Falling for my Best Friends Brother

"You Spin My Head Right Round..."

My head was spinning when I was walking down the stairs, possibly to my death, trying to find Bailey. There was no way I could try and explain myself. What was I supposed to say? Hey Bailey, yeah you never saw me last night ‘cause I was upstairs making out with your brother. No. That’s not gonna happen.

From the kitchen I could hear the radio so I slowly and cautiously made my way to the kitchen door. I took a deep breath and swung the door open. Before I even stepped into the kitchen I almost fell over from laughing.

Bailey was singing to ‘Right Round’ by Flo Rida and dancing around the island that was the center of the kitchen. Most normal 16 year old girls were run away terrified if they discovered someone watching them make a fool of themselves. Bailey, however, is not your normal 16 year old girl.

Instead, when she saw me she ran over to me, grabbed my wrist and dragged me over to the middle of the room and we continued to sing and dance around.

When the song finally finished we were laughing so hard at how random we could be sometimes. Then Bailey walked over to the radio and turn it down and grabbed an apple out of the basket on top of the island.

“So...” She said at she pulled a bar stool out to sit on.

“So...” I repeated and hopped up on the counter next to her.

“So...” Bailey took a breathe like she was preparing herself for something and looked at me. The giggling Bailey that was just singing at the top of her lungs was gone and it started to freak me out. “What happened to you last night? After you and Riley came inside I never saw you again. I mean, I guess me and Ryan weren’t looking for you guys...” She trailed off and blushed a little bit.

“Bailey What did you do last night?” I accused half shocked half joking.

“Wha- N-Nothing Me and Ryan were just sitting in the game room watching movies and... Why am I doing the explaining? What did you and Riley do last night?” She pointed her finger at me accusingly with a little smirk on her face.

Oh shit. What the hell am I supposed to say? She’s my best friend and all but she’ll probably kill me if she finds out what happens.

“Um...Well, we uh...nothing. We just uh, came inside and went upstairs, and he said I could use his shower and that’s it. When I came out he was already asleep on his couch so I took the bed.” That’s sorta the truth, right? Vaguely, but it’s still true.

“Uhh...” And Bailey made a point to look me up and down. Damn it. Obviously this outfit of boxers and a big t-shirt isn’t something that I had in my wardrobe.
“Oh, right...well Riley just lent me some clothes ‘cause I forgot to pack pj’s.” I really doubt that she believed me but that seemed like a good enough explanation for her.

“Whatever.” She shrugged, taking a bite out of her apple.

A huge wave of relief swept over me. Bailey and I both knew that there was more to the story than that, but fortunately she was able to just settle with less. But really, do I think I could keep this up? She’s my best friend, how long can I keep lying to her about this? I’m over here all the time with her and Riley. It’ll just be a matter of time before she figures everything out.

Before the silence got too awkward I decided to change the subject. “Hey, you wanna go watch a movie? I heard Paranormal Activity is playing at the mall.”

She got a worried look an her face, “Isn’t that supposed to be like, really freaky? You know I’m not really into scary movies.”

“Oh come on Please? For me?” I put on my best puppy dog face, which really probably isn’t the best but as long as it works, it’s all good.

“Ugh, fine Let me go find Ryan and we’ll go.” She jumped up off the bar stool and walked out the door. “Oh Hey Riles, go get ready. We’re goin’ out ” I heard her say just outside the door.

Crap. Does Riley really have to come in here right now? I’m not sure what I look like but I can tell my hair is all knotted and frizzy and I haven’t had a chance to brush my teeth yet... And how am I supposed to act around him? I mean, I know I just spent the night in his room but does that mean we act like a couple now or something?

Thank god the door opened interrupting my thoughts, and Riley poked his head through the door. As soon as he saw me he smiled and stepped through the door and started walking towards me. I got butterflies in my stomach just looking at him. His hair was all ruffled up and messy and he had on a black t-shirt that was a little crooked, like he just threw it on or something.

“Hey.” That’s all he said but it made my stomach do back flips anyways. He came closer and put a hand on the counter on either side of me and leaned in close to my face like he was gonna kiss me.

“Hi.” Wow. Really? Hi? That’s what i just said? Wow. Smooth Aubree. Real smooth.

“So where are we goin?” He came closer to me, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me closer.

