Sequel: Can You Find Me?

Seasons.

Slushies.

Carson chucked me the keys. I grabbed them slightly, before they were about to touch the ground. I walked over Brian's legs that were stretched out in front of him. All I heard when I was exiting the room was, get me this or get me that. I felt my stomach acting up again. I think it's about being nervous, since I don't know these people at all. It's not that I'm scared. I think it's more of a feeling of acting like an idiot around them.

I walked down the hallway, following behind Jess and John behind me. I turned a left, walking up the stairs, and into the entrance way of the house. I looked to my right to see my dad sitting on the couch with a beer watching the sports channel. "Where you guys off to?" He asked casually.

"We're going to the store," I told him. "We'll be back soon."

"Alright," He nodded getting back to his show.

I slid on my shoes, and waited as they put on theirs. I opened the door and walked out onto the porch. Even though it was dusk now, and it was getting darker, doesn't mean that the heat went away. It's not as hot as it was when I arrived, but it's still steamy out here. I sighed, shaking my head.

I walked down the stairs, and onto the stone path of our front yard. I walked over to Carson's car, still thinking it looked retarded compared to my dads. I shoved the key into the lock on the side of the drivers door since it didn't have anything fancy and automatic. I opened the door, and pressed the button making the other doors open.

I sat down in the drivers seat, putting my belt on. I watched carefully, seeing who would sit beside me. I breathed in and out, my hands becoming hot. This was weird and awkward. I usually hated myself for this. I hated acting weird around people I just met. It's always like that. I'm weird, or I act like a total bitch. I don't know which ones worse.

I watched as Jess walked around the front of the car and headed for the passenger seat door. I let out a big breathe, blinking quickly. I don't know why I had this feeling of John. It's like if I were to do something wrong, or to be near him - it would turn out bad. I don't know anyone yet though. I shouldn't be to quick to judge, but I've always been that way.

I heard the door on the opposite side of me in the back open. I glared back seeing John sit down in the seat shutting the door and putting his seat belt on. Jess did the same, and then it got really awkward. I watched as Johns eyes trailed across the back seat landing on Carson's guitar that was on the opposite side of him.

"Does he play?" He asked me.

I giggled slightly. "Didn't you hear him inside? He can't play anything. He's been trying to play that, but failing."

"Hm. . ." John didn't take his eyes off of the guitar. "I could teach him possibly."

"You play?" I asked.

"He does," Jess cut in. "He plays for our band."

"Sweet," I nodded, turning my focus from John to the front.

I put the key in the ignition and turned on the car. For some reason, the car always made a grumbling noise when you turn it on, but then it dies down. Carson's older brother Nate gave him this car before he went off to college. And I'm pretty sure it used to be Carson and Nate's cousins or something like that. All that I know is that it has been traveled down the family chain.

Jess laughed. "My car does the same thing."

"This car is so damn old," I informed her. "I'm surprised it still even runs."

I looked back, seeing if there was anything behind me. I seemed to be looking at John in the corner of my eye though. He was playing with his finger, an adorable smirk on his face. He turned his head, looking out the window as I backed out of the driveway. I turned onto the road, not sure of where I was going.

"Where's the store?" I asked awkwardly.

"Oh right!" Jess laughed. "I forgot you didn't live here."

"Ugh," John said from the back. "Just go down this street and take a right then we'll tell you what to do from there."

I nodded driving down the road in complete silence. I looked over seeing if there was any Cd's that I could put on. I grabbed a random CD of Carson's and put it in. I didn't know who it was, but nor did I care. All I wanted was the silence to go away. I was to used to silence, and I didn't like it.

Silence was a big part of my life. Especially when my mom would travel into the city for the night to stay at a friends or something - which happened allot. I'd stay in my room late at night because I couldn't focus on sleep. I could hear the screams and laughter haunting me from the days at school as I sat there in the silence in the complete dark. Oh how I hated those nights with a passion.

"Third eye blind," Jess smiled. "Good choice."

"I don't really listen to them much," I shrugged. "It's more of a Carson thing."

