Glades and Playgrounds

Chapter XVII;

“Oh… Uhm, alright…” he said and his smile faded increasingly as he talked. I looked down at my clothes, lying scattered around his bed and silently cursed us both for being shy right now. I just said I should go just in case he was be embarrassed, but by the disappointment in his voice, he probably didn’t want us to separate just yet. He opened his mouth like he was about to say something as I picked up my shirt from the floor, but he closed it again when I looked at him.

“I’ll walk you to the door” he said when we both were dressed, “Or to the bathroom…” he added with a smirk, “You should fix your hair”

I turned to look at the TV and laughed at my own reflection; my hair looked like someone hadran their fingers through it while giving me a hand job went amuck with a hairdryer and a bottle of hairspray. It looked pretty good though, but if his mom saw me, she’d definitely know what had been going on, not to mention how my own mother would react once I got home.

“Come here” he said, beckoning for me to come over to him. I walked up to him and placed myself only two decimetres away from him, and he gently ran his hand through my hair, combing it to its usual hairstyle to fix it. I stood there, smiling goofily and tried to make myself stop looking into his eyes.
- Just look anywhere else; at his mouth, his chest, even over his shoulder... but no, his eyes were strangely attractive at the moment, like magnets they forced my own to look into them.

I noticed how he had stopped combing my hair and instead was just making small, circling patterns on the back of my neck.

“How’s my hair?”

“Great, thanks to me”

-

Mikey and Mrs. Way were sitting in the kitchen. Both of them looked at Gerard and me when we walked by; Mikey smirked evilly at Gerard and their mother smiled knowingly at us.

“Hi boys” she said with a voice that clearly showed that she was excited; Mikey had obviously told her how he had found us up in his bedroom. I didn’t know if Mikey realized that he was making me feel awkward as well, or if he had just set his mind on humiliate Gerard and get revenge.

“Hi…” Gerard mumbled, pushing me forward to make me walk faster over to the front door. As we approached it, I was desperately trying to come up with an excuse for me to stay with him, or for him to come with me but even in my head they sounded pretty pathetic so I lay all my hope in him.

“I’ll see you later then” he said when I had, very slowly, pulled on my shoes.

“Yeah,” I agreed and leaned forward to kiss him. He did the same and our lips met in a warm kiss, which developed into a wrestling-match between our tongues. Smiling, I wrapped my arms around his neck to pull him closer and he soon placed his arms around my waist. He playfully bit my bottom lip when I tilted my head backwards to make him kiss me deeper, and I giggled, too girlishly for my liking, but it seemed to amuse him; he grinned against my lips. Slowly, his hands crept under my shirt, but sadly, his mother interrupted us.

“Gerard honey- oh!”

Her voice startled both of us and we flew apart.

“Yes, mom?” Gerard mumbled quietly while rubbing his forehead awkwardly, looking down at he floor. Mrs. Way on the other hand was beaming like the sun itself. I didn’t know that was the reaction you get when you see your son making out with someone, but whatever makes her happy…

“Oh, never mind,” she smiled, waving her hand goofily at us before walking back into the kitchen. Gerard took down his hand from his face and instead looked up at the ceiling with a very pissed off look.

“Next time, we’re at your house…”

I laughed and closed the gap between us that had been made when we jumped away from each other, but I have to agree with him… in my house, you’ll have some more privacy. My lips made contact with his again and the irritation was wiped away from his face, much to my happiness. We got back to our previous positions, arms around each other, and I just prayed to God his mother wouldn’t come back.

“Why do you have to go?” he mumbled against my lips. His breath was hot against my skin. “I mean, is there anything you have to do, or can I come with you?”

Yes!

“You can come with me”.