Status: Active. UPDATED: 4//27//11

Blood Connection

Chapter 13: Date

::Brooke's POV::

I jumped out my shower and slipped on a robe to answer the door. I was hoping that it wasn't the guy already. Mandy still wasn't here to babysit Lillian and I wasn't ready. I don't even know who I'm going on a date with. Mandy said I knew him from school, so I don't have to worry about going out with a total stranger. I looked over at Lili's play-pin to see her playing with her toys as I pushed my wet hair behind my ears. I looked into the peep-hole and sighed in relief as i opened the door.

"Juan." I stated and let the landlord inside.

"Hey, Babygirl and..." He looked over at Lillian. "...baby girl." He smiled. I laughed a bit as he walked in and sat on the arm of the couch looking into Lillian's play-pin. Lillian grabbed on the the side of the pin and pulled herself standing up, smiling at him. Me and Juan have talked a few time since me moving here. He was nice so I guess you could call us friends. Or what ever you call and friendly bond between a 17 year old single mother and a 33 year old landlord. He looks out for me seeing as how I'm by myself and all.

"So, whats up?" I said wiping the water off my face that was coming from my hair.

"Just came to check up on you and shorty here." He gestured to Lili. "Mr. Smith, down stairs, says 'Hi'...." I nodded. "Oh, and one more thing. People have been seeing figures walking around the apartment building at night. So be careful and keep your eyes open." He said.

"Yeah, I will. Thanks, Juan." I nodded and gave him a smile which he returned.

"No problem." He stood up and started walking to the door. "Hasta luego." He said in Spanish as he left. Spanish was never my strongest point but I think he said he'd see me later. I should really practice. Just as I was about to close that door, a foot stuck itself in the way. Judging by the all black pump, it was Mandy. I smiled at her as she pulled me into a hug.

"Hey, Hey!" She said cheerfully as she pulled away from me and took in my wet hair and robe. "Hey, hey...." She said more seriously. "You're not ready! Go!" She pushed me towards my room and closed the door. I had no idea what to wear because I had no idea what kind of date this was going to be. So I just settled for a simple black skirt with tights, a pink top with a light jacket and pink and black tennis shoes. I blow dyed my hair and threw it up in a ponytail. When I walked out, Mandy was playing with Lillian until she looked up and smiled. "You look great! See. When was the last time you dressed to impress? Or wear a skirt for that matter..." She said.

I playfully threw a couch pillow at her as I sat down. "I still don't think this is a good idea, Dee-Dee." I said lowly. Then there was a knock on the door. Mandy smiled brightly.

"Too late!" She said and put Lili in her play-pin as she bounced to the door. I took a moment to reflected on what I was doing. Dating again. I'm still not sure if this is wrong or not. If I was ready or not. Or if I was ready to let go of Tony. But this is just a date.... its not like I'm already getting into a relationship. And I need a little breather from being a mother for a little while. That's all this was...just a short get-a-away.

"Hey, Brooke. You look nice."

I turned around to see who I was going to be spending my night with.

::Tony's POV::

One word...Pissed. That what I was. Brooke was going on a date and I was furious. I knew for a fact when I came back that there was no way Brooke could forget me. I mean, she's taking care of my child so there's no way she could. But her going on a date and leaving Lili behind, it just might be possible for her to forget me. I know I'll never forget her. I've never even looked at another girl after Brooke. And I know it may sound selfish and child-like but Brooke was mine. I wasn't going to let anyone take her from me. When I first heard she was going on a date, I first blamed her, then Mandy....especially Mandy.... then myself. I mean its my own fault that I'm not with her, and I guess she could get pretty lonely by herself all the time. Then I realise how selfish I already was. Not once have I ever that about her being lonely, only myself. I mean after she met me, most of the girls at school stopped liking her. She kinda stop talking to her friends as much as she did when she had Lillian.

It was like I took her away from her life and I was --almost-- all she had. And it only made it worse when I left. Now that I think about it this way, I'm not as mad. Mad at myself yes, but at nothing else. But that didn't mean I wasn't going to watch this date very closely. So, I waited for the two of them to come out the building but first I wanted to check out this guy's car. I jumped out the tree and over to the car parked in the front. Midnight blue Lambo. Not bad if he had the right rims to go along with it. I bent down to look in the inside. At least its clean.... I heard talking and dropped down out of sight. I looked around the car to see Brooke talking. She looked beautiful. Then to the side of her. I've seen this guy at school. What's his name? He plays the school's new baseball team. He use to be in my Math class. One of his best subjects so I've heard.

