‹ Prequel: Sick Little Games

Cause a Scene Like You're Supposed To

The music, the people, and the wild parties.

Lucy Murphy felt a soft tear glide its way down her cheek as she watched the pavement in which All Time Low’s bus used to stand. Alex may have not been in her life for long, but in the short time she’d known him, she’d grown to love every part of him.

He was her dad, after all.

Lucy didn’t quite understand why he was going away, where he was headed to, or how long he’d be gone. Though, the look on her mother’s face was proof enough that she should definitely be upset about it.

“Come on,” Katherine urged, pulling Lucy closer to her. Her voice shook slightly as she gripped the little girl’s hand, readying herself to walk towards her car and head home.

But Katherine didn’t move; her feet were glued to the spot where she last saw Alex.

“Come on,” Kara said gently to the girl beside her, mimicking Katherine’s actions with Lucy moments prior, only with Katherine this time. The only difference was that Kara’s feet actually pulled themselves off the ground. “How about we have a girl’s night tonight?” she smiled softly.

Katherine glanced at Lucy, as if waiting for her approval.

Lucy frowned, the hurt shining through her face. She didn’t want to be away from her mother tonight of all nights, and it showed.

“Lucy can come too,” Kara responded quickly, “She’s adorable,” she added, smiling down at her.

Lucy smiled back at Kara, nodding her head in her mother’s direction, showing her that she was okay with that idea.

“We can have it at my house even,” Katherine responded, “Then I can put Lucy to bed when her bedtime strikes and everything.”

Kara agreed, making a date for later that night and waving goodbye to the two.

Katherine finally pulled her feet off the ground, walked over to her car, and pushed her foot to the pedal after making sure Lucy was securely situated in her car seat.

They arrived home in no time and Katherine immediately plopped herself down on the sofa in her living room.

Day one of Alex’s departion was officially a go.

Only fifty-six more days and that mission would be complete.

-----

Alex Gaskarth stepped off of his bus, smiling as he breathed in the Warped Tour air. First stop: Well, he wasn’t really even sure. Either way, he was excited for the first day.

“Warped Tour!” Jack screamed, jumping off the bus and running around the Warped grounds aimlessly. Alex laughed at his antics as Matt yelled at him to come back, but then shrugged and ran around as well. Soon enough Rian and Zack joined them, the whole band exploring the grounds.

Matt got the last laugh when they got completely swarmed by fans.

The band shot Matt a glare for his lack of body guard skills, but he just shrugged and walked back into the bus, abandoning them, making them glare harder at the wide open space that used to hold their tour manager.

The band smiled for pictures and signed autographs for a good amount of the fans that crowded around them before rushing off with a simple apology. They did need to get themselves situated, for they just arrived, after all.

Making their way towards the bus grounds again, they met up with old friends, and already began making new ones.

They made jokes.

They discussed new albums.

They talked about what they had been doing at home.

They laughed more than they had in a while.

The first day of Warped Tour rushed past before their eyes so quick, but Alex smiled through it all, remembering why he was so in love with this tour in the first place. It was almost like High School used to be for him, without the learning and with more love than hate floating around, for everybody was in Warped for a good time. And of course, it’s impossible to forget the music.

The music, the people, and the wild parties are what Alex lived for, and they were all present on this tour.

“Alex!” Rian yelled, and Alex shook his head to snap himself out of his daze.

“Fuck!” Alex exclaimed, burning the top of his head with the flat iron being held in his hand as he did so. He glared at Rian, but Rian just thew his hands up in defense.

“You zoned out dude, you were about to burn that piece of hair to a crisp!”

“Yeah, okay,” Alex rolled his eyes, though he knew it was probably true.

Running his hands through his hair a few more times, straightening out his shirt, and throwing on his flip-flops, Alex declared himself ready, walking towards the door to the bus.

“Let’s go!” Jack screamed, skipping out the door, making the band chuckle slightly.

Alex stepped into the cool summer air, feeling a rush of it hit him as he exited the bus. He walked into the party scene with his band, a smirk playing on his lips.

At first, Alex just mingled around aimlessly, chatting with a countless amount of familiar faces about nothing in particular. Then, joining up with the members around the alcohol table, he decided to get the real party started. The bands toasted for Warped tour, then grinned as they pressed the red plastic cups to their lips, sipping the mixture softly at first, then gulping it down, throwing their cups up in victory.

“Hit me with another one, bartender!”
♠ ♠ ♠
do tell me what you think.
<3

In the next chapter you will meet a very lovely character that is to come into the life of Alexander Gaskarth, just sayin'.

PS: if I started a Jack story, would you guys read it? (: