Use Somebody

Fifteen.

After getting lunch (and not talking through most of it), Jordan decided to bring Abigail to her therapist. It wasn't exactly time for her appointment but he felt he could plead a case that would get her an earlier time. So once he pulled up to the office he told her to wait in the car while he ran inside and talked to the receptionist. On a brilliant stroke of luck, the patient that was supposed to have an appointment in 10 minutes cancelled and Dr. Oaks agreed to see Abigail. Upon hearing the news, Jordan walked back out to his truck and opened up the passenger seat. Abigail was sitting inside, staring out the windshield.

"Dr. Oaks said she'd take you now," Jordan told her. Abigail merely blinked and unbuckled herself, turning around and hopping down from the truck. Jordan sighed and climbed back into the car, watching as Abigail entered the building.

Jordan wondered what happened to Abigail more than anything now. He just couldn't understand how she could go from seemingly fine, to a wreck in mere seconds. He had thought of everything possibility of what could have happened to her to make her act in such a way, but he was continually drawing blanks. He wanted so badly to ask her, but he knew that would just set her off again. And since Marc didn't seem like he was going to tell him anytime soon he was left in the dark.

Forty-five minutes later Abigail emerged from the office building looking no better than she had going in. Her eyes were bloodshot and he knew she must have spent a good portion of those forty-five minutes crying. She got in the car and didn't say a word as she buckled her seatbelt.

"Ready to go?" Jordan attempted a conversation; but he got nothing. He sighed deeply and put the car in reverse, backing out of the spot and making his way home.

Jordan pulled into the driveway and before he could even put the car in park, Abigail had already unbuckled her seatbelt and was heading to the backyard. The driveway was empty, indicating they were now the only two home and Jordan couldn't help but be a little thankful for that- maybe this was his chance to finally get some answers from Abigail. After shutting the car off, he quickly followed into the backyard grabbing her forearm before she could reach the door. She had gotten to the tree they had sat at a few nights before when he finally reached her.

"Are you okay?" He asked her.

"No," she said simply, her voice and face both void of emotion.

"What's the matter?" He inquired.

"Nothing," she replied.

"There's obviously something wrong Abby," he pressed on, hoping he wasn't pushing too many buttons.

"There's nothing wrong Jordan," she said through gritted teeth.

"Abigail, come o-"

"I got raped, okay?!" She cried.

Jordan's jaw literally dropped to the floor as the words left her lips. Out of everything he thought of, rape had never passed his mind. To him rape was just a horrible thing he heard about in movies and on the news; he had never known someone who had actually been raped. Although, the more he thought about it the more it made sense for Abigail to have been raped. It explained why she was so skiddish, why she didn't seem to trust anyone else besides Marc, why she had nearly cut her finger off when Jordan placed his hands on her hips. He felt so stupid for not noticing it before.

"I-" Jordan began slowly, only to be cut off by Abigail.

"I'm never going to be the same again Jordan," she cried, her green eyes clouding over with fresh tears.

"Abs," he said softly, letting his big hand wrap its way around her forearm. Her muscles went limp as Jordan pulled her battered body into his. He wrapped his arms around her and hugged her tightly, feeling her tears seep through his tee-shirt. "I'm here for you," he told her.

"He just wouldn't stop," she sobbed, her tired face buried deep into Jordan's hard chest.

"You don't have to tell me anything you don't want to. I don't want to force you," Jordan said honestly. He already felt horrible he had made her cry, but now that he knew why she was crying and he knew he couldn't help her he felt completely at a loss for words.

"I never thought it would happen to me," she sniffled, lifting her head up. Jordan frowned and slowly began to sit down, his back against the tree trunk and Abigail next to him. He un-wrapped his arms from around her fragile body and she wiped her eyes as she looked down at her hands. Jordan knew she was going to tell him, he could see her talking herself up to it in her head. She looked so worried all Jordan wanted to do was kiss her and tell her it would all be okay. "I was out at this club-" she began.