Evan, Eddie.... Eein, I think. I moved around the car then hid behind a tree. He helped Brooke in the car and I got a good look at him. Blue eyes, short light brown hair, and a goodboy smile. Looked like a Ken doll to me. He got in the driver's seat and drove off. I followed but I stayed a little behind. They first stopped at a bowling alley. Wow...how original, Ken.

::No One's POV::

Brooke knew Eein from at least two or three of her classes. And it was safe to say he was a pretty good-looking guy. They talked on there way to a bowling alley. He said he had a good idea to get to know each other better. Once he payed for their shoes and got their bowling balls, Eein explained what he wanted to do.
"Okay...I ask you a question and roll. If I hit a strike you MUST answer. If I don't, you don't have to and visa versa. Deal?" He smiled. Brooke looked at him with narrow eyes and a playful smirk on her face. She wasn't sure just how good he was at bowling. But she was pretty okay so she guessed it was fair.

"Okay, deal." They shook hands and Eein let her go first. Tony walked inside and already picked out Brooke from the crowd. He decided to make himself comfortable and bought some nachos. "Why did you agree to go on a date with a girl who has a child?" Brooke rolled the bowling ball and hit a strike. Eein smiled and shook his head.

"I think my idea just back fired..." He trailed off. Then he looked at her and shrugged. "Trying something new. Most girls I go out with are needy and need someone to be there at all time. Unlike you, who has a child and is mostly needed and more mature in making choices." He said and lifted up his bowling ball at the seat next to him, making his way into the alley lane.

"But as you can see, my choices ended up in me having a baby girl to take care on my own." Brooke pointed out as she crossed her arms.

He shrugged again. "Everyone has their off days... making mistakes."

"Lillian's not a mistake!" Brooke snapped. Tony kind of smiled at her snapping at him. He secertly wished this date was a dud. Sure, it was wrong of him to think like that but he didn't care. Her eyes widen and she opened her mouth but Eein just held up his hand.

"Its alright. I understand. My bad." He said then looked up in thought. "Who's little Lillian's father?" He rolled the ball and hit half of the left pins. "Hm.." He said staring at the pins left standing. "Never mind."

Brooke sighed and decided to tell him. "My ex's." And smiled knowing what she coming next.

"Anthony Gorden, right?"

"It's not your turn." She said amused and grabbed her bowling ball. He chuckled.

"Oh, so it's like that, huh?" He joked. Brooke laughed.

___BC___BC___BC___BC___BC___BC___BC___BC___BC___

Tony was disappointed that it ended up being an okay date but it wasn't over yet. Eein was taking her to the beach where a few of his friends from school were having a bonfire. Brooke have never really invited to this kinda of personal stuff. Parties, yes, bonfires...no. But they sat there around the fire and ate s'mores and talked. But Eein and Brooke didn't talk to each other. Or rather Eein was so caught up in talking to his friends that he sort of ignored Brooke as his date. Brooke just talked to everyone else.

Tony had be heated since the start of this date and still is til the end as Eein dropped off Brooke back at her apartment. He had a few ideas of handling Ken doll. Maybe after Brooke left to go to her apartment, he could drop in and take Ken for a ride on top of skyscraper. Or scare him into pissing his pants and believing in old fashion vampires. With the long cape and everything.

He sighed. He couldn't do that. He didn't have the heart. Brooke had his heart as she was the sweetest person in the world. Maybe he would have before he met her, but he felt the need to hurt Eein in someway. I mean, it was the mother of his child who he still loved. He dropped out the tree and walked passed with good timing because Brooke had just closed the door and Eein was walking back to his car.

"Hey, man! Good catch with that one." He gesture to Brooke's apartment building, acting friendly.

"I know, right?" Eein said getting an ego boost.

"Yeah, High five!" Tony said and raised his hand up the highest he could go... for a reason. Eein smiled and reached up to match Tony's hand but never got to it before he was kneed in the gut. He hutched over and fell to the ground. Tony smirked and stepped over him as he walked with his hands in his pocket. Sure, he could have broke his arm, beat him up, or even have him mysteriously disappear. But he settled for something simple yet satisfying.

Now...he was happy.
♠ ♠ ♠
My computer has been down for like ever. Internet problems. But I'm back.
Hope you like the chapter.