Status: Active. UPDATED: 4//27//11

Blood Connection

Chapter 4: An Angel

::Brooke's POV::

I thought I did pretty good on the test today. I just need at least a B- all this year and next and I'll be cleared to take online collage. So that way I can be a stay at home mom. Next thing to do now is to find a nice apartment for me and Lilian. As I walked to my car, I went though my backpack to make sure I had all my homework. I zipped it closed and pulled my car keys out, walking up to my car. My eyes caught onto a booklet on my windshield. I picked it up and switch it back and forth to see what it was. Just as if I have an Angel listening to my prays, it was a local town apartment search booklet. Just what I needed. I looked around to see if there was any trace of the person who left it. But not a thing. Its really must have been an angel. Class just ended like 5 minutes ago and no one else was at this end of the parking lot.

I did a little dance and jumped around in excitement then got in the car. I pulled up at the daycare where I dropped off Lili this morning. Would you believe me if I told you that I found this place's paper ad stuck on my window one day? I sat there, debating on if I should keep the car on or not. I was just going to sign the Pick-Up sheet and grab Lili. But then again you never know when one of the ladies here want to talk to you. So I just turned it off and hopped out. Once I got in, I signed the form and looked around the room. All children from the age of 6 months to 3 years were playing around with toys and each other. I smiled as I saw Lili and one of the volunteers that worked here, playing with some blocks. The girl looked up at me and smiled as I walked over to them.

"Hi. You must me this beautiful girl's sister. She looks just like you." She smiled down at Lili and rubbed her, just now growing hair in fully, head.

"Oh no. I'm her mother." I said and bent down with the both of them and touched Lili's cheek. She looked up at me and smiled, just noticing I was here because her interest in the colorful blocks in front of her. She reached her arms up for me and I picked her up gently. The girl stood up and gasped.

"Oh, I'm sorry! Its just your so young- well... that explains why she looks so much like you. I'm sorry, miss." She said quickly just to cover everything up.

"Its okay. I get it alot. I'm use to it." I simply said as Lili laid her head on my shoulder. The girl gave me an apologetic smile. I nodded and bid her good-bye. Good call on turning the car off, if I do say so myself. Gas ain't cheap these days.

__BC___BC___BC___BC___BC___BC___BC___BC___BC___

Lili crawled around the floor of the living room as I sat on the couch with my laptop in my lap looking over the apartments on the computer from the booklet I have. Lili crawled in front of me and me seeing her in my side view, leaned to the side around the laptop and looked at her.

"A-boo?" She asked in her baby gibberish. I laughed lightly at how cute she was. It wasn't long before she would be talking in English.

"A-boo." I said to her in reply as I smiled. She grinned widely, showing her two little growing bottom teeth. Then she turned around and crawled away. I looked out the window for some reason. I'm not sure but my gut was just telling me to. Just a feeling but I didn't see anything but the sun going down. I pushed the laptop on the couch and walked over to the window. As I watch the sunset go down, I couldn't help but think of Tony. It was kind our thing we had together. We both don't like mornings because the sun is at its brightest, too bright for our liking and we don't like pitch dark nights because of what hides beneath its covers. So we both settle for the in between. Sunset.

I felt something warm run down my cheek. I didn't even notice I was crying. My vision wasn't even blurry from the tears either. I wiped my eyes and shook my head. I try my hardest not to think about him because it upset me like this. How he just up and left...without even a goodbye.... I turned around and smiled slightly as I saw my dad pick up Lilian. She grinned at him and touched his face. "Yo Da." She called him. He chuckled and kissed her forehead.

"How you doin' baby doll." He asked her in his country accent. He called her baby doll because he said her pale skin reminded him of those porcelain dolls. "You doing good? Thats good. You wanna read the newspaper with Grandpa? No? Too boring for ya, huh?" I laughed a bit. He used to make me sit and listen as he read the newspaper. But for some unfair reason...he never does that with her. He looked up at me "Hey, Brooke. You okay?" He asked looking over at me.

I rubbed my wet eyelashes and nodded. "Yeah. I'm fine. I better feed Lili. Where's mom?" I asked as I stood up. She wasn't here when I got home.

"She's over at Pearl's next door. I was just over there, but they got the talkin' 'bout china and table cloths then I got the heck on outta there." He said, handing over Lili. I laughed. Daddy hates when women get together and he's dragged along. He's not into what he calls 'Women touchy, feely, pretty talks.' I walked into the kitchen and put Lili in her high chair. I took out some baby food and popped it in the newly cleaned microwave. That egg that mysteriously got it there left a mess you wouldn't believe.

"Want something, dad?" I asked as I peek my head in the living room. He was reading the newpaper from this morning with a small glass of scotch in ice next to him.

"Yeah. Can you make me sandwich to hold me until your mother cooks?" He asked. As if on cue, he's stomach growled "Dang woman rather talk about dishes then feed her husband." He said and turned a page. Even when he says that, he doesn't really mean it. My dad would go hours in hunger just so mom could have a little woman to woman time with her friends and not say one word about it until mom was finish. I'm guessing that was another reason he left. He was hungry and he didn't want her to stop her socializing just to feed him.

"Okay." I took Lili's food out the microwave and let it cool as I made my dad a sandwich. I gave it to him and in exchange he gave me a kiss on the cheek. I walked in the kitchen and put on Lilian's bib as she tried to talk but only came out in baby gibberish once again. I just 'Uh-huh'ed and 'Is that right?' as if she was really talking to be understood. Then I fed her a small thing of sweet potatoes and water. A few times I gave her the spoon and let her do it herself but that resulted in potatoes in her nose more then her mouth. But, secretly, I think she knows the difference and just wanted to try something new. "Okay, flower. Time for bed." I said as I cleaned her off and put the spoon in the sink. As we walked into her room I noticed the window open.

Its always open for some odd reason. I'm not sure if I need to be concerned or just let it go and say that mom opens it. I just got Lili in her pjs and put her to bed. She instantly fell asleep and I turned on her night light before walking out the room. Before I closed the door I looked at the crib and silently prayed that the angel that been following and helping me through all of this, would watch and protect my little girl as she sleeps.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long to update but i have had an ...sadly eventful few weeks. -__-
(Some people already know. Some don't)
Sorry for the wait again.

p.s. Remember to promote this story for it to continue. Its seems to be doing good so far.
Keep it up and I'll make it offical as once of my Keeper stories and put it on my profile.

Love,
J.R.