Falling for my Best Friends Brother

Aftermath

The next morning I woke up with a smile on my face. Memories of last night rushed through my head. Dancing, cake, music, fighting, breakdowns; it was amazing.

After two years of secretly crushing on Riley we finally kissed. I looked up to see Riley’s sleeping face inches away from mine. The smile on my face grew wider and I leaned up to kiss a few inches below his lips.

“Did you sleep well?” He smiled and slowly opened his eyes.

“Oh...I didn’t think you were awake.” I mumbled shyly and started blushing. Riley just smiled even bigger and kissed my forehead. That’s when everything finally sank in.

I made out with Riley last night.

I made out with Bailey’s brother!

And spent the night with him in his bed!

Bailey is gonna kill me.

I shot out of his arms and sat up. “What does this mean?” Riley sat up beside me and turned so he was completely facing me.

“What? What’s wrong?” He got a worried expression across his face and started rubbing my back to comfort me.

“Bailey." Riley stopped moving his hand and I could tell he hadn't thought about it until now either. “She’s gonna freak out.” I mumbled to myself.

“Don’t worry about her, we can tell her once everything’s figured out. All I’m worried about is you and me.” He moved his hand to the side of my face to make me look at him. A smile spread across my lips as I looked into his eyes. He lowered his face down until it was just inches away from mine. Butterflies appeared in my stomach and my breath hitched in the back of my throat.

For a minute Riley and I just sat there looking at each other. An idea popped into my head and I put on a flirty smile. Riley squinted his eyes slightly, about to ask a question but I was too quick. I put my hands on his shoulders and pushed him down on the bed with me on top of him. I hovered above his face with our lips only a few inches apart.

“So...what exactly are you and I?” I said with a seductive voice and had to bite my lip to keep from smiling like an idiot, but with my luck it would make me look like an idiot anyways.

A breathtaking smile appeared on his mouth and I felt his cool breath tickle my lips. He slid a hand behind my neck and pulled me closer to him, our bodies melting together. My eyes closed as the distance between us grew smaller and smaller until our lips met.

This kiss was softer than last time but just as passionate. His lips were smooth and caressed mine as they moved with each other. After a minute his moved his lips to my neck and along my jawline.

We could hear someone coming up the stairs and my eyes grew wide. Riley and I exchanged worried looks and jumped apart from each other just as Ryan walked into the room.

He opened his mouth to say something but stopped, looking from Riley to me and back to Riley. He raised his eyebrows, taking in the fact that I was wearing Riley's bowers and T-shirt, and leaned against the doorway.

"So, Aubree...Bailey's looking for you." He shook his head and laughed to himself. I stood up from the corner of the bed that I had scrambled to and awkwardly walked to the door. Before I slid by Ryan I whispered, "You never saw me here."

"Saw you where?" He laughed and moved his fingers in a half circle at the corners of his mouth, like he was locking a key. I smiled and pat the top of his head, "Good boy." And I walked out into the hallway and down the stairs.

Riley's POV

I laughed as Aubree skipped out of the room and down the stairs. Ryan looked at me with his mouth slightly open and a smirk on his face. "So...what did you do after the party last night?" He walked over and sat down in my desk chair that was next to my bed.

"Nothing." I looked at him with my eyebrows raised and innocent eyes, trying to play it off with a puppy dog face. Of course he didn't buy it.

"Riley...seriously? You have no shirt on, she has your clothes on, and after you two walked in here last night Bailey and I didn't see you until now. So what happened?" Ryan was one of my best friends and he knew me well enough to know I was hiding something.

"Whatever it is, I won't say anything to Bailey, just tell me. It's killing me!" Even though he was a little over dramatic, no matter how long I tried convincing Ryan that nothing happened, he knew. I let a sigh and looked down at the floor. Hmm, there were littly specs of green and gold in mmy carpet. Who knew?

"Aliright. But you have to promise not to say anything to anyone, especially Bailey." Ryan held his hands up like he was surrendering to the cops, "Who would I tell?"

"Everyone." I thought to myself and laughed. I told him everything that happened from the beginning. Starting when I asked her dance, then when Chris interrupted us, after she got out of the shower, and then when we fell asleep.

Ryan stared off into space looking dumbfounded, "Wow." is all he said. We sat there in silence for a few minutes, "Wow."

I laughed at his reaction, "Is that all you can say?"

He just shook his head and laughed with me. "I just can't...wow. Finally." He muttered to himself. I narrowed my eyes and shot him a questioning glance.

"What do you mean, 'Finally'?" Did he know something I didn't?

"Okay, really Riley? I know you better than you know yourself obviously." What the fuck?! I'm confused now. What's he talking about?

My bewildered expression must've let him know how confused I was. "Dude! You like her! A lot! And you have for awhile. It took ya long enough to figure it out." My mouth dropped. How could he tell? I never said anything to him about liking her.

"Was I that obvious?"I gave a shy smile and he nodded in reply. "Wow."

"Is that all you can say?" Ryan quoted me and got up from the chair and picked the remote up from the bed. "So what's on TV?" I laughed at how quickly he could change the subject.

I flopped back on the bed and stared at the ceiling. "Dude, I think I'm in love."

He laughed and tossed a pillow on top of my head. "Hmm, I don't think I've seen that before. Is it the sequel to Dude, where's my car?" I gave a small laugh at how strange he could be sometimes. "So does Aubree know about your unconditional love?" He changed his voice when he said "unconditional love" to sound like an over dramatic shakespeare actor.

I sat up and was about to speak when something stopped me. Did she know? I mean I kissed her...twice! But I guess I never really said so. Oh no. What if she didn't even like me? What if she just went along with everything because of what happened after Chris showed up? Oh man...

"Riley? Are you okay?" I just shook my head with my mouth open. "I don't think she knows."

"Well don't just sit here! Go! Go tell her!" He grabbed my arm and pulled me off the bed, shoving me towards the door. "No wait!" I turned around and saw Ryan rumaging through one of my dresser drawers.

"What are you doing?!" Just as I said that he grabbed a black T-shirt out of my drawer and threw it at me, hitting me in the face. "Put this on first." I nodded in agreement, threw it over my head, and turned to the door again.

"No wait!" Ryan yelled again grabbing my arm and yanking me back from the doorway. "What?!" I waved my hands up and down once as Ryan moved his hands to the top of my head. "Your hair is a mess, come here. Lemme fix it." He licked his fingers and lunged for my hair.

"Eww! Dude gross!" I side stepped away from him and ruffled my hair up again. "No offense but I don't need your spit in my hair." We both laughed and then Ryan froze.

"What?" Ryan's eyes were wide and his mouth was hanging open. Then he suddenly jumped up swinging his arms and legs in the air. "Dude! What are you doing?!" Ryan could be so random at times. He reminded me of my sister sometimes which is probably why they started dating in the first place.

"Why are we standing around here? You've got a girl to confess your love to! Run man, run!" He grabbed my shoulders and spun me around, not so gently pushing me into the hallway and closing my bedromm door behind me.

"Wow. You and Bailey are perfect for each other." I laughed to myself as I walked down the stairs. Okay now I've just gotta find Aubree and tell her that I'm crazy for her. That's not gonna be nerve-racking or anything.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ehh...I don't know if I like writing in Riley's point of veiw so much.But at least you got to see Ryan a little more. And sorry it's short. The next chapter will be longer I promise!
Please comment! I really want some comments
Pretty pretty please with cherries on top?