The Happiness I'm Fakin'

Chapter Three

Image
"BRANDON!" I yelled as I ran back in the house.
Bam came running over with his duffle bag. "What's wrong?" He asked.
"What's wrong?" I repeated. "What's she doing here?!" I asked him.
"Oh so...Jessica's here?" He asked innocently.
"Why didn't you tell anyone she was coming? Why IS she coming? I -I thought this was our weekend to hang out..."
"We hung out earlier at the bar? And we're still gonna hang out in New York!"
"You know what I mean Bam..." I said as I heard footsteps behind me.

Jessica walked up to Bam and TONGUED him. I wouldn't really call it a kiss because I kiss is what two people in love do...and it's beautiful...not what two horny idiots do...and THIS, my friends, was disgusting...

"BamBam-" There she went calling him by the nick name I gave him. "I thought you were taking ME to New York..."
"Babe I am, I'm taking you AND Amber and Novak." He told her as they embraced.
"Oh..." She said with a bit of attitude.
"Hey don't look like that." Bam said to me as he saw that I was looking the other way. "I just thought that this was the perfect time for you two to bond...yah know my best friend and my girlfriend." He said trying to sweeten us up.

...It didn't work.

"I don't feel well..." I said as I made my way upstairs.

"I have to go talk to her." Bam told Jessica as he marched behind me down the stairs.

I heard him following me and I didn't want him to. I know he doesn't really care. Ever since his break up with Jenn and started to hang out with random whores, this girl came out of the blue she's all he cares about. Bam's friends are second to HER. And what has she ever done for him? Waste his money, show off, pressure him into doing stuff he doesn't care for. The new Bam Margera pisses me off.

"Amber!" He called out to me as we reached my room.
"What?" I asked as I threw my bag on the other side of my bed.
"Amber, come on." He grabbed my hand loosely. "Don't be like this." He begged.
"Be like what?" I asked calmly as if this didn't bother me at all.
"Don't act like nothing happened just now. Why can't you just be nice to her?" He blamed me.
"Why can't I?!Why can't SHE!?"
"You get along with everyone Am', what's different about Jessica?"
"Is that a serious question?"
"Am' come on! Quit being so..."
"So what...?"
"It's just...the way you've been acting lately! It's so damn annoying! You've changed... I-I mean-" He stuttered.

I just stared at my best friend of sixteen years with hurt eyes. He'll never realize that that girl is totally wrong for him. Ever since she came into his life, I've had problems trusting him. He's not the same person when she's around. I saw then and there that he is the one who had changed,NOT ME.

"Well I'm sorry I bother you so freakin' much...I guess I'VE changed..." I said heading towards my door.
"Am' wait don't be like that-" He said following me out the door.

As soon as he stepped outside my room I stepped back in it and closed to door in his face.

"FINE!" He yelled as he banged on my door. "Where back to this now!" He went silent for a while. "Amber! Come on! I scheduled this trip for us to hang out! Now your just gonna bail on me?"

I sat on my bed and took out a magazine as tears dripped down my face. I can't believe he's so blind, hypothetically speaking of corse. We never used to have to PLAN to do anything...

-Narrator's POV-

Bam walked downstairs more like stomping. He marched over to his girlfriend and grabbed her by the hand. "Come on! We're leaving with out that..." He stopped as he realized he was about to insult his best friend. Bam might be jackass but he knew when he was going out of line...sometimes...this was one of those times. "-her..."

"Dude..." Novak spoke out to his life partner. "You cant just leave without her. You two have been bragging about this trip for days. she was so excited to finally spend time with you."
"Yeah well not anymore. She's not the only person in my life okay! She can't get along with my girlfriend and I don't why. She's being rude and-"
"Before you finish bad talking the person whose been there for you for forever can I talk to you -" Novak looked at Jessica who was attached to Bam's side by the hand. "-alone?" He finished.
"Why-" He couldn't finish because Novak pulled him towards the stairs.

Jessica left to the car as the two friends had a 'one on one'.

"Look Bam..." Novak began.
"Why is she acting like this! What the hell did I do wrong!? Jessica's my girlfriend! I love her! Okay? Was is so wrong to invite her on this trip?"
"Well, it was supposed to be the three of us..."
"Yeah but...I told Jessica and she really wanted to come..."
"How would you feel if Amber invited Danny?"

