Status: On going story. Star Wars fanfiction; sexual situations, violence.

The Channel

Chapter 14

Selera stood up straight and adjusted her posture, heaving a heavy sigh. She checked the mirror to assure her hair and makeup were perfect. Her back felt better, as Maul said it would. She left Maul in her room and made her way to the main entrance. On the way, she clouded her thoughts just as a bell rang

She took a heavy sigh, put on a happy face, smoothed the front of her dress, and opened the door.

Obiwan looked exquisite. Selera smiled broadly when she saw him: she had not known what Jedi wore for formal wear, but the contrast of black and silver-grey robes was magnificent. He appeared to be quite taken with her appearance as well. He smiled a response.

"Are you ready, My Lady?" he asked.

"Yes," she answered as she stepped through the door. He escorted her to his waiting shuttle. Qui Gon sat inside waiting for them to return. Selera was a bit surprised to see the senior Jedi there.

"Good evening, Master Qui Gon," she said bowing her head slightly and performing an elegant curtsy.

"Good evening, Selera," he said with a pleasant smile. Unlike Obiwan, Qui Gon seemed less interested in her appearance. Selera sat herself across from the Jedi Knight. Obiwan sat near Selera, making sure he was not touching her.

"So what are your plans for the evening?" he asked them both. He seemed to be aware of the fact that such political events could be terribly boring.

"We had planned on going to dinner at the Cotillion," Obiwan began," but the political discussions do not hold much interest for Lady Selera and I thought we might go do something a little more to her liking after the meal," Obiwan answered.

Qui Gon nodded an approval." Keep to the better parts of the city around the Senate and don't take her anywhere you wouldn't take her uncle, understood?" He raised an eyebrow.

Obiwan nodded his response.

The ride to the Senate where the cotillion was being held was not a far trip at all. As they all exited the shuttled and entered the Senate, Selera felt her chest tighten and her stomach turn as she entertained the prospect of going into the room with so many strangers. She didn't know what to expect.

"There will be some familiar faces there. If we are lucky at all, we will be seated with others that you know," Obiwan answered her question.

"Not likely," Selera answered," I haven't been on this planet long enough to know more than Senators' aides and a few Jedi."

"Just a few Jedi have you met?" It was Yoda. Selera got the distinct impression that he was waiting for them."Remedy this we must," he answered -- a small glint in his eye. Selera smiled. For some reason, she liked the little green man.

"And do you propose to introduce me to the rest of the Jedi ranks, Master Yoda?" she asked the diminutive Jedi master."Oh, I forgot, you are still trying to help the Senator get me married off, aren't you?" she joked.

"To help the Senator, our best we do," he answered, bowing low. Selera laughed and looked at Obiwan. He also had a smile on his lips.

Selera thought that Yoda used his size and disability to his advantage to disarm any one he might perceive as a potential enemy. She wondered if he considered her one.

"Master Yoda," Obiwan began,"if you would excuse us, we must find our table before they announce dinner."

"Of course," Yoda responded, stepping aside. Qui Gon stayed behind with Yoda. Selera and Obiwan looked at him in question. The Jedi knight just motioned them on without him. Obiwan moved on, being careful not to touch Selera, while at the same time trying to guide her to where he believed their seating was.

On the way, they were stopped once again. This time the Senator came over to them.

"Good evening," he greeted them warmly."I was wondering if you were going to get here before the first course." Selera was careful to keep her feelings of anger and fear well behind her busy thoughts. Her stomach still turned at the site of him.

"Yes, actually, we made it in plenty of time, we just keep running into people," Selera offered as an explanation.

"Are you all right?" Obiwan asked, sensing her physical reaction.

"Yes, I'm just not comfortable around large crowds of people," she responded, covering her real feelings on the matter.

"Selera, My Dear," Palpatine began,"I'm afraid these affairs are terribly long and I am obligated to stay far later than you need to. I honestly doubt I will even make it home much before dawn." He then looked to Obiwan."When ever she is ready to go, please see to it that she arrives home safely."

"I will, Senator," Obiwan replied respectfully. At that moment, Qui Gon appeared at Obiwan's elbow.

"Good evening, Senator," the Jedi knight said. "I trust you are doing well this evening?"

Palpatine nodded. "Yes, very well, thank you," he responded. "Although these events can tax even the most seasoned of us."

"Yes, they do that," Qui Gon responded blandly. He looked to Obiwan and Selera. "I found our seats," he said, gesturing for them to follow him.

"Oh good, shall we go find them?" Obiwan said to Selera gesturing in the same direction as Qui Gon. It was less of a question than a direction. Selera smiled as pleasantly at Palapatine as she could muster before following the two men to their table.

