Sing Once Again With Me

Sing Once Again With Me - Ch. 22

Two days had passed since Ella and Meg had bought their dresses, and today was the day. Tonight was the night everyone was anticipating, the Masquerade. The atmosphere buzzed with excitement, and the mood was contagious. Everyone had a bright attitude. Ella, Meg and a friend had just finished cleaning their plates from the table, when Marcus pulled Ella aside.

He sighed both tiredly and thoughtfully. He looked at Ella straight in the eyes for a moment, then glanced around the room. "Look..." he tried to begin, "I guess I understand what you were trying to tell me. And I understand. You make each other happy, and maybe things would work out for you. But you have to understand that as your big brother, and he as the phantom, I'm going to be worried. I mean, listen to me when I say this, he - is - the - phantom - of - the - Opera - Populaire. But I know now you two were good friends when you were younger. I'm going to tell you truthfully though, if anything does happen to you, whether it's his fault or not, while you're with him - I will hunt him down and make him pay the price myself. You can even bring him here and I'll tell it to his face. I don't care if he's Hercules, he will pay." Ella only grinned and gave him a big hug, "I'm the luckiest little sister in the world." Marcus laughed and hugged her back before saying, "I assume you are going to the Masquerade with him?" Ella stepped back and nodded with a small smile, "Who are you going with?" He shook his head, "No one." She looked at him thoughtfully for only a moment before nodding. She now knew he had a lovely lady waiting for him somewhere, what a silly question she had asked. Why would he ask a different girl to attend with him? After a little while the two went their separate ways once again and Ella continued through the rest of her day.

~~~Later that Day.~~~

The sun slowly lowered into the horizon like a sinking ship into the ocean. Ella and Meg had changed into their dresses and Meg was carefully styling Ella's hair. "Meg, you still haven't told me who asked you to the Masquerade!" Ella said with a smile, glancing at her reflection in the vanity mirror. Meg smiled and said, "Briand..."

Ella's eyes widened, "Briand Rousseau?" Meg only giggled and Ella laughed, "Meg, why didn't you tell me sooner?" She shrugged, "Surprise!" giving a playful glance up at the mirror reflection. Briand Rousseau was just only the hottest guy currently living at the Opera Populaire. All of the girls were head over heels for him, and to top it off he was very charming and sweet. Of course Ella loved Eric, and he was handsome, but she couldn't help that Briand was rather gorgeous himself.

She finished Ella's hair and they switched places, Ella now fixing Meg's hair in the way she had described. "When did he ask you?" Meg kept her smile, "Just the other day. Remember, you were waiting with Marcus while I got my change purse? I said I answered a question a friend had asked." Ella gave her a very dramatic and shocked look. "You didn't tell me that entire afternoon? Meg!" Meg giggled and apologized again, "I don't know.. we were busy." Ella rolled her eyes and was soon finished fixing Meg's hair. She then put on a black necklace that the shopkeeper had suggested, it looked perfect with the dress. Meg put on her mask and Ella held hers before they left for the ball room.

They came to be in one of the large hall ways along the outer edge of the building. Large windows claimed the outer wall with dramatic curtains bordering them. On the inner wall were numerous beautiful paintings, mirrors and candle holders; as well as the occasional table with a large vase of lovely flowers or food items. For a while Ella and Meg just leisurely walked along, discussing many things until Briand arrived and Meg went to dance with him. Ella smiled after them and glanced around, suddenly feeling quite lonely. Everyone around her was close to their significant other, and Meg had just left with her escort. Where was Eric? Not seeing him anywhere she sat in a seat right next to a window and watched the sun finally disappear over the horizon.

Out of the corner of her eye, among the crowd she scarcely noticed a man walking in her general direction. Nothing important, but something about his stride, the way he walked, caused her to glance over. Her heart caught in her throat when she recognized Eric. He was absolutely stunning in what appeared to be an entirely new tail suit. It was completely, solid black save for a small scarf piece. His mask was neutrally black as well, but everything about him seemed all the more amazing.

