Status: Active :)

Green Eyes

11

I didn’t sleep that night. Well, it was kind of hard to seeing as every hour or so someone would come banging on my door, plus there was no bed. My body ached from the beating I had the night before, and I think it left me with one or two broken ribs. I have no idea what time it is, or how long its been since I got here. I haven’t eaten since I left my house two days ago and the pain in my stomach is beginning to get unbearable. Hey, I like food. Sue me.

But with all the pain I’m in, all I can think of is Zacky. I’m seriously beginning to think there’s something wrong with me. It’s like no matter where I go or what I do, a part of me is connected to him, and if he’s not there to fill it I’m just not me. That can’t be normal right? Maybe I should see a doctor. Pfft, yeah, fat chance of that happening while I’m here.

I lifted my head up from the stone floor when I heard the sound of footsteps. I forced myself to sit up so as to look a bit stronger than I was currently feeling. I immediately recognised the long black hair and cocky smirk – Layton.

Noticing the state I was in he chuckled and smiled down at me. ‘In a bit of pain down here are we princess?’

I glared at him, refusing to answer. He laughed again. ‘Awww, poor Kayla. I see prince charming hasn’t come to rescue you yet. But we don’t need to worry about him. He’s probably off somewhere screwing another slut.’

I growled at him. In case you haven’t noticed, I tend to growl a lot when I’m angry.

Layton laughed and smirked. ‘You don’t think so? Hmmm, me neither. He always struck me as more of the gay type.’

I turned away, refusing to let him get to me. I felt a cold hand under my chin and my head was jerked around to meet Layton’s cold stare. ‘Maybe you should try someone a bit more manly. And maybe with longer hair.’ He smirked and I shuddered when I felt his cold breath on my face. His lips came towards mine and my body began to freak out. With all my might, I reached up and punched him in the face. Layton stumbled backwards, clutching his cheek. ‘Oww you dumb bitch.’

I smirked in pride but immediately wiped it off my face when I saw the look in Layton’s eyes. He growled and charged at me, grabbing my throat and pinning me against the wall. He gritted his teeth and ran his fangs along my neck. ‘That reminds me, I never got to punish you for embarrassing me last night in front of Vercro. I was going to let you off with a warning but now I think I might have to change that.'

He picked me up by my neck and I began to gasp for air. He threw me down to the floor so violently that I was unable to move. I looked up at him to see him smirking and walking towards me. I shook as I noticed his black boots standing in front of my face. He lent down and my eyes met his brown ones. ‘It’s such a pity to hurt you, my dear. But rules need to be established and you are just breaking them all.’

He kicked me violently in my stomach causing me to curl over in pain. His hands pressed down on my face as he lent over once more and I could feel his fangs on my neck, He leaned up to my ear and whispered ‘Sorry Princess, this is going to hurt.’

He pressed his fangs into my neck and I screamed in pain. I could feel the blood flowing freely from my neck as I listened to him moan in pleasure. It hurt like nothing I’d ever felt. I wanted to die – I couldn’t handle this.

‘Layton! Come quick! We’ve got them!’

Layton stopped sucking and pulled away from my neck with reluctance. He stood up and smiled down at me. ‘Mmmm you taste so good. We’ll finish this later, princess.’

I watched as he disappeared out of sight. My hands went up to my neck and when I brought them down they were covered in blood. Sobs overtook my body as I lay there, feeling the pain in my stomach and chest.

But that wasn’t why I cried. No, those words did it. We’ve got them.

Zacky’s POV

We drove along in silence. We knew where we were going – I had memorised Kayla’s scent when she was born. Not all vampires could do this. I only could because I was created by Degan, the most powerful vampire to have ever lived. He could do many more things that other vampires couldn’t.

Syn was driving while Jimmy sat in the back seat and I was in the passenger’s seat. Matt and Johnny had gone separately in case one of us got caught.

The tension in the car was incredible. Syn glared angrily at the road in front of him while Jimmy was fiddling nervously, trying to stop himself from crying. And me? I was trying to stop myself from going crazy with fear and anger at what could be happening to Kayla. I had tried reaching her through my mind but something was blocking me from contacting her.

I breathed in again, taking her scent through my nose. We were nearly there.

I looked out the window and noticed we were driving into what appeared to be a rocky hillside. Syn looked at me.

Is this it?

I nodded. Brian stopped the car in what appeared to be a hidden part of the rocks and we all got out. Well, except for Jimmy. He just ‘appeared’ out.

Brian turned to face me.

What do you want to do?

I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair, considering the possible options.

I think its best if we stick together. One of us won’t be enough to get passed a group of people by ourselves. Once we get in, we split up and search for Kayla. Message the others if you find her or if you get caught. Keep as quiet as possible.

The others nodded and we slowly began walking towards what appeared to be a giant door in the rocks. As the others began figuring out the code to get in, I messaged Matt.

Shadows, we’re here. We’re going through a door in the front. The place is made out of stones. I’ll message you if we get caught or if we get Kayla. Good Luck.

I heard a whisper of success and turned to see that Syn and Jimmy had gotten the door open and were grinning proudly. I shook my head and walked cautiously through the doors, both of them following close behind me.

We hid around a corner as people passed by before quickly running forwards. I took a deep breath, detecting her scent, and quickly notified the others that she was downstairs.

Noticing a set of stairs in front of us, we looked around for more people, and after seeing none, we ran to the stairs and headed down.

Once we got to the bottom, I took another breath and told the others to head right. We had taken about two steps when I heard Syn scream. I turned around to see a tall vampire had him around the neck while he was desperately trying to fight back. I growled and launched myself at the other vampire, trying to rip him off Brian.

I felt cold hands grasp me around my neck and tear me backwards. I fought as best I could but was thrown to the ground when another joined him. I looked around to see Jimmy was appearing and disappearing everywhere, trying to get away from the vampire. I turned to face the vampire that was attacking me, and used my power to make him think of releasing me. I watched as he appeared dazed for a moment, and used that as a chance to attack him. I was immediately ripped of by another pair of hands that threw me to the floor and pinned me down. I looked around to see Jimmy being held by 3 vampires, and Syn was unconscious in the arms of another one while a different one stood behind him, blood on his hands.

There was no way we were going to escape this. There were 8 vampires here and only 3 of us. In desperation, I sent a message to Matt.

Shadows – we’ve been captured. Do whatever you can to get Kayla
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey all. Layton bit her :O

In case you havent realised, when the writings bold and in italics it means theyre speaking in their heads. Yeah i know i wish i could do that too! Dumb vampires :(

I finally got 2 stars! Wooo!!

Hope you like this one.

Please comment and subscribe!!

Ash xx