Status: HIATUS

The Dreamer

Step One: Get my butt to the land of possibilities - America.
Status: Check.

Step Two: Get a place to stay.
Status: Check.

Step Three: Keep it a secret from the parents.
Status: Check.

Step Four: Get a job, any job in the well-known, cut-throat business - the Movies.
Status: Check.

Step Five: Get yourself connected.
Status: In-Production.

Step Six: Get another job for support.
Status: Check.

Step Seven: Learn about the gadgets involved in making a film & the way the industry works.
Status: In-Production.

Step Eight: Make a movie (short or feature) / music video
Status: Unknown.

Step Nine: Get discovered as a director.
Status: Unknown.

Step Ten: Get to know a handsome actor and if lucky enough, sparks may fly.
Status: You Wish!

Madison Lim stared at the piece of paper which was securely pinned on the notice board before her. Thoughts of checking off everything on the list seem impossible for the 22 year old, half-American, half-Chinese. If only I could snap my fingers and everything would come true.

This is the tale of a dreamer who wanted to make it big in the land of Hollywood. If only things are easy but life is just like a rollercoaster ride - there are its ups and downs. Hence, its called a journey of a lifetime. Love, lies, friendship and self-esteem are only the few issues Maddie has to deal with while she tries to survive in the not-so-nice city.

Author's Note:I do not know any of the celebrities mentioned in the story, especially Shia LaBeouf. This is purely a fictional work.