Full Mental Case

Replacement

I had just finished checking on a patient I had to call a doctor because he was having a seizure and after stabilizing him everything went quiet. I spun around in the computer chair and stared at the ceiling.

"What's up?" Chace asked me.

I sat up.

"The ceiling." I said to him.

"Just finished cleaning up meatloaf in Mr. Grayson's room." he said.

"Thanks for telling me that." I said to him.

He smiled.

"So, are you coming over tomorrow?" he asked.

"For what?" I asked him.

"Gregory's one month home?" he asked me.

"I might, what do you want to bring?" I asked him.

"Yourself and wear something nice." he said smiling.

"Okay, so how's Izzy doing?" I asked him.

"She definitely knows Troy, but she doesn't really remember how she died." he said.

"Should I tell her?" I asked him.

"I wouldn't, they're suppose to find out on their on." he said.

"Guess what happened to me today?" I asked him.

"What?" he asked.

"Troy's girlfriend came to my house and trashed it." I said.

"Troy, that sly devil. You didn't rip her head off did you?" he asked.

"Close to it, but I didn't want to get blood on my floor. Not that it mattered." I said to him.

I heard a beep.

"Got to go, clean up." he said.

"Yeah, later." I said to him.

"Bye." he said and walked away.

"Are you Addy?" Someone asked me from behind.

I spun around.

"I'm Addy." I said to her.

"Oh good, well I'm Maribeth's replacement. Sharon" she said.

She was probably ten years older than me.

"Nice to meet you." I said to her and we shook hands.

She took a seat at the desk.

"So you've been a nurse else where?" I asked her.

"Actually, I worked here a few years back but I went to another hospital." she said.

"Oh, that's good so you know the secrets of this place." I said and smiled.

"Yeah, it feels like returning home. How long have you been here?" she asked me.

"Not long only five months, but since the day nurses were going to complain about having to work at night, I had to go through a crash course. Even though my internship isn't over till another year." I said to her.

"Oh well, you must be doing a good job since you're all here by yourself." she said.

"Not always." I said to her.

"Right the patients." she said and nodded.

I nodded back.

I went home that morning and slept the whole day until it was time for me to meet Gregory and Chace for his first month home. I wore a black dress this time and was expecting Chace to great me at the door for the party when actually it was Gregory. The lights were dimmed and Greg was dressed up in a pair of trousers and a polo.

"Hi." he said to me.

"Hi, is Chace, and Izzy here?" I asked.

"Chace went out, and Izzy is upstairs in her room." he said.

"What, so it's just the two of us?" I asked him.

"Actually, it wasn't my fault but Chace planned this whole thing." he said as I walked in.

He shut the door behind me.

"That sneak." I said to Gregory and smiled.

"I made dinner." he said fixing his glasses.

"You cook?" I asked him.

"I do a little nothing fancy." he said to me.

I walked into the kitchen and saw the table set up for two with candles. I walked to one side of the table he pulled it out and I sat down then he pushed me back in.

"Thanks." I said to him.

"Sure." he said.

There was spaghetti in front of me. He took a seat and then poured us some wine.

"I love spaghetti." I told him.

"Really?" he asked me.

"My mom made it all the time when I was younger, it's a comfort food." I said to him.

"Yeah, I hope you like it." he said to me picking up his fork.

"This is very nice of you to do this for me." I said to him twirling the spaghetti on the fork and then popping it into my mouth.

"Thanks, oh, and thanks for taking care of me the last few months." he said turning red looking at his plate.

"It's okay, it's my job and it was a pleasure." I said to him and smiled.

"So, your boyfriend..." he started.

"Ex." I said.

"Right, how's he doing?" he asked me.

"They're dismissing him from the hospital soon. He's stopped all his ranting about werewolves and vampires." I said and giggled.

"Yeah, that was one crazy night." he said.

"Thanks." I said to him.

"For what?" he asked.

"For helping me that night." I said to him.

"You're welcome." he said to me.

We were quiet for a while only the sound of us chewing and then all of a sudden I heard music playing.

"What the..." I started as 'Let's get it on.' started to play.

"Izzy!" Gregory yelled.

"I-it's okay, she's just being helpful." I said to him giggling.

He looked back at me.

"She's like the little sister I never had." he said.

"You don't have any siblings?" I asked him.

"A brother, he passed away at three years old. He had cancer." Gregory said.

"I'm sorry." I said to him.

"It's okay he was always going in and out of hospitals." he said.

"Oh." I said finishing the rest of my spaghetti.

"Finished?" he asked me.

I nodded.

He got up and took our plates. He leaned over and I inhaled his scent.

"What are you wearing?" I asked him.

"Nothing, it's all me." he said.

"Smells good." I said to him.

He laughed.

"Thanks." he said.

I got up and walked to the living room and took a seat on the couch. The music still going as we sat next to each other. The songs seemed to get slower and quieter and the lights seemed a little dimmer.

"So what's your favorite werewolf movie?" he asked me.

"Why?" I asked him.

"After I got changed, I rented as many werewolf movies as I could and watched them. Some of them were actually pretty good even though they were kind of too realistic for me." he said and laughed.

I sat on my knees on the couch.

"I like Wolf with Jack Nicholson." I said to him.

"I have it, do you want to watch it I mean you don't have to. If you don't have to..."

"I'd love to watch it." I said to him and smiled.

He got up. "Okay." he said and put it in.

It started from the part the character in the movie got bitten.

"You can tell they used a real wolf." he whispered.

"Yeah." I said and cozy up closer to him.

He put his was tense at first and then he relaxed and put his arm around me.

We watched the movie all the way to the love making scene. That was when Gregory and I were lip locked. He kissed me. I pushed him down on to the couch and held his chest.

"Maybe, we should go someplace quieter?" I asked him.

"Maybe." he said getting up with me and grabbing the remote he turned off the TV.

Then we went up the stairs to his bed room which was the cleanest room I've ever seen. He could put hospitals out of business.

"Nice room." I said to him and turned around.

He pounced and kissed me. We lied on the bed and I giggled.

"I'm not hurting you am I?" he asked me.

"No." I said to him.

He kissed my lips again.

"Good." he said to me.

We got out of our clothes and he climbed under the blankets with me. We didn't come out for another four hours.

I stuck my head up from under the blanket and gasped for air and giggled. He kissed my stomach and moved up to my lips.

"You got something on your cheek." I said to him.

"Get it for me." he said.

I licked his cheek and then giggled.

He lied back down beside me. We panted like crazy.

"You okay?" he asked me.

"Fine, that was great." I said and lied my head on his chest.

"It's been a while since I did that." he said to me.

"Me too." I said.

"What about Troy?" he asked me.

I snorted.

"Troy is what I like to call a minute man." I said and rubbed his chest.

"Then what am I?" he asked.

"The energizer bunny." I said and giggled again.

"Great." he said to me.