Status: Active. UPDATED: 4//27//11

Blood Connection

Chapter 18: Denial Is Trouble

::Brooke's POV::

There was a bright light coming from a half-covered window behind the dark figure. I backed up and tripped over a stray piece of wood from the worn out floors. Lilian wiggled her way out my arms and started to take off towards the figure. And when I say 'take off' she actually ran, unbalanced toward it. She could hardly walk and she was running. I quietly begged her to come back to me, not sure what that thing would do to her.

"Lili, baby... come back to mommy. Please, stop, come back!" I shouted in a whisper. She had ran so far that the only thing I could see of her was her shadow outline along with the outline of whatever or whoever it was in front of her. The tall outline stopped as Lilian grabbed onto its legs and look up at it. The figure picked her, kissing her forehead and hugged her tightly. Confused and scared, I couldn't do anything but watch. It finally started walking again and came out of the ray of the bright sunlight. I looked around for it.

"Brooke..." Came the voice out of no where since I couldn't see where it went with Lilian. Then finally I could see a little of the person coming closer. And the closer it got, the more I could see who it was.

"Tony?" I question as he can in full view in front of me. He instantly smiled down at me as he's name passed my lips. Lilian was in his arm just holding his shirt as tight as her little fingers would let her. He reached down for me to help me up. I placed my hand in his slightly shivering from how cold it was. I remembered the feel of his hands and they always have been cold like this. It was him. I quickly got up and wrapped my arms around him. He did the same but only with one arm because of Lili in the other. He's hand ran over my hair and down my back.

I pulled away to look at him. I saw him staring me in the eyes. He's eyes were the same ones I saw everyday from Lili. But he's were still different. Her eyes were light with young happiness. His were more mature and intense. He's eyes looked over my face as mine did his. I saw the corners of his lips tug upward but they never made it all the way up because my hand made contact with his face. Which in my case, wasn't such a good idea.

"Ow, fuck..." I muttered at my pulsing hand. He's face was hard as steal. But even if it seemed like he didn't feel it, the emotion on his face looked like he did. Lilian did a little gasp and 'OOOooo' as if someone was in trouble. Tony looked hurt by my action but I had been hurt for nearly two years by his. "You left me, you fucking bastard!" I shouted and pushed him in the chest. He didn't move at my push but he took a late step back to make it seem like it.

"Brooke..I'm...-I..." He stuttered to get the words out but they never came while I was on the verge of tears. The tears were building up in my eyes which made him stop trying to talk. I choked on a sob and slapped him again with my other hand. He didn't react but just looked more hurt. I was full on crying now with my head down. I leaned my head into his chest and cradled my hand.

"Ow." I whimpered through my sobs. He put his arm around me and pulled me closer, letting me cry. I felt Lilian's little hand pat me head. I calm myself down enough to turn my head to look at her. She touched my wet cheek with her hand then leaned over placing her open mouth on it at a attempt to kiss it.

"Ma." She said. I smiled a little and sniffed as I rubbed the back of her head.

"Thanks, baby." I said and kissed her hand. We all stayed quiet for a while. I still had my head on Tony's chest and he never let go of me or Lili. My tears had stopped by now as I opened my mouth. "You sent me the text messages." I stated. I felt him move his head in a nod and place his chin on my head. "Tony..." I started and I assumed I got his attention by the silence. "What's going on?"

He deeply sighed and he pulled away to look at me. "Brooke, there's something I didn't tell you and I need to tell you now." He said. I waited for him to finish, and just hoped it wasn't as bad as I thought. "I'm a vampire." Hope: Denied.

"What?" I questioned as I if I didn't hear him and backed up. He opened his mouth but I shook my head. "No. No... that's not true. None of that stuff is real, Tony. You're lying." Tony just closed his eyes and he swallowed. He reopened his eyes and I tilted my head to the side. "You not lying..." I stated.

"No." He said quietly and looked at Lilian who was staring at me the whole time. She turned her head to look at him then looked back at me. Lilian.

I scoffed with a slight smile. "No. No, Tony, because that would mean my baby is..." I stopped and looked at the both of them. Cold skin, pale color, cups of red stuff... My face turned to horror. "Oh God, Tony!" My eyes build up with tears again as I grabbed my hair and turned away from him.

"Brooke..." He said softly and grabbed my shoulder I turned around pushing his hands off of me. The tears were starting all over again.

"Why, Tony? Why didn't you tell me?" I said lowly, in a horse and shaky voice as I held myself as if to keep my heart from falling right out of my chest. I tried composed as much I could. Tony looked like someone had stabbed him in the chest, but judging by how hard his face is, I doubt its possible to get a knife through there.

"I wanted to- I was going to...," He corrected himself "I was sent away from you before I could."

"Well, you should have tried harder!" I shouted at him. "You should have told me before then. God, Tony, my baby girl is a vampire and I didn't even know!" I said loudly as the sobs started to come. He put his head down because that's what I wanted. I wanted him to feel bad about it but I quickly realize how wrong it was for me to do that to him. I buried my face in my hands and cried. He walked up to me and tried to touch me but I pushed him away. "Don't touch me..."

"Brooke, don't do this, please." He begged and tried again. I pushed him harder which was starting to make Lilian upset by the heavy movements so she started to cry. Tony looked down at her and cradled her. I looked at the little girl, that i loved some much, crying. I wanted to hold to her but that would result in getting near Tony. Plus, I just found out she was a vampire. What am I supposed to do? Tony got her to stop crying and looked at me with hurt in his eyes.

"How old are you?" I sniffed and held myself again. Tony perked up at that but then looked unsure before telling me.

"Thirty-three." He muttered. I gasped in sobs and I turned my back at him as I let sobs out. I turned back around pointing at him.

"Pedophile..." I accused. Tony closed his eyes, hurt by that name and shook his head.

"Don't..." He stopped and reopened them, looking at me with begging eyes. "Don't say that. Please. I love you..." He whispered softly to me. Those words opened my eyes to how much I loved him back. And that no matter what he told me, I'd always will. I looked up at him. He was looking at the worn out flooring and Lilian was looking at me with her big grey eyes. One look at them was enough to make me walk over to Tony and throw my arms around him. He quickly wrapped his one arm around me and kiss the top of my head over and over again.

"I love you." I said and held him tighter.
♠ ♠ ♠
I wrote this chapter to:

No Air by Jordin Sparks
Careful - Paramore
&
Turn It Off by Paramore

Next Chapter:
Will be in Toni's POV