Glades and Playgrounds

Chapter XIX;

[I’ve had really bad writer’s block this week, but then I saw this person having my story on their profile and my muse for this came rushing back. Thank you.]

The so-called Halloween party was at a rundown, gloomy house, but the singing and laughing guests were making it stand out from the rest of the houses on the street like a neon light in the dark. People had spread out all over the place; most of them were inside, others in the garden and some had even taken the party out on the street to try and wake up the neighbours. Stupid, if you’d ask me since they’d end up calling the cops, but yet understandable as the guests were pretty drunk. Neither of us knew who was hosting the party, not even Bert who had been invited to it in the first place. Speaking of Bert, the poor guy had been dragged away from us by a dark-haired girl with a mask of heavy make up, though I guessed it was some kind of Halloween make up. Or so I hoped… she looked pretty much like a hooker with it.

Suddenly, my cellphone started vibrating in my front pocket and I hastily picked it up, remembering with a pang of guilt that I was supposed to call mom and tell her where I was once I actually knew the answer myself.

“Hello?” I said into the phone, but couldn’t hear the respond. “Hello?”

“Frank, where are you?!” my mom exclaimed. I could barely hear her from the music blaring out from the house and the loud voices around me.

“I’m at a party, okay? I gotta hang up, I can’t hear you”

“Wait, wait, wait!” I heard her call, “Party? What party? Frank, I-“

“Don’t worry, I’m with the guys! I’ll be home in a few hours, bye-“

“Hang up on me and I’ll ground you for life!” she was practically screaming now; I didn’t know whether she did it so I could hear her or if she was mad, “What kind of people are at that party?”

“Gerard’s friends!”

Her answer was drowned in a scream next to me; a guy had picked up a girl, supposedly his girlfriend, and was now spinning around with her on his back. “What?!”

“Alcohol?” mom roared and I looked at the liquor bottles people were clutching in their hands.

“Yeah, but I won’t drink! Okay?”

“Promise!” she called, “Bye!”

I hung up.

“Come on!” Gerard called over the loud music. I was the only one to obey him since Tré, Billie and Mike were nowhere to be seen, so together Gerard and I got inside the crowded house.

People were dancing like crazy, I bet at least half of them were on some sort of drug; couples were shamelessly making out, either standing up or laying in the couch in the living room. The whole place smelt of alcohol, and the music was deafeningly loud; God, how I loved it.

Gerard beckoned for me to follow him into a small kitchen where a table full of beverages stood. “Want a beer?”

One beer wouldn’t hurt. It wasn’t like I would get drunk or anything so without hesitating, I nodded and he threw a golden beer can to me. Opening it, I gulped at least half of it down, then craned my neck to look at the people dancing in the living room. “Come!” I smiled, talking pretty loud so Gerard’d hear me, “I wanna dance!”

He smirked at me, “I hate-“

But he couldn’t finish his sentence; I had dragged him out of the kitchen by the arm. I could hear him protest behind me, saying things like he couldn’t dance, didn’t want to dance, hated dancing and something else about how I was making him spill beer all over himself, but I wasn’t listening. I dragged him into the centre of the ‘dancefloor’, and while I rhythmically started to move my body to the music, he stood still with the beer in his hand, eyebrow raised in an amused look.

“Gerard…” I whined, “Move!”

“I’ll be happy to” he smirked and took a couple of steps backwards, but I seized his hand.

“Not move away, move, as in dance with me!”

“But-“

I flung my arms around his neck, swayed my hips in beat with the music.
When he had said we were going to a party I had expected some normal party, hosted by a cheerleader, with r’n’b music and in a fancy-ass house not too different from the one Bert was living in, but this was completely different. The house almost looked abandoned; there were no carpets or paintings on the walls, though the owners might’ve taken them away before the party, and the furniture looked old and worn out. Rock music was blaring out from the speakers in the back of the living room, and as the most fantastic guitar solo pierced straight into my heart, I felt Gerard starting to dance as well.

I took sip of my beer, noticing there was nothing in it, so I threw it sideways onto the dusty couch.

“You’re enjoying yourself, I see…” Gerard mewed in my ear, so quietly I could barely hear him.

“Am I not allowed to?” I responded, smirking at him when I noticed how he was looking at my dancing body.

- Time elapse -

Uncountable cans of beer and just as many make out-sessions, or more specifically; two hours later, I believe I was wasted. I had never been that drunk before, and I found it hilarious. As a matter of fact, I found a lot of things hilarious. Gerard was really hilarious; he was just as drunk as I and kept singing random lyrics out loud. Not well, I might add; he kept switching from a high-pitched voice to his normal one, making him sound like a retarded bird.

