm Fakin'

Chapter Nine

Image

He backed up a bit. "I'm sorry. . ." He said looking the other way.

I licked my lips in awe. I can't believe he just did that. It was so random and out of the blue. "Bam I- . . ."

"I just-" He said turning to look at me.

His eye caught mine. Usually I try to avoid direct eye to eye contact. I can't stand it when people look me straight in the eye. I get all nerves and look away, but when I was looking at him in the eye, like I am now, I can't look away. His pupils widened and it made my face flush a shade of pink for some reason. He paused a bit and just looked at me. Next thing I knew I leaned in and kissed HIM. And he didn't reject me.
He gently caressed me as he moved his hand under my hair and to the back of my neck and pulled my face closer to his. I felt him lick my bottom lip and then it finally registered in my brain that I was kissing BAM. This wasn't a day dream. . . this was for real.

Next thing I knew he was on top of me with his hands reaching up my t-shirt.

I breathed into his mouth "Bam. . ."

"Hmm. . ." He breathed back before he deepened the kiss.

Suddenly we heard someone knock the door.

"Hey Am'-"

I pushed Bam back a bit as we both were startled by Dunn's sudden presence.

"- have you seen. . .Bam?" Ryan asked shocked to see that Bam was, well he was with me in this situation. "N-n-n-n-n-nevermind." He mumbled as he walked away quickly pretending he hadn't seen anything.

Bam quietly rolled off the bed and looked down at me as I still laid there. "Umm goodnight?" He asked more than said.

I couldn't really look at him. It was just too awkward for me. I only nodded.

THE NEXT DAY

I woke up to the beam of sunlight shinning on my face. I grimaced at it and quickly shielded my eyes. I opened my eyes under the covers and realized that the sheets smelt like Bam's body wash. I then smiled remembering what happened last night. The kiss. But how embarrassing was it when Ryan walked in. But. . . what would have happened if Ryan didn't come in? I shuck the thought out of my mind and made my way downstairs in my sweat pants and t-shirt.

When I got to the kitchen, no one was there. Not even Novak. Not even Chris. I then looked up at the clock and looked at the time. Seven sixteen a.m .

"G-g-g-g-g-reat." I frowned as I made my backup to my room.

As I was getting closer to my door I wiped both of my eyes relieving them of any crud that could have produced during my slumber. I was also surprised that I had no morning breath. When I entered my room I put my hands back down to my sides and jumped into bed.
I accidentally landed on my stuffed turtle.

"Oh! Sorry Squirt." I hugged it.

Just as my eyes were closing I heard a loud crash coming from Bam's room. I got up as quick as I could and ran over there. When I approached the door I heard Bam saying random swears.
I opened the door to see him cradling Trouble, our kitty, in his arms.

"What happened!?" I got really scared.

"He climbed up the counter and knocked over the glass and then he fell in it."

"Oh God." I cried.

"Shit! He's passed out!"

"Bam! We have to get him to a vet or something!"

"Yeah, here." He said handing the cat over to me. "I'm gonna go get the car."

"Okay." I said taking it to the kitchen really quickly.

After I placed it in a fluffy towel. I grabbed a water bottle and threw on my flip-flops.
When I got to the car Bam's foot was already on the gas and ready to go.

When we got to the vet they said they'd see what they could do, but Bam wasn't having that. He made them promise to check out his cat right away. I hated seeing him so worked up.

"How'd he get up on the counter anyway?" I asked him once we took a seat in the waiting room.

"He climbed up on my bed and he got on top of it."

"Jeez." I frowned.

"Fuck. . . did you see the glass in his foot?" He said sounding a little shook up.

"I know. . .I saw."

I looked at his downcast expression and felt really bad. He really loves his pets and seeing him in his room looking down at his cat like that made me want to cry.

I reached over to his hand and placed it in mine. He lifted his head up and smiled at me. I looked at his eyes and saw that they were a bit red.

I felt so bad for him so I did what I always did when we were kids and Bam was sad, I leaned over and gave him a kiss on his nose, the only difference was that this time it kind of tickled me. . .