Full Mental Case

Mild Tempered

I woke up the next morning on the cold, rock hard floor. I pulled myself up my hair falling in front of my face. I panted. My senses were still intense and everything around me was intensified by a thousand. I could feel the presence of another being and I looked up and saw Chace. He handed me a white blanket. I took it from him and wrapped myself in it.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I asked him.

He looked at the ground.

"Tell you want?" he asked me.

"That this mark on my stomach was a that of a werewolf. Which meant I'm one now?" I asked him.

He looked at me sheepishly.

"I couldn't tell." he said.

"Bull." I said to him.

"It was to protect you." he said.

"Protect me from what?" I asked him.

"From killing yourself." he said.

I cocked my head to the side.

"Why would I kill myself?" I asked him.

He sighed and crossed his arms.

"That's what Gregory tried to do. He looked back at me. I need to get you out of here before the day shifters come." he said to me.

"Who's Pryce?" I asked him.

"Someone I knew." he said.

"Was that the person who bit you?" I asked him.

He looked at me and nodded.

"Okay." I said.

He put his arm around my waist and guided me back up the stairs. With the close clear he guided me to my car.

"Can you drive?" he asked me.

"Everything feels weird." I said to him looking around and looking into the sky everything as clear as day yet it wasn't normal.

"Okay, I'll drive you home just tell me where you live." he said.

I got in the car and then he got in and I told him where I lived and he started to drive.

"The sunlight doesn't bother you?" I asked him.

"Only the afternoon sunlight." he said.

I nodded and looked out the window.

"I'm sorry, about last night, I should have warned you sooner." he said.

"I wish you did, that was the wickedest thing that ever happened to me." I said.

"It doesn't get easier, every twenty-eight days when the moon is fullest you'll turn into a werewolf." he said.

I shivered.

"I don't like being called a werewolf, what's that other term that guy used?" I asked him.

"Bitch?" he asked.

I glared at him.

"No the other one." I said.

"Lycan?" I asked him.

"Yes." I said to him looking back out the mirror.

"I'm pretty sure you don't want to be called a werewolf, or a lycan." he said.

"So I don't have any super freaky powers do I?" I asked him.

"Other than a great sense of smell, not really. You're pretty much normal." he said.

"You're using normal in a relative sense aren't you?" I asked him.

He smiled.

"Yeah." he said.

We sat in silence for a while and then he pulled up to my house.

"Nice place." he said to me.

"Thanks, I'm renting." I said to him.

He got out of my car and I made sure none of my neighbors were up and about and we walked into the house.

He waited for me as I showered and got dressed. I sat on the couch next to him.

"I made you some coffee if that's okay." he said to me.

I took it from him.

"You seemed really close to Gregory were you?" I asked him.

"I'm the reason why he's there. We were sort of roommates." he said.

"Are they going to keep Gregory in there for a long time?" I asked him.

"No there's nothing they can do to help him. He's going to be dismisses the day before the next full moon. He'll be coming back home to live with me." he said.

"Oh." I said to him and took a sip of the coffee.

"He told you how he was changed?" he asked me.

"Bicycling right?" I asked him.

" Yes and the way we met he was working at a gas station when he was held up. I was just buying some beer. When I noticed the person holding him up wasn't even human. It was a vampire." he said.

"What is with the vampires they have something against wolves?" I asked.

"Actually yes. They have a hate that has become a passioned. The vampires say that the wolves are taking all the prey by changing them. They see werewolves as diseased animals." he said.

"So vampires are like people with an STD right?" I asked him.

"Right." he said sipping the coffee.

"So you're able to eat and drink, yet you're..." I started.

"Dead, everything still works but I just can't see my reflection and I used to drink blood." he said.

"You stopped?" I asked him.

"It's not a great way of live I've been doing it for too long." he said and sighed.

"How old are you anyway?" I asked him.

He looked at me and smiled.

"Twenty-two." he said.

"Not how old were you." I said.

"Do I have to tell you?" he asked me.

There was a knock at the door.

"Yes, after I get that." I said to him and got up and walked to the front of the house and opened the door.

"Hey baby." Troy said.

"T-troy. What are you doing here?" I asked him nervously. He hugged me and put me down.

"I came to ask you if you wanted to go out for breakfast. Can I come in?" he asked me.

"Uh. Sure, I just have a guest." I said to him.

"A guest really?" he asked walking into the living room and stopping. Chace was sipping on the coffee and lowered the cup.

"Hello, Chace." he said holding out a hand.

I touched Troy's back moving him towards Chace's hand.

"Troy." he said shaking Chace's hand.

Troy shivered and looked at his hand.

"Sorry a little cold." Chace said.

"Want some coffee?" I asked Troy.

"No." he said sitting down.

I sat down next to him.

"So what is Chace right? Doing here?" Troy asked me.

"Chace um... he uh..." I started.

"She fainted and I gave her a ride home." Chace said.

"You fainted." Troy asked me.

"Yeah, I was exhausted. Can we do breakfast another time?" I asked him.

"You sure?" he asked me.

I nodded.

"Okay." he said and kissed my lip.

Chace looked away and then got up.

"Well, I better get home." Chace said.

I pulled away from Troy.

"Thank you for giving me a ride. Do you have a way to get home?" I asked him.

"I can walk." he said and walked himself to the door.

"Thanks for everything Chace." Troy said holding my hand tightly.

"Sure." Chace said and walked out closing the door behind him.

Troy looked at me with angry eyes.

"I'm glad you're here." I said to him.

"You're hair's wet, you didn't sleep with him did you?" he asked.

"No, I just took a shower." I said to him shaking my head.

He put a finger in front of my face.

"Don't lie to me did you, or did you not sleep with him!" he yelled.

"I didn't sleep with him. I was at work!" I cried his hand growing tighter around my wrist.

He got up abruptly.

"I don't like your job, you should quit." he said.

"I'm not going to quit." I said to him standing up.

"It's not worth it." he said to me.

"I love my job. I'm not quiting I don't care what you say." I said to him.

He growled and then slapped my face. I fell onto the couch holding my cheek and cried and look at him. He grabbed my arm and pointed his finger in my face.

"You stay away from that Chace!" he yelled.

I nodded.

"Okay." I cried sniffling.

He pushed away and then walked to the door.

"I'll call you later." he said and left my house slamming the door.

I held my burning cheek crying and curled myself up into a ball on my couch.