“Shh!” I laughed and put my whole hand over his mouth, “Spare my ears”

The party had slowly died around us, though there were still people dancing and talking but most of the guests had passed out or left. I could spot Tré making out with a girl on the couch, and Mike in the corner of the room, clearly with a bad headache, but yet he didn’t leave.

Something warm and wet was pressing against my palm and I quickly withdrew my hand from Gerard’s mouth. I hadn’t even realized it was still there, “Eww!”

Gerard stuck his tongue out at me, laughing, and got up from where we sat on the floor, “C’mon Frankie!”

“Where?” I giggled, slurring terribly at the single word. Gerard shrugged his shoulders at the same time as he gripped for a door handle to pull himself up with, resulting in him falling straight down on the floor again. I was seriously clutching my sides with laughter.

The air was so thick you could’ve cut it with a knife, or so it felt like. My lungs seemed to shrink with every heartbeat, but for the moment I just thought it was because I was laughing.
To be honest with you, I didn’t even think about it.

Gerard had managed to get up from the floor, but was very unstable both because of the alcohol and his non-stop laughter. He extended a hand for me to take, helping me up and it was quite a scene to see us pull that off. When we were both standing up, he didn’t let go of my hand, instead he started dragging me after him where he stumbled out of the living room and into the kitchen. There were remarkably more people in there, still drinking and talking. They were all so drunk they didn’t even noticed our presence. I stayed in the doorway, following Gerard with my eyes as he walked up to the sink and turned on the tap to drink some water.

Suddenly a quiet voice spoke, probably trying to be seductive but they were failing miserably. Something warm collided with my earlobe and giggle erupted. “Hi there…”

Grinning bewilderedly, I craned my neck slightly to see what it was and found myself staring straight into a couple of huge, brown eyes, marked with thick eyelashes laced with mascara. It was a girl. A scary girl, I might add. She scared the shit out of me. Then suddenly, she spoke again. “Are you here alone?”

Her words were just as slurred as mine and Gerard’s, but her eyes had already given away that she was drunk; she didn’t keep them still for a second. Instead, they darted across my face and body. Still with the bewildered grin on my face, I backed away a few steps as she reached out to touch my lips.

“No,” I told her and she pouted exaggeratedly, “Why?”

I wasn’t stupid, I knew she was flirting with me but I liked her better when she was talking than when she was trying to touch me. She was really pretty though with her big eyes and long dark-brown hair in dreadlocks hanging down past her shoulders, but she still freaked me out.

“Mmh, just wonderin’…” she giggled, putting a finger on her chin as if she was thinking and then started to walk closer to me, slowly closing the gap that I had created between us. A par of arms wrapped themselves around me and for a second I thought it was the girl, but recognized the smell that was now around me like a cloud to be Gerard’s. He wasn’t just hugging me though, he clearly wanted me to move, pressing me away from the girl, and I did nothing but obey. He kept pressing his body against me, and before I could even throw a last glance at the mysterious girl, Gerard had me pinned to the wall in a room I hadn’t been in before.

“Who was she?” he asked and my eyes fluttered shut as he started to kiss me neck, holding my arms over my head. His warm stomach was pressing against my own, and I could feel small sparks of excitement form in my abdomen.

“No idea” I mumbled. For a second, my eyes went blurry and Gerard’s face became unclear; maybe it was the alcohol, or was I crying? No, it was definitely the alcohol. His hips had started to thrust into mine gently and without any read reason, I started laughing as I kissed the part of his cheek that I could reach.

“What?” he asked, giggling slightly himself, “We sh-should get out of here by the way…”

“Why?” I asked, protesting by wriggling out of his grip, releasing my hands, and wrapped them around his neck. “I’m still enjoying myself…” I lowered my hands from his neck and instead put them around his waist.

“Mmh… So am I, but-“ he let out a sharp exhale through his nose as my hand wandered down from his waist, past his arse and settling it on the inside of his thigh, “- but-“ I managed to get another sharp exhale from him as I squeezed his arse with my hand, the one that wasn’t between his legs. “- but Frank, someone’s in the bed…”

I instantly turned around, resulting in getting terribly dizzy, and saw that we were in a bedroom. Or well, it was pretty dark but there was a bed and this was a room, so I’d say it was a bedroom. But Gerard was right; under the covers of the bed were two sleeping forms. Thankfully, they were still sleeping.

[A/N Sorry about the crappiness of the ending... XD I didn't know how to finish it.
+
R.I.P. Casey Calvert. I wasn’t a fan of HH, but I’ve read a lot of messages from their fans and I share their sorrow. I don’t even know what I’d do if any of my heroes died.]