As the distance between them closed to just a few paces Ella stood from her seat with a smile. He was clearly admiring how she looked and he soon said, "Ella, you look so beautiful..." he commented softly, taking her hand and lightly kissing it. She blushed outrageously and responded, "You look quite amazing as well Eric." He then offered his arm with a smirk and she hooked her hand over his elbow. The two happily walked off to the dining hall, unaware that Marcus had been watching from a distance.

The two owner's stood on a small stage and made a toast to another wonderful year for the Opera Populaire before everyone enjoyed a succulent dinner and desert, meanwhile talking and smiling the entire time. Not long after everyone continued to the ball room and small gasps could be heard in marvel of it's grandness. The decorations were ten-fold as lovely as the previous years. Eventually the orchestra began playing and Eric took a breath, about to ask Ella for the dance when Marcus suddenly stepped up. "Excuser moi monsieur, I was hoping you wouldn't mind if I shared the first dance with my petite soeur?" Eric smiled and stepped back, "Of course not." Marcus thanked him and looked at Ella who in response nodded her agreement and the two began their dancing.

Eric and Ella eventually began dancing for a while, but eventually the word spread around and contagious smiles flowered across the room. The guests chosen for the dance this year happily took their places and began parading in sequence, everyone singing along. The sight was amazing and perfectly preformed and when it had finished everyone soon began to slowly file out of the room to go outside. Ella started to walk with them but Eric held her back. "What is it?" she asked, looking back at him confused. "Just wait." he merely replied, standing still. When most of the guests had exited the building the two quickly began walking entirely in the opposite direction.

Soon enough though they stepped out of the door that lead to the rooftop and Eric guided Ella down the stairs. She was silent, staring in awe at the night sky. Millions of stars speckled the onyx abyss and to finalize the spectacle, tonight shone a bright, full moon with naught a cloud in sight. Eric chuckled and hugged her from the back while the two neared the edge of the roof. They waited... and it was a short while before the first firework exploded into the sky with an array of sparkling colors. The crowd below cheered and a few more fire works were set off to explode in the sky.

Ella wanted to tell him how much she was enjoying tonight, how perfect it was but no words would form on her lips. She just watched in wonder as the colorful explosions faded in and out. A joyous grin spread across her face as she thought back to the many wonderful memories she had made at the opera house. Silly little things like when all the girls had encouraged her to sing again and when Madame Giry and the two owners led her away to discuss being the singer in the next opera. The moments she spent behind that large, red curtain so nervous about the next showing, but also the moments she spent on that stage letting the applauds of the crowd echo around her. The first time she had left with Eric... the first time she had realized who he was... All those times she, Meg and Marcus spent together making themselves look ridiculous.

Eric sighed happily and whispered in her ear, "Ella... I love you... I always have loved you, and I always will. I can give you shelter, the career you've always dreamed of..." He carefully turned her around to face him and held her hands in his, looking her sincerely in the eyes. "I can give you my love, and my music..." He slowly knelt down on one knee, still holding her hands and Ella's eyes sparked with surprise. "And now I kneel before you, asking for your hand... Ella Durands, will you marry me?" He slipped a black, velvet box out of his pocket and opened it up to reveal a very large, very shiny, very beautiful ring. Ella's mouth had dropped open long ago and she lightly gasped in disbelief when she saw the ring; the many fire works in the sky sparkled on it's surface. She just stared at it for a moment, then back at him. Joyful tears sprung to her eyes and she choked out, "Of course!" falling to her knees to hug him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image
This is her hairstyle pretty much. No little flower pin things though.

Image
This is Ella's mask.

Image
This is a close up of her dress and her necklace.

Image
That's the front of her dress.

Image
That's the back of her dress.

Image
Those are her shoes.

Image
This is the ring. <3

Image
This is Eric's mask, but not so shiny. :)

Image
This is Eric's suit!