Status: Active. UPDATED: 4//27//11

Blood Connection

Chapter 9: Fault

::Brooke's POV::

It took at least another week for me to move into my apartment because my parents wanted me to stay with them for a little while longer. But they did decided they weren't comfortable with me driving for a while. Truth was... neither was I. I put Liilan in danger. And that's something I have to live with for the rest of my life. So I was bumming rides from Mandy. Of course, she would do it. 1.) She didn't want me driving either. 2.) It gives us an excuse to be together as best friends more often then we planned after I moved.

Right now, me and Lilian were in her new room, moving things around trying to see how I was going to decorate it for her. I was planning on taking the color paint, sky blue, and having her hand prints on the dark blue walls. I thought it would look cute. So I called Mandy and asked her to put up some paint. It would be kinda of messy, but that's what the white sheets on the floor and boxes were for. Plus it would be fun. I turned to Lili who was sitting on the ground.

"What do you think?" I asked her as I moved out the way to show her the bedroom door with her name on it. She looked up at me and didn't react. So I picked her up and put her in front of the door. I took her hand and ran it over the letters. "Huh?" I looked at her. She continued to touch it and tried to grab for it. "Oh, no, Sweetie. You don't want it to fall, do you? Nope." I said. Then there was a knock on the door. I put her in her play pin and jogged to the door, making my ponytail jump as I did.

"Yo Bro!" Mandy shouted as she was let inside with a quart of paint in her hands. I laughed.

"So now I'm a guy?" I joked and closed the door. Mandy stopped and looked over my appearance. I was in grey sweatpants and a black wife-beater with black socks. No make-up and hair pulled back to where you can't see it from the front.

"You should be, looking like that." She said and turned to walk into the living.

"That wasn't nice." I pouted and followed her.

She waved her hand, dismissively. "You'll get over it. So, I got the paint. What are we gonna do with it?" She clapped her hand together and took off her jacket.

"We?" I questioned and took the paint.

"Yeah. There's paint involved, so obviously its gonna be fun." See, Paint = Fun. That's why she's my best friend. "Plus..." She started and pulled out an apron, putting it on. "I got this cute apron. You can't turn me down now. That's wasting money." I laughed and gestured her to Lili's room. I told her what we were gonna do and she was all for it. I dipped Lili's hand in the paint and started placing her prints in random places on the walls. Mandy was having fun, placing her hand prints in the high places like a pattern. Then she got this idea for me and Lili to put our handprints on the door together. When we did, it was cute. Like an Mother Daughter bond type thing.

"Aw, now I wished I slept here now." Mandy said looking over the room. I shook my head and looked at Lilian in my arms. She was looking over the paint that was dried on her hands. I kissed her forehead and put her down on the floor. I slipped and accidentally plunged my hand back in the paint.

"Oh..." I groaned and turned around. "Mandy can you-" I stopped and gasped. Mandy opened her mouth and wiped the paint off her face.

"No you didn't..." She said slowly then wiped her hands on my face. I shook my head.

"Oh, its on." We both went for the paint and started throwing splats at each other. Then we heard Lilian let out a sound so we stopped and looked at her. Lilian reached up to touch the paint that was splatted on her face. Mandy and I both broke out in laughter. I bent down to wiped it off her face.

::TONY'S POV::

I couldn't help but feel a little jealous and sadden. It should be me in there with Brooke right now decorating Lilian's room. Like a family is supposed too. But instead, she had her best friend there in my place while I just watched. They were laughing and smiling, having a good time. In a way, I have the right to feel this way, but then again... I should have been more careful in keeping our relationship a secret in the place. So it's my own fault I'm feeling this way. I should have told her when I have the chance. I pulled one leg up and rested my arm on top of it.

"I should be there..." I muttered to myself. A friendly hand rested itself on my shoulder. I didn't bother to look to see who it was. I knew.

"Its alright, man." Stefan said and sat next to me. I was about to reply with a 'No, its not' but then I quickly remember why Stefan has be gone for more then a week.

"Does anyone know?" I question, hopeful.

He shook his head. "Nah." He said lazily and lead back on her hands as he threw he head back. "Not. A. Clue." He said separately. A rush of relief went through me. "Hannah, Will, and Samantha said 'Hi'." He said randomly. I pursed my lips not really interested in there distance greetings. "Hey, didn't Brooke use to be a Gymnast?" He asked trying to ease out of the silence that he knew was coming.

"Yeah," I answered.

He lifted his head and looked in the window at Brooke "Why she stop again?" He tilted his head to the side.

"Oh, I don't know...she had a baby...." I said sarcastically. He scrunched up his face as he got a metal picture.

"Ooo... Yeah, I can see where that would mess up the whole fexablity thing. Ouch."He said shifting uncomfortably. I rolled my eyes and I looked back in Brooke's living room window to see Mandy leaving, covered in paint. I smirked and shook my head as I listened in to what Brooke was telling her.

"Here's some newpapers so you don't mess up the car but that's all I can do for you. You're welcome to take a shower here if you want though." Brooke offered.

"No. I'm good. I need to go home. I promised my mom I come home early today." She smiled and gave Brooke a hug.

"Okay. Be safe." Brooke waved and closed the door. Soon she took Lilian and gave her a bath in the kitchen sink. I leaned in and watched them as Brooke washed Lilian's hair, or the only hair that Lili had, as she played in the water. I leaned my chin on my knee as I watched them, wishing I was there. It wasn't long before Stefan started complaining about how bored he was as Brooke put Lilian to bed in her room. As she walked out the room, she looked over the paint that was on her and made her way to the bathroom. I changed spots to the bathroom window but I had to lean into the tree so she wouldn't see me. She started the bath water then pulled off her shirt. As much as I knew this was bad, I kept watching. Just as she was about to continue...

"Perv!" Stefan said and pulled me down off the tree by my shoulders. I let out a yelp in surprise as I was pulled backwards off balance.