Selera had to work hard to keep from brushing up against certain people in the crowd. She knew there were many Jedi at this particular function and she was very careful not to allow even an article of clothing touch them. At least Jedi are easy to pick out, she thought to herself behind her busy thoughts. She then wondered if someone who was gifted with the force without any training would be able to draw her visions from her. She didn't know and didn't want to find out at that time, so she made an even greater effort to not touch anyone in the crowd.

They no more than made it to their seats, than the event was called to begin. Obiwan pulled out Selera's chair to help her get seated before sitting down himself. Selera watched patiently as there was a certain amount of pomp and ritual required before dinner was actually served.

It was not something she had ever witnessed, but her vision experiences with Maul and Palpatine allowed a certain amount familiarity on what was taking place and the history behind it.

By the time they reached the sixth course, Selera felt as if she were going to burst. She'd spent so much time talking to the dignitaries at the table, that she neglected to meter her food intake. The stays of her dress were digging into her sides and she found herself wishing the dress weren't quite so fitted. Selera knew there would be no way for her to actually dance without losing her entire meal on the dance floor -- that would be quite an embarrassment.

For the remaining two courses, Selera took token bites of each. When the meal finally concluded, everyone retired to the dance area. Obiwan held back until everyone at the table had left.

"Master," he addressed Qui Gon," I believe the Lady Selera would rather not dance so I thought we might depart."

"Yes, that is fine," Qui Gon responded," Remember what I told you."

"Yes, Master," Obiwan said as he stood from his seat. Obiwan pulled Selera's chair out for her and gestured for her to lead the way.

"I am absolutely miserable," Selera said, placing a hand on her upper abdomen as they walked out of the dining hall.

"Yes," Obiwan commented," I'm in a similar condition." Selera looked at him and smiled, seeing the discomfort on his face. She sighed in hopes of expanding her midsection enough to accommodate the excessive food, to no avail.

"Why don't we go walk some of this off?" he suggested.

Selera nodded," Only if we go real slow," she suggested.

"I don't think we need to win any foot races this evening," he said as they stopped at the foot of a tall staircase leading to an upper level.

Selera looked at the length of the staircase and then back to Obiwan. She was not sure this was what she had in mind when she wanted to walk off her dinner.

"There are some private areas upstairs if you would like to get away from the crowd," he suggested. Selera was not sure how secluded they were, but she did get up the stairs a little quicker than she'd originally thought herself capable.

Obiwan walked her around the different areas on the floor, showing some of the senate chambers before landing in what appeared to be a small meeting room. It had a table with eight chairs around it and some visual equipment for what seemed to be for presentations. Obiwan shut the door behind them and there was a very awkward moment as they looked at one another.

At this time, Selera let go of any pretense and moved directly to Obiwan. Her hands went to the sides of his head and her mouth covered his -- she was attempting as bold a seduction as she could manage. As soon as they made contact, she entertained the visions she was so accustomed to having during contact with anyone able to use the Force.

Obiwan's hands went to her waist, gently touching her. She sensed he had no idea of how to proceed, but his mouth sought hers out as eagerly as she wanted him. His desire was as palpable as her own, but he was obviously inexperienced. Selera pressed her body against his and he drew his arms around her, bringing her closer. Selera let out a small noise in her throat expressing her need for more than just his mouth.

Selera began backing away from him, but he closed the gap, moving toward her to maintain their contact. She moved back several times until she found the table. Removing her arms from around his neck, she pulled her skirts up high enough to sit back on the table without sitting on her skirts. She gently took one of Obiwan's hands with her own and moved it to her thigh that was now exposed. Her skirts were a jumble in her lap and on the table.

Obiwan wasted no time in exploring this new region made available to him. Still firmly locked in their introductory kiss, his hands moved the excess material of her skirts out of his way and began stroking her thighs, moving up her skirts even further to her hips as he greeted other areas of her anatomy.

Selera opened her legs and slipped them around his hips allowing him closer access to her body. Without the extra material from her skirts between them, she sensed he was ready to consummate their desire right there.

Selera broke off her kiss and threw her head back. Obiwan then attacked her neck with his mouth and teeth.

"No," Selera heard herself say. Obiwan did not respond. "No, Obiwan," she said. He paused; she could feel him get himself back into some semblance of control.

"Not here," she said, out of breath," not like this," she explained. Take me home, she thought, We will have plenty of time and freedom there. And she pictured the two of them in her own room completing the act. If Obiwan refused to go, she doubted she could have resisted him: her own body was more than willing to finish right there on the table.

He worked even harder to withdraw; she was amazed at his control. He took his hands from her body and stepped back, smoothing his hair and licking his lips, once again managing himself. Selera slipped off the table and let her skirts drop once again. She took his hand, feeling the draw of energy from her again. Take me home, she thought.

