Sequel: Can You Find Me?

Seasons.

Jealous Boy.

I watched as John turned the street corner. Tonight was a good night. It didn’t turn out badly like John thought it was going to. It was a nice calm night. We laid there as he wrapped his arm around me and stroked my hair. It felt like we’ve known each other forever. I felt comfortable with him. If it were any other guy that I had met not that long ago, I wouldn’t have let him be that close to me. I’d get scared and jump.

We talked about random things. About memories that John had with Stephen when they were younger. I told him some stories about me and Carson. It was just a nice time. I didn’t think we were going to see that much meteors but there was quite a lot. But that didn’t matter because the ones that we saw were beautiful.

John pulled up on the curb of my house, and shut off the car. He looked at me and smiled before taking off his seatbelt. “Did you have a nice time tonight?” He asked like it was a movie. Totally cheesy, but that didn’t mind. I usually get tired of cheesy romantics because that’s all there is in this world. But, John made it look good.

“Yes,” I smirked. “And you were all worried that it was going to be shit.”

“Yeah. . .” He sighed. “I’m sorry about that. I shouldn’t have doubted it, or even had brought it up. I should have just let the night unfold by itself to see how it would go.”

I nodded turning from him. I took off my seatbelt, opening the door of the car. I hoped out of the car, not even remembering what time it was. I knew that me and John were out there for a couple hours and I was curious to see what went on while we were gone. I put my hands in the pockets of Stephen’s sweater and walked around the car.

I followed John up the sidewalk. He kept looking back to see if I was still there. That’s something that I like about John. He tries his best to know that you’re still there, that you’re not going to leave his side. I’m guessing he’s one of those people who like the fact that someone’s there with them and they don’t like being alone. That’s alright though, because I don’t like being alone either.

I walked down the stone path, coming to the porch. John stopped awkwardly and turned around to look at me. “Ugh. . .” He started. “I don’t know how this is going to work out. I mean usually on a date a guy drops the girl off then they have that awkward goodbye at the doorstep. I don’t know how that’s going to work out since I’m sleeping here tonight.”

I laughed. “So this was a date?”

“Well -” John stopped. “I mean I don’t know. It didn’t have to be if you don’t want it to be. Fuck, here’s the awkward part on the door step. Fuck my life!”

“John. . .” I looked him and sighed. “If I tell you this, you won’t laugh right?”

“No,” He shook his head back and forth. “I won’t laugh.”

I shrugged. “I wanted it to be a date because I’ve never been on a date before. Well, I mean like a legit date. No one has ever asked me or anything. So, yeah.”

“Awe!” John cooed pulling me closer to him and wrapping me in a hug. We just stayed in a hug position until I heard something and then the door flew wide open. Josh stood in the door way looking at us.

“Well, well, well. . .” Josh crossed his arms. “What do we have here?”

“Ugh. . .” I pulled away from John and looked at Josh awkwardly. I didn’t do anything. I just walked away from John and around Josh into the house. I slipped off my shoes listening to Josh behind me. “Nice one bud!” I heard him laugh and then a slap of John and Josh’s hands hit each other.

I walked down the hallway ‘till I got to the door for the basement. I opened the door and walked down the dark stairway. I could hear laughter coming from the living room area down there. I walked into the living room to see everyone sitting down on the couches and or floor. Taylor and Jess were on one couch, Carson and an empty spot for Josh I’m guessing on the other.

I didn’t notice Ali anywhere, but Stephen was sitting on the floor between Hannah and Brian. I walked to the back of one of the couches and didn’t recognize the movie that they were watching. “Hey guys. . .” I said awkwardly. Jess and Taylor were the only ones who noticed me standing there.

“Hey Jordan,” Taylor smirked. “How’d your date with John go?”

“Fine. . .” I looked around awkwardly.

Brian turned around and smiled. “So, it was a date? ‘Cause John wasn’t too sure about that.”

“You guys didn’t kiss right?” Carson asked. “Please tell me you didn’t!”

“Why does it matter?” I asked.

“So you did kiss him!” Brian hopped up on his feet. “John kissed Jordan!”

“No, I didn’t kiss him. . .” I sighed.

“Yeah, I believe her.” Carson looked at Brian. “She has no experience.”

I punched him in the arm. “Fuck off!”

