Status: Active.

Warped Tour Should Be the Definition of Fun

“You’re wearing swimsuit, right?”

We were in Virginia already and I was just done with my set and currently slacking off in our merch tent, drinking some mineral water with red framed wayfarers covering my eyes. It was really hot today.

“Amor, we have a photoshoot,” Lianne reminded.

“…When?”

“Now.”

I groaned. I preferred interviews instead of photoshoots. I always felt awkward during shoots, but people said the results were great. “You’re a natural,” they said. Snort snort.

“The shoot is at the beach,” she sang.

My head shot up excitedly. “Can I surf?!”

“After the shoot.”

“YES!” I jumped up from my seat and ran toward the bus to change. The boys had changed into swimming trunks and tees; I guess they were going to surf, or swim.

And then we walked together to the beach. We were taking a turn in the parking lot and then I bumped into someone. I looked up and saw Garrett.

“Where are you guys going?” he asked.

“Photoshoot at the beach,” Jazz answered.

“Wanna come?” I offered.

“Nah, my set’s in 20 minutes,” he stuck out his lower lip. “But I promise I’ll come after that,” he grinned.

“Yay!”

He laughed. “Well, I’ll see you guys later. John’s gonna hang me with his towel if I won’t be in the signing tent soon.”

“Okay,” we all chimed and went separate ways.

At the beach, we spotted some people with cameras so we assumed those were the ones who were going to shoot us. Not literally.

“Namora, I think it’s better if you take your shorts off,” the photographer, Suzie, said.

“Whaaat? Why?” I whined.

“It’s the beach,” she grinned. “You’re wearing swimsuit, right?”

Automatically, all of the guys turned their heads to me. I rolled my eyes. Boys.

“Yes.”

“Which one?!” Cliff asked. “The plaid one, the black one, the polka dot, or—“

“…Dude. How do you know about the bikinis I have?” I asked, raising an eyebrow.

The others stared at him. “Uh…”

“Don’t say you rummaged through my drawer?” I investigated, placing a hand on my hips.

“Uh… um… A FLYING PIG!” he shouted and pointed towards the sky.

We all raised an eyebrow at him.

“Let’s just start the shoot,” Suzie laughed. We all agreed and then I took off my shorts and threw it at Suzie. “Heeey,” she whined and I grinned. She placed the shorts aside and said, “ Anyway, I just want you guys to be natural, okay? Just goof around and play with water or probably build a sandcastle – anything.”

We nodded in understanding. 3 seconds, no one did anything.

“Guys…” Suzie said.

“Sorry, it’s just so awkward to start something in a shoot,” Jazz reasoned.

“Awkward it is,” I laughed. And then I felt something hit the back of my head. My hand rose to feel what it was, and it was wet sand.

I turned around and Cliff was laughing.

“You sand prick!” I exclaimed as I bent down to take a fistful of when sand and threw it at him.

Spontaneously, we were playing wet-sand-fight. I was running to dodge the sand that Jazz threw at me, but Seth that was running after me tripped on his own foot and he fell down, grabbing my leg as he did so. Automatically, I fell down too. I fell flat on my face.

I rolled over and Cliff laughed his ass off, followed by the others.

“Sand! In yo’ face!” he said, pointing at my face before continued laughing.

I wiped the sand off my face and kicked some sand to his body.

“Stop!” he exclaimed, before jumping on me and tickling my every single ticklish spot. The other two decided to join in to tickle.

I was laughing uncontrollably with three boys tickling my body.

“S – stoooop!” I laughed, tears coming out from my eyes. “Stoooooop!”

“Nobody messes with my girl!” someone shouted and I felt some weight lifted off from me. The boys stopped tickling and I sat up to see who it was.

Jack was strangling Jazz. “Only I, Jack Bassam Barakat, who can tickle my girl, Namora Kellers!” he stated.

Me and the other two boys laughed at that.

“Okay guys, I think that’s enough,” Suzie said, giggling. Geez, I didn’t realize the shoot was still going. “Thanks for your co-ops!”

“No problem, lady,” we all chimed.

Jack finally let go of Jazz and Jazz was coughing. “Sorry man, I didn’t mean it too hard,” Jack apologized. “You okay?”

Jazz raised a thumb and soon exchanged it with his middle finger as he kept on coughing.

“Hey label mate,” Alex squatted next to me. I forgot to mention Stockholm Lights just got signed to Hopeless Records this year. “We can totally see your bikini top,” he grinned.

“You’re acting as if you’ve never seen a naked girl, Gaskarth,” I raised an eyebrow.

“Surely I never saw you naked.”

“Eww,” I whined. “I don’t wanna do that with you; you have cooties!”

“I didn’t ask you to do it. Or you do want it?” he smirked.

I splashed some salty water to his face. “Pervertass,” I said jokingly and stood up and cleaned the sand from my legs.

“Namoraaa!” I turned around and saw Sierra from VersaEmerge was running towards me, her hair bouncing with every step she took. Because of the beach scenery and she was wearing a pair of black bikini, I immediately remembered Baywatch.

“Hi Sierra,” I said as she approached me.

“Surf?”

“Totally!” I shouted and we both ran to the surf-board rent thingy. We rented surfboards, one for each of us and we hit the water.

After an hour of surfing, we were finally tired and decided to take a break. We dragged our surfboards along and joined sitting with the boys. I realized I was sitting next to Garrett.

“Nice surfing there,” he said.

“Thanks,” I grinned.

I noticed his eyes roaming my body, so I ‘cleared my throat’. His head shot up.

“Something wrong?” I asked coolly.

“N – no, it’s just – I – you –“ he stuttered.

“My shirt is see-through and you can see my bikini blahblahblah,” I repeated what Alex said to me.

His cheek reddened. Aw, he was adorable when he was blushing.

Wait, adorable?

Did I just think Garrett is adorable?

Oh, fuck it.

We sat in silence as the others were talking to each other. My eyelids were suddenly heavy and I was like super tired, I didn’t even realize I was placing my head on Garrett’s shoulder.

“You can go back to the bus if you’re tired,” he said.

“Good idea,” I mumbled. “But I’m too tired to walk,” I yawned.

I could feel him hesitating before standing up, and then he offered me a hand. Confused, I took it and got up. After I stood up, he bent down and placed his hands on my legs and back to lift me up.

“Garrett, what the heck are you doing?!” I shrieked as the others were staring.

“I’m taking you to your bus so you can get some rest and do NOT protest!” he said. “See you all later,” Garrett said to the others and they murmured goodbyes.

Jack shouted, “Namora, shorts!” A pair of black shorts that were mine landed on Garrett’s head. “Oops,” Jack said innocently and I cracked up as I took the shorts and held it.

Garrett shook his head as we headed to my bus.

He set me down after we arrived in front of the door of my bus. “Thanks, man,” I said.

“No problem,” he shrugged.

I turned around and opened the door, only to see my bra hanging right in front of the door. My jaw collided with the ground. I quickly grabbed it and turned around as my cheeks flushed. Garrett was staring somewhere else but me with his face as red as a tomato.

“I’ll see you tomorrow then,” he coughed awkwardly.

“Yeah – bye, thanks for the lift…”

“Yeah, it’s okay… bye,” and with that, he left. Such an awkward goodbye.

I stormed into the bus, only to see my clothes were everywhere. On the floor, on the seat, under the table – every fuckin’ where.

“DANI WHOOOOREEEE!” I screamed.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have so many assignments due next week.

AAR last Monday was amazingg. Photos are in my Flickr (you can find my Flickr page in my profile) if you're interested.