“Mmm...what?” My mind was blank. I couldn’t concentrate on anything except for how much I liked being this closer to him. He closed the distance between our bodies and I wrapped my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck. If Bailey and Ryan were to walk in on this we’d have a hard time explaining our way out of this one.

“Where are we going? Bailey told me to get ready.” Our faces were only inches apart now. Just a little bit closer...

“Oh. I talked her into seeing Paranormal Activity.” I smirked and Riley let out a small laugh.

“Well I can see how this is gonna go. Bailey’s gonna be all freaked out and Ryan’s gonna have to go with her to the lobby and then we probably won’t see them for the rest of the movie.” He laughed.

“I can see that.” We both laughed picturing it. “Well, I guess we should get ready then.” I moved to get off the counter but Riley moved with me. “What are you doing?” I laughed.

“I’m not letting you go yet.” He got a devilish smirk across his mouth that turned into a smile. It made my heart melt and the butterflies in my stomach turn into birds. Not just little birds like a chickadee either, big ass birds with huge wings.

He moved one of his hands from my waist to the back of neck and brought our lips together. I could feel him smiled into the kiss and I ran my hands through his hair, trying to pull him closer to me. Then he picked me up with him and started walking towards the door. Before he could go through the door though I grabbed a hold of the end of the counter with my foot which made him go to a complete halt and almost fall with me in his arms.

I could feel him laugh into the kiss, “What was that for?”

“There’s no way we’re walking out of here like this.” I whispered against his lips. “What if Ryan or Bailey were out there? There’s no way to explain our way out of this.” We broke a part for a second and looked into each other’s eyes. Then I felt something hard against my back and I realized he had pushed me up against the wall.

“What would happen if they were out there? I mean, Bailey would probably be mad, but she’d get over it. I’m her brother and you’re her best friend. She’d forgive us.” He may have a point there. “Did I get mad at her when she started dating Ryan? He’s one of my best friends and she’s my sister.”

“But you were mad at them.” I scrunched my face up and he mimicked me.

“I got over it.” I just looked at him and raised my eyebrows. “My point being...” I laughed to myself but not too much, I didn’t want to interrupt him. “We don’t have anything to worry about.”

I thought about what he said for a minute. It all made sense, it’s just that it might not even work that way.

“Let’s just go get ready. We’ll talk about this later when we’re both-” He looked down for a second at how close we were and looked back up into my eyes. “When we’re both thinking clearly.” He smirked as he leaned in closer. Our lips were seconds from touching and I could feel his breath dancing across my mouth. Almost teasingly.

“I like the sound of that.” I whispered and wrapped my arms around his neck again. I brought my lips closer so that they were just barely touching. Just as he was about to close the distance, I unwrapped my legs from his waist and brought my hands away from his neck.

The look in his eyes was so full of lust and a little bit of it almost made me want to laugh. And his face was priceless. .It looked like he was 6 years old and someone just told him they weren’t going to Chuck E. Cheese.

I just smiled and walked around him to the door and stopped. “See ya in a bit.” I said, trying to put on a seductive voice, and winked at him. His mouth just hung open as he watched me turn and walk out the door.

The birds fluttering in my stomach had died back down to butterflies but my head was still spinning. I felt really bubbly and like I would start bursting out into giggle fits any second as i walked upstairs. I heard the kitchen door slowly swing open and I turned back to see Riley following a ways behind me through the living room and up the stairs. A smile spread across my face as I turned into Bailey’s room to get ready.

My mind drifted off to what Riley was saying in the kitchen. Would it really be so bad if Bailey found our about me and Riley? Sure, she’d probably be upset at first for us keeping i t a secret but who wouldn’t be? And it’s not like she’d be mad forever, right? But wait...

I don’t even know how Riley feels about me. I mean yeah it’s kinda obvious there’s something there, but he still hasn’t told me how he feels. And I’m definitely not going to just assume he feels the same way I do.

“Hey Aubree ” Bailey walked by the door to her room.

“In here Bailey ” She stuck her back in the door and blushed slightly for walking right by me the first time.

“Oh. Well we’re leaving in 5 minutes.” She cheered with a smile and then walked the rest of the way down the hallway.

I sighed and finished getting ready. Today is gonna be a long day.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sooooo extremely sorry for not updating in like...a million and two years!!! I've been busy with a bunch of stuff going on and it's just been super hectic. I am really sorry and I hope you guys don't stop reading my stories just because I didn't update for awhile. Hope you guys like this!! =)