The Happiness I'm Fakin'

Chapter Eight

Image

The next night when I got home Bam was in his room and didn't even bother to say a simple hello. Novak was no where to be found and the house was a mess. Bored with nothing to do, I decided to clean up a bit and believe me it was needed. I decided to grab everything that was out of place first and put them back where they belonged first. After doing that I grabbed a broom and started sweeping away all the crap that was left on the floor. When I was trying to get in between a snug area by the couch I accidently banged into a vase letting it fall to the floor. Before it reached the wood floor I tried to catch it but instead a large sharp piece dug into the palm of my hand, cutting me. I yelped out due to the sting I felt as the glass grazed through my skin. Then I heard footsteps coming down the stairs.

"Are you okay!?" Bam yelled as he ran over to me as I hunched over the ground clutching my hand in the other.

I looked up at him. "Y-yeah. Sorry I scared you."

"What the hell happened?" He asked as he pushed the couch a bit out and slouched down as well.

"I was sweeping and I backed up against the vase and it fell."

"How'd you fuck up your hand?" He asked as he took it in his hands.

"I tried to catch it." I told him.

"Ha! Obvious move from you."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I glared at him.

"I mean you always try to catch stuff when they fall, but you have suckish hand coordination." he rambled.

"Okay?" I pulled my hand away and got up. "Do we have any band-aids?" I asked him as I made my way to the stairs.

He gave me a confused look for some reason. "Yeah in the half bathroom." He informed me.

I didn't say anything. I just continued my way upstairs. When I got in the bathroom I opened the cabinet door and found what I was searching for. I took the box out from the shelf and placed in on top of the counter. I lifted my hand into perfect view to examine the damage. It was a really long cut. I grimaced at the sight of it. I hated blood. It always scared me when I got a cut, imagine how pissy I am during my monthly curse. . .

"I cleaned up the glass and shit on the floor." Bam said coming into the bathroom a little less than five minuets later. He saw that I was struggling with tying the bandage so he walked over to help. "Here." He said as he placed his hands gently on my shoulder and turned me around. "Sit up on the counter" He instructed me.

I tried my best but I'm too damn short to lift myself up so high. Bam then placed the bandages off to the side and came over to help me. "C'mere." He said placing his hands under my arms and lifted me up onto the counter.

"Thanks. . ." I mumbled.

He then grabbed the cleanser for the cut and dabbed some of it onto a cotton ball."Rest your palm out." He instructed me once again. I did so and he rubbed the medicine on my cut. "You washed it with cold water right?"

"Yeah..." I said even quieter. I don't know why but it was as if I was afraid to say anything to him. I feel all giddy.

"Yeah?" He repeated. "Did I do something wrong?" He asked looking at me.

"No..."

"Really? Well then why didn't you say bye to me when you left the other night? Why haven't you said much to me lately?" He asked as he ripped off a piece of the bandage and wrapped it slowly but securely around my palm.

"I'm sorry I haven't been...talking to you lately. And I didn't see you anywhere when I left to Danny's house."

"Hmm." He mumbled.

"Hmm what?" I asked raising my eyebrows.

"Nothing." He said as he finished. I placed my bandaged hand into my other palm and examined it. Bam then hunched closer to me. "That will be one dollar." He smiled as he let our foreheads touch.

For some reason I found myself battling the urge to kiss. . . "Put it on my tab." I finally said as I pushed pass him a bit and made my way back down stairs. When I got down there the broom was put away and all the dust piles I had made were thrown away. I then looked back up at the stairs to see Bam looking down at me. "You cleaned everything up?" I asked him.

"Yeah. . ." He smiled nervously.

I smiled up at him.

"That's another dollar!" He said before he marched into my room.

I followed him after I shut off the lights downstairs. When I entered my room I found Bam laying on my bed with the news paper Danny and I had gotten at Rockets.

"Why'd you circle stuff?" He asked looking over the paper.

I went over to the bed and sat down next to him. I took the paper from him gently and looked at the ads I'd circled earlier and looked back at his confused face. "I'm looking for a place." I told him.

He frowned. "A place for what?" He asked playing stupid.

"Bam-. . . A place to live." I looked back down at the paper.

"A place to live?" He said sitting up. "But you live here." He said as he snatched the paper out of my hands.

"Bam I can't live here forever. ...One day you'll get married and you'd want to live with your wife. ...You might start a family. You're not gonna want any of your friends around still."

He looked at me as if I were speaking another language.

"Bam. . .don't look at me like that." I told him.

He just stared back at the paper.

"The only reason I moved in here was so that I could save up some money until I was able to afford an apartment of my own. Remember? And now I'm ready."

"Yeah. . . but that was seven months ago! You're settled in now. You can't move." He pleaded.

"Why not?" I sighed. "You and Danny are the same." I chuckled.

"Ew! Don't compare me to that asshole!"

I lifted my eyebrows at him in a slight shock.

"No offense but I hate that guy."

I smiled at him. "Me to. . ." I said under my breath. "He wanted me to move in with him." I cringed.

"What! Hell no! You can't." Bam pleaded.

"I'm not! Don't get you panties in a bunch." I giggled as I looked into his eyes.

"Why don't you want to stay?" He frowned as he seemed to move closer.

"It's not that I don't want to stay, Bam. It's just that I can't stay."

"Yeah you can." Bam said softly. "I'm not getting married anytime soon." He smiled hoping It'd change my mind.

"Bam I appreciate what you've done for me, honest. Your a great friend. " I told him with a tear in my eye as a memory of when Bam and I were younger flashed into my head. "I love you, BamBam. I really do." I whispered to him.

I pressed my forehead on his gently as he did to mine earlier.

"Pebbles. . ." He paused.

Then to my surprise I felt his mouth press on mine. . .
♠ ♠ ♠
For those reading this story. I'm also writing another Bam story. I'm not sure why I picked him of all people for this story, but if Kat Von D's in it, I figured why not make Bam the love interest? So Go check that out. The readers so far are pleased with it, you guys might be to. :)
Thanks for reading.
LINK: http://www.mibba.com/story/_67812/A-Radiant-Butterfly/