"I see," Jess nodded turning up the volume. "They're still an amazing band."

I listened as Jess sang along to the lyrics. It was only the music and her voice that I could hear at first. Then I heard John hum to the song lightly, but his hum became into more of a sing. They sang the song together as the music played. I listened to John's voice carefully noticing it was delicate and nice. A smooth sound. I could feel my face getting red for no apparent reason.

I turned at the street that I was supposed to coming to a very long road. "Just go down this road and I'll tell you when to turn." John said from the back. After he informed me, he went right back into singing the song. I drove steady as they sang. This felt like we've known each other forever minus the awkwardness at the back of my mind.

Jess put out her arm, turning down the music a little bit. She turned around to look at John. "John, do you think we should show her the real Scottsdale. Not the dumb heat and the inside of Josh's house."

"Don't you think they'd wonder where we are?" John asked.

"Fuck them," Jess said. "They're probably caught up with video games and talking about girls or shit ass music that's not even good."

"True. . ." John replied. "I don't mind going."

"Alright," Jess smiled turning back over to me. "Do you think Carson would get mad if I drive his car? Since you wouldn't know where to go if we took you."

I looked over at her. "Dude, he let his thirteen year old sister drive his car. I highly doubt he would mind if you drive it. It's not like it would matter if you crashed it anyways."

Jess smiled. "I'll try not to."

"Are we still going to stop at the store?" I asked.

"Yeah," She replied. "We need to switch drivers, and I'm dying for like a hefty ass blue slushie or something like that right now."

"Ah dude," John sighed in the back. "You got me wanting one now too."

-

I parked the car in a parking spot at this little gas station. I don't know why it took so long to get here. I'm guessing it's because my dad lives in a suburb. I turned off the car but kept the keys in the ignition. I took off my seat belt and got out of the car. Jess and John got out of the car and began to walk towards the gas station. I just followed along.

John pulled open the door, letting Jess go in before him. I was sure that he was just going to shut the door and walk in, but he just smirked at me and let me walk in. I smiled, following Jess into the store.

It looked like any normal corner store gas station. A middle aged man stood behind the counter wearing a blue shirt. He looked pissed off and that he hated his job. I could pretty much see his beer belly sticking out of his shirt. The stubble on his face was growing by the second, and it looked like he was about to go to sleep.

"Fuck yes!" John smiled like a child heading towards the slushie machine.

"These might seem like normal gas station slushies," Jess looked at me. "But for some reason, they're always the best here."

John grabbed a big cup out and smiled at it. He put it under the cherry slushie machine and pulled a lever down. Out of the hole came loads of slushie. John watched it as it over flowed the top his cup. He laughed, turning the lever up and putting a lid over it. I watched as Jess made hers, wondering what kind I should get.

I grabbed a cup, putting it under the lime. I pulled down the lever, watching it pour into the cup until it got to the top. I pulled the lever back, and put a lid over top of the cup. I grabbed a straw, and shoved it in the whole of the lid. I walked over to the cash, wondering if I brought money or not. Shit.

I dug into my pockets, and worried look on my face. I'd feel like such an idiot if I had to go dump this out or something like that because I had no money. I could hear someone giggling. I looked up to see John looking down at me. "No money?" He asked.

My face turned red. "Well, I didn't know that I didn't bring it and I thought that I was go-"

"Jordan!" John stopped me in my words. "I'll pay for it, it's fine."

"I'll pay you back later, I promise." I notified him.

"It's fine," He smiled. "It's only like a dollar something."

John grabbed my slushie from my hand, and walked up to the cash. I noticed that Jess had already payed for hers, and was standing there slurping away. I stood there awkwardly as John payed for our drinks. He shoved his change into his pocket, and turned around to face me and Jess.

"Ready to see something that might actually make you like Arizona?" Jess asked.

"It's fucking sick," John smiled. "In a good way."
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, just a short boring update.
The next one will be longer :]

Fuck, I keep changing the layout.
I'll keep it like this I think though.