To Abigail Franco Friday night meant the end of work and the beginning of a party. After she watched the Rangers game like she did every night they played, she left MSG and found herself wandering a few blocks away to one of her favorite clubs. Her friends were already there and waiting and a drink was shoved into her hand almost as soon as she walked into the door.

"Abby!" One of her friends yelled over the blaring sounds of Beyonce's Single Ladies. "That guy over there is totally eye fucking you."

Abigail let her eyes wander around the club until they landed on the guy her friend was talking about. He was tall, brown haired and brown eyed from what Abigail could see. She smirked at him and he smiled right back, making her smiled even wider.

"I call dibs," she smiled at her friend, grabbing her shot of Tequila from the bar and downing it before making her way over to the beautiful stranger.

After dancing the night away with the stranger whose name turned out to be Andrew, Abigail decided to accept his invitation back to his apartment. She didn't really plan on sleeping with him, but he didn't seem like the type of guy who wanted that. He seemed genuine and like he actually liked her. He held her hand on the way back to his place and even stopped to buy her a pretzel. She was grinning from ear to ear as she walked into the door of his apartment.

There, once she finished her pretzel, he began to kiss her feverishly. She kissed him back, of course but pushed his hands away when they tried to crawl their way up her shirt. Abigail laughed and pulled away from him.

"Moving a little fast, are we?" She smirked playfully.

"I wanna get to know you more," was his reply.

Abigail giggled, "I don't know about getting to know each other that well this soon."

"Why not?" He asked, his grip around her waist tightening. She furrowed her eyebrows and tried to move his hands but to no avail. Andrew simply tightened his grip and pushed her down on the couch they had been sitting on.

"Andrew, come on," she said, her smile quivering.

"Come on baby, I can tell by the way you dance you know exactly what to do with those hips right about now," he smirked devilishly at her.

"I'm not going to sleep with you," Abigail stated boldly, trying to maneuver her way out of Andrew's death grip on her waist. He simply laughed at her words, moving his hands from her waist to her wrists and holding them tight and high above her head.

"That's what you think," he sneered.

Abigail tried to get away from him, she tried to twist free of his grip, she tried to duck underneath his arms, but he was too strong for her. Ready to take advantage of her, he ripped the clothes off of her small body and left her stark naked on his couch. She trashed around and screamed for help but after threatening her quite a bit and shoving a dirty sock on her mouth, she shut right up.

Abigail cried the whole time as she felt her body being ripped in half. The tears came fast and hard, never letting up as he touched her. His hands and lips felt so wrong against her skin, setting fire to each place they touched in the worst way possible. He violated her more than once, touching her most private areas and doing things to her that she never even did with her long-term boyfriends. After the act she felt dirty, disgusting, used- she knew she would never be the same. Her body ached when he finally tossed her out of his apartment and she didn't move for close to an hour after he did so. When she finally mustered up enough strength to get back to her apartment building, she knew she couldn't be alone. So she made her way to Marc's front door, curled in a ball outside of it and crying as she
knocked and kicked it until he came out.

Abigail Franco's life would never ever be the same.


"Abigail, I don't know what to say," Jordan said softly as she concluded her story.

"Don't say anything," she whispered, looking up at him for the first time since she started the story. She had avoided his eyes as she told him of her rape because she knew she wouldn't be able to deal with his blue orbs staring into her soul. Jordan smiled the tiniest bit as he lifted her chin up softly, forcing her to look him right in the eyes she had been avoiding.

"I'm never going to let anyone hurt you again Abigail," he told her boldly, yet delicately. Abigail only nodded, unable to smile though she wanted to. Suddenly, Jordan's lips were firmly pressed against her's in a short, sweet kiss. "I'm never going to hurt you," he added confidently.

"Promise?" She murmured, her green eyes fluttering shut as Jordan pressed his forehead against hers, his one hand cupped around her cheek.

"Promise," he confirmed.
♠ ♠ ♠
so this is it. what you've all been waiting for! not gonna lie, i felt completely out of my element writing about something so serious, and i'm not sure if i did it justice or not. i hope i did. and i hope you enjoyed it.
sorry this took so long to post! i've been working hard on it.
xoxo.