Bam knew he was caught. He never really liked Danny. He felt that Danny took Amber away from him sometimes. Plus he was too clingy. Everywhere Amber went he would be there. He take to stores and buy her shit like jewelry. Amber doesn't care for that kind of shit, she's simple. Thats what Bam loved the most about her. And lately he had been pissing her off, and he hated that.

"...I'll give it another try...but if she keeps on being a bitch I'm leaving." Bam gave up.

Bam marched upstairs and knocked on Amber's door calmly. He loved Amber like the sister he never had and he hated it when they fought. It seems like they've been doing nothing BUT fighting lately. It made him sad to think about it. He knocked once more, but a little louder than the last time.

Amber was in her room with her face shoved in the pillow as tears continued to stream down her red cheeks.She thought about how this had been the shity-est week ever! Suddenly she heard a knock on her door.

She asked. "Who is it?" In a very low muffled voice.
Bam thought of what she would say if he told her it was him. After their little conversation a few moments ago he didn't think she'd wanna see his face right now."It's room service." He said trying to play their old game.
She didn't say anything back. Then suddenly he heard ruffling and a stomp. It took about a minuet for her to open the door "I didn't order anything..." Was what she said.

He smiled over at her and lifted her chin a bit because she was looking down. He looked into her eyes and felt a little weird. But it was a good weird. He gave a soft smile before he hugged her. He held onto her as her hands just stood by his sides. She sighed and then hugged him back. Bam giggled as he knew she would. She always dose.

"Are you mad at me?" He asked her as they separated.
She crossed her arms in front of her chest as she just looked at him. She didn't know what it was, but she just couldn't be mad at him, ever. They'd have their arguments and hate each other for a minuet or two but they would forget about it in a few moments. "No..."
"You've been crying?"
"No" she answered again.
"Yeah you have."
"No I haven't!"
He sensed she was upset. "...I've never seen you cry before." He told her truthfully.
She looked up at him. "It's nothing."
"Amb, I'm not leaving this house with out you. We're gonna go to New York and have and fucking awesome time!" He told her with a huge smile. "If your not going, I'm not going, and nobody goes."
"Bam... I just don't get along with her."
"What has she ever done that was so bad,Am?"
"She gives me ugly looks. She drags you away from me whenever I talk to you... Remember that time for Ape's birthday, she was over here and she came into my room, to ''hang out'' " - Amber continued holding her fingers up to indicate she was using quotation marks. "-all she did was criticize me! 'You need to wear more skirts.' 'How come you only have sandals but no heels?' She's the pain in my back. I'm sorry Bam I can't stand her."
"So she's a little out there... Look don't pay attention to what she says. Plus that was when we just got together, she's different now." He said a little too sure of himself.
Amber gave him that look."Yeah I'll have to see for myself."
"SO YOUR GOING!?" He asked wide eyed."Hell even for the sake of it...you can invite Danny to." Bam tried to reason, but he really didn't mean what he said.
Amber looked back down at her feet and tried to think of an excuse.
"What's wrong?" Bam asked.
"Oh nothing he's just busy." She lied.
"Your coming though right?" He pleaded to her.
"Yeah... I guess."
"YAY!" He yelled tackling her to the floor."Come on!Lets go!"

A half hour later on the road Amber and Novak resting in the back, and Bam at the wheel, were stuck in the hummer listening to Jessica brag to her friend about going to New York with Bam and staying in a five-star hotel, at her request. Bam thought she'd get the point to get off the phone if he turned up the music. The 69 Eyes blasted through the stereo as Amber smiled slightly as she rested her head on Novak's shoulder as he played with his old school gameboy as she loved to call it. Literally about fifteen seconds later Jessica turned the knob on the stereo down shutting off the tunes. This made Bam do something he'd regret...something they all would. He grabbed her phone at a stop light and told whoever was on it " Gotta go!" In a girly voice and hung up the phone.
Jessica's horns popped out of her head again as she began to argue with Bam.

...This was going to be a long ride...
♠ ♠ ♠
More on the way :)