“Would you like me to teach you?” Taylor asked, with a wink coming my way. I raised my eyebrow in disgust. I shook my head and he just laughed. I turned around to the noise of people walking down the stairs. Josh and John were now holding drinks in their hands.

“I’m going to go to bed. . .” I sighed. “I’m tired. What time is it?”

“It’s like three in the morning.” Josh said behind me.

“Shit, I need to go home.” Hannah said getting up from the ground and Stephen got up with her. “I’ll take you home then.” Stephen said.

“Stephen and I are going to have a slumber party with you tonight in your room, k?” Jess smiled getting up from the couch and walking over to me.

“Alright,” I smirked. “Where’s everyone else sleeping?”

“John and Taylor will sleep out here on the couches,” Jess replied. “Me, you and Stephen in your bed. Carson and Josh in their beds and then Brian sleeps on the floor.”

“Fuck, why do I always have to sleep on the floor?” Brian groaned.

“’Cause you’re lame.” Jess smiled walking out of the living room and down the hallway. I watched as she was heading for my room. I just giggled a little. It was amusing to watch them pick on Brian even though I knew he didn’t deserve it.

“Cars,” I looked at him. “Can I borrow some of your boxers?”

“Why?” John asked. I looked back at him awkwardly. He looked at Carson then at me. I don’t know but I was getting the sense that he was either jealous or worried.

“Um. . .” Carson looked at John. “It’s ok dude, she always does.”

John shook his head and laughed. “Sorry, I don’t know. I was just shooting words.”

I bit my lip and nodded. “Alrighty then. I’m going to go and get changed for bed.”

I turned around awkwardly, not understanding why John seemed jealous. I mean it’s Carson. Carson could never ever like me and I could never like him. I shook my head walking all the way to the end of the hallway to Josh and Carson’s room. I opened the door walking into the messy room that smelled like boys.

I walked to Carson’s bed and hopped over it to the dresser beside his bed where all of his clothes were. I grabbed a hold of the handle on the top drawer and pulled it open. I grabbed a pair of red and black plaid boxers and shut the drawer. I put the boxers on the bed and began to take off my pants.

I tugged my pants off of my ankles and put them on the floor. I grabbed the boxers and slipped them on. I bent down to pick up my pants. I hopped back over the bed and opened the door of Carson and Josh’s room. I couldn’t see anyone but I could still hear them talking in the living room. “The show tomorrow is going to be insane!” I heard Josh say from the living room.

“Fuck!” I heard Taylor groan. “I need to get some merch packed up for the show tomorrow eh? It’s all laying out in my room right now because I was doing some counting.”

I shook my head, knocking on my door lightly to see if I could go in there. “Yeah, hold on!” I heard Jess say from the other side of the door. I stood there in the dark hallway waiting for her to open the door. Moments later, she opened the door in some pj’s that she must have left here from the many times she’s slept here before.

I walked into my room, hearing the door shut behind me. I walked over to my bed and sat down on it. I knew that Jess and Stephen were going to ask about my night, but I knew I was going to ask about theirs. I want to know if Carson was still being an asshole and I wanted to know what went on between Hannah and Stephen.

“So what happened?” Jess smiled sitting on the bed next to me.

This was odd. Really odd for me. I don’t usually have girl’s as friends. I never get to talk about how hot a boy is, or about clothes. I don’t know, but this feels weird to me. It’s nice for a change though. Since I can’t talk about that stuff with Carson really, I had to write it down in a book. But having Jess is going to be a nice change.

Something else that was weird is that I actually have a boy to talk about with her. I smiled to myself, feeling my face begin to heat up. I could feel myself blushing. I looked away from her and said, “Don’t you think we should wait until Stephen gets back?”

Jess looked at the ground and shrugged. “I guess you’re right.”

“Am I going to be hearing a lot about went down here?” I asked.

“Well, you’re going to hear about Stephen and Hannah.” She looked up at me. “We were sitting on the roof, but they weren’t with us. They sat on the shed roof by themselves. So I don’t really know what went down and I didn’t want to ask with her right there. So I need to figure out what went down with them.”

“Where’s Ali?” I asked. “Why did she go home?”

“You’ll see. . .” Jess laughed.

I smirked. “I can’t wait to gossip. It’s going to be a nice change.”
♠ ♠ ♠
WOOT :).