Don't Make This Easy, I Want You to Mean It.

Twenty-six.

"We're hitting up the big leagues tonight, ladies!" Alex exclaimed, grinning. Marissa and I were still stood in front of the mirror in the bathroom of Alex and I's room, finishing up our make up for the night ahead.
"And where would the big leagues entail?" I giggled as he wrapped his arm around me from behind, kissing my cheek quickly.
"Not a clue, I just always wanted to say it," he replied, grin extending further.
"You're such an idiot," I told him, turning around in his arms and kissing him softly. "Now get out, we're making ourselves pretty and you're distracting me."
"Don't to-"
"Don't tone myself down, I know. Now go!" I told him, shooing him out of the door. He laughed once again before leaving the room in search of Jack.
"He's right, you know," Marissa commented, while still applying eyeliner.
"Who is?" I asked absentmindedly, returning to my own make up.
"Jack."
"How so?"
"You two are stupidly in love with each other."
"Mm-hmm, sure we are," I replied, still not fully comprehending the conversation. I picked up the liquid eyeliner, stopping suddenly in the middle of unscrewing the lid. "Wait. Jack got to you, too?"
"No, you and Alex did."
"Marissa! You're supposed to be on my side!" I groaned.
"You say it like it's a bad thing you're in love with him! Christ, Jasey, it's the best thing ever!"
"Not when he doesn't love me, or if the relationship goes to shit," I retorted, going back to my make up. This conversation was starting to bore me; my second best friend had now given in to the other best friend's ideas. I was not impressed. Plus, the boys were waiting for us next door.
"Not going to happen. He loves you just as much as you love him, and this relationship doesn't show any sign of failing yet."
"Marissa, if you're expecting me to turn to you and confess my love for Alex, it isn't going to happen. You and Jack are my best friends, I tell you guys everything, if I haven't told you this, then it obviously isn't true."
"Jack thinks you're denying it because Alex won't admit it. Alex is scared to admit he fell for someone, that someone has that much hold over him: it's you all over, Jase. I know you; you're scared to be rejected, to end up heartbroken like other people you've known. It won't happen, I swear."
"Marissa, can we just drop this? I'm not in love with him, I can't be. I just want a good night out in Vegas without you or Jack pestering me and Alex about this, okay? Can you do that for me?" She sighed.
"Fine, but I will back Jack up every time he mentions it from now on. He has a point." I rolled my eyes and shoved my make up away in the bag. Marissa had been done since she had finished her eyeliner, and had been stood looking at me while I finished mine and protested.
"Come on, the boys are waiting."

"Oh, my God. Hollyyy!" A drunken Alex slurred. "I lost my wallet," he pouted.
"Alex, I have your wallet in my back pocket," I giggled back, just as drunk as he. He reached round and felt in my back pocket for said item and grinned sloppily at me when he found it.
"My safe place." Jack and Marissa had left the casino two hours before Alex and myself and were probably fast asleep by now, knowing we had to be checked out of the hotel before 1 and on the road as early as possible to reach Baltimore at a semi-decent hour. Alex and Jack had already planned to stay at the apartment with us the night we returned so they didn't have to wake their parents. I was going to need a serious amount of caffeine to get me through that day. "What did I do to deserve someone as good as you?" He asked me as I helped him get his shoes off and into bed, struggling a lot more than I should have done. I stripped down to my underwear, too lazy to change into my pajamas.
"What did I do to deserve someone as amazing as you?" I replied.
"I'm seriousss!" He whined, pouting as I got into bed next to him, grabbing me softly and pulling me close to him.
"And what makes you think I'm not?"
"Because you don't love me," he mumbled. My heart stopped beating and my breath caught in my throat. I could tell him right now, couldn't I? No, of course I couldn't. It would be stupid.
"What's that got to do with it?"
"Because I love you." My heart went from barely beating to overdrive in 0.5 seconds. He didn't just say that, did he? He couldn't have. No matter what, he was drunk. You love everyone when you're drunk. That's all there is to it.
"Alex, don't be so stupid. You don't love me," I laughed.
"I aren't! I'm completely in love with you, Holly. I have been for so long now."
"Alex, stop it. You're not."
"I'm serious, Hols. I'd marry you right here and now if you'd have me," he told me, not blinking as he looked me in the eye. "I. Love. You."
"Tell me again in the morning and I'll believe you."
"I'm not saying this because I'm drunk. I mean it," he said, stifling a yawn. He was going to pass out any second now.
"Go to sleep, Alex."
"M'kay," he replied, eyes drooping. "I love you, Holly." His eyes shut and I knew he was asleep.
"I love you too, Alex," I whispered, cuddling up next to him and falling asleep myself.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sometimes I wish I'd made them turn around and say, "hey, you, I love you. Love me too."
Anyway, to the point.
I've had about 7 essays that have been due in the past couple of weeks.
They're out of the way now, so I should probably be updating more often, though not daily.
And I miss comments. Er, *hint hint*.