Obiwan wasted no time in getting Selera out of the building and hailing a chauffeured shuttle. The shuttle pilot was flying them toward Palpatine's apartment, while Obiwan sat in the back. Selera had straddled his lap and they were once again locked in a kiss. Obiwan quickly figured out that his hands were allowed any where on her body and he took extensive advantage of the situation.

For being so inexperienced, Selera thought he had a remarkable knowledge of female anatomy. He slid one hand between her legs, moving her undergarments out of his way to reach the object of his desire: she was ready for him and the sensation she felt was complete lack of control. She slipped into his mind and could not see past his desire for her own body -- he had succumbed completely to it as well.

She worked at his breeches, getting them open just enough for her to consummate their joining even before they reached her apartment. It was not a moment and Obiwan finished, sharing with her all his own personal experiences through the visions. But with his finish, a whole different truth was revealed to her.

Maul and Palpatine were either much better at hiding things from her, or they simply didn't know the truth. And the mental imprint that Maul had made upon her mind didn't appear to make any difference to Obiwan. He seemed most understanding.

In those fleeting moments, Selera realized she did not have to be anyone's slave: Palpatine must have known this. Her certain gift made her what was known as an innocent: neither dark nor light. Palpatine could not control her -- he knew that. Likewise, the Jedi council could not order her to do anything against her will. But how to continue with this knowledge?
she thought, still swimming behind her visions and busy thoughts to hide her true intentions.

Obiwan was resting his head against her chest, still breathing hard, with his arms wrapped tightly around her ribs. She waited a moment to let him regain his composure before calling his name. The constant flow of visions was making her disoriented, but she touched his mind with her before she spoke.

"Obiwan," she said quietly. He nodded his acknowledgement with his head still buried on her chest.

"I need to talk to someone," she said.

"Then talk," he answered into her bodice, the heat from his breath warming her breast. He began to relax and shifted to get more comfortable in her embrace, allowing her to take him where she would through her vision state. Selera smiled, reached up with her hands and pulled his head from her chest. Gazing upon in his face, the look he carried was of complete euphoria. She leaned down and kissed him gently on his mouth.

"We cannot return to my place," she answered," We must go somewhere else."

"Why not," he answered, still in is drunk-like stupor, "The Senator said he would not be there all night."

"Yes, but someone else is," she brought forth and image of Darth Maul cutting Obiwan's heart out. This startled Obiwan from his blissful state, regaining his Jedi composure. He discontinued pulling the force through her and looked up into her face.

"I need to talk to someone," she repeated. His eyes wandered as he thought.

"Qui Gon will know," he answered. Suddenly he looked back at her with a puzzled look on his face.

"Why would you do such a thing?" he answered, a look of betrayal crept over his face.

"I didn't want to," she answered, her chest tightened almost painfully and she swallowed. "And I'm not going to." She knew the possible consequences of her not following her master's last order, but she was not going to see the young man to his death if she could help it.

Obiwan relaxed as he read her thoughts. "You think your master may kill you in response?" he asked.

Selera nodded as she pulled away from Obiwan, settling her skirts back around her ankles. Obiwan quickly fixed his clothes and walked to the pilot's cabin, giving him new instructions. When he returned, they stood and stared at one another momentarily.

"Take my hand, Obiwan," she said, reaching out to him. He complied, and pulled the force through her body where she flew into the visions and back to the cotillion: she saw everyone, including Palpatine, being careful not to make him aware of her presence. She focused in on Jedi High Council member Master Yoda, who was also with Qui Gon and sought their thoughts. They were definitely aware of her, greeting both her and Obiwan silently. Yoda sent her away with a message to meet them at the council chambers. Obiwan let go of her hand, releasing her from the visions.

"I thought you wanted to avoid going before the Jedi Council?" Obiwan asked.

"Well, My Friend, things have changed since we last met," Selera answered." I was not going to stand by and watch a friend die at the hand of my master. Especially if I could prevent it." She looked into his eyes. "All will be revealed in time." She wrung her hands at the thought that she would have even contemplated taking Obiwan to his death. She withdrew from him and sat down, turning to the window.

Obiwan took a moment to inform the shuttle pilot of their second change in destination and then returned, taking a seat next to Selera. He reached out and caressed her arm again. Selera shrank from his touch.

"I can't imagine your wanting to be with me now," she said.

"Actually, I'm drawn to you even more," he answered," and grateful for what you did. But I'm left wondering what changed your mind?" he answered, apparently reading her thoughts.

Selera looked back at him, studying his face."Do you honestly have to ask that?" She made her feelings for him very clear, but also wondered if any potential relationship was now ruined.

"Not yet," he answered. "Not unless you still deliver me up to be killed."

Selera managed a weak smile. "No, I won't be will be doing that. But right now I need to speak to Master Yoda."