You Had Me Wishing We Were Something

10

Image

"Heres the spaghetti sauce"John said as he put it in the cart I was pushing.

Yes, it was surprising, me and John were grocery shopping together. Mrs.O'Callaghan generously asked me and John if we could do the shopping for her because she was far to busy, she was having guests over later and wanted the house spotless and made sure she had the laundry and every thing finished.

I happily agreed while John groaned but obeyed his mothers request.

"Only a few things left"I said softly. Me and John barely communicated. Surprising right? The only time he spoke to me was to ask me what was next on the list of food we needed.

"Whats next?"He asked as he walked next to me as I pushed the cart down the main isle looking at the other isle headings looking for the pastas.

"Well we need spaghetti" I said as I continued to look at the big signs above the isles saying what was in each isle.

"Thats isle 9"John said spotting the sign that said all the variety's of pastas on it.

"Alrighty"I said as I started pushing the cart to isle 9

As I turned the cart to go into isle 9, I almost crashed into a cart that was leaving the isle.

"Smooth"John chuckled.

"Screw you" I said under my breath.

"John, is that you?"The lady who was pushing the cart I almost crashed into asked.

"Oh, hey Mrs.Callin"John said with a light smile.

"How are you?"She asked smiling back. I just stood there awkwardly holding onto my cart.

"I'm great, wheres Amber?"John asked and I immediately started paying attention to their conversation

"Oh shes around here somewhere, I believe she was getting the milk"

"Oh"John said simply

"Oh here she comes" The women said as she turned her gaze to the side and I looked and so did John.

My heart dropped. This girl was gorgeous. If this was Johns type, I was no where close to it. I looked down. I no longer wanted to look at the girl John went on a date with. I was nothing compared to her.

No wonder John didn't want me. I wasn't up to his standards. I really do shoot myself down...

"John"The girl squealed as she reached us and gave John a hug. John chuckled and hugged her back. The women just smiled at the two. My best guess was she was Amber's mom.

"I had a great time on Friday in case I didn't tell you"She laughed as they stopped hugging. I wanted John to hug me like that. Ah, I think I just need a boyfriend. John preferably.

"Me too"He smiled.

"We need to have you over for dinner some time"The lady smiled. She was obviously happy her daughter was with John, dating or whatever they were to each other. I of course had no idea. I wish I knew but me and John aren't close and I don't know anything about his life.

"That'd be great"John chuckled. He really was nice to everyone. Everyone but me....

"Oh, I'm sorry, I feel rude, who's this?"The lady asked indicating to me and John and the girl turned to face me and I realized they were now holding hands. Yeah I wanted to cry.

"Thats Aubrey, shes my moms friends daughter thats staying with us, she goes to that prep academy"John answered and Amber and her mom smiled at me.

Great, this girl seemed nice too. Of course, leave it to John to find the perfect girl.

"My names Karen and thats my daughter Amber, its nice to meet you"Karen said sticking her hand out to me and I shook it and said

"Same here" with a smile. Obviously a fake smile. Now that I met Amber, all hope was lost. But I couldn't seem to give up on John. I'm going insane if I'm not already there.

"We're just picking up a few things for my mom"John said

"Oh, well ill let you two get back to that"Karen chuckled and I just smiled and tucked my hair behind my ear.

"Call me later?"Amber asked as she faced John and they were like two inches from each others faces. If they kiss I really will run away crying, no lie.

"Of course"John smiled and then just hugged her. Thank god. A hug I can handle.

As the two walked away I just pushed the cart down the isle not saying anything.

"What are you thinking about?"John asked me randomly.

"Why they put the spaghetti and the spaghetti sauce in separate isles"I replied as I kept pushing the cart down the isle.

John just laughed "Thats actually a really good question"

"I know seriously."I said as I stopped the cart and grabbed a package of spaghetti off the shelf.

"Whats next?"John asked

"Eggs"I said as I went back behind the cart and started pushing it again

"Great, lets go back this way"John said walking in front of the cart back down the way we came.

"Hoping to run into your girlfriend again?"I asked casually

John stopped and turned around causing me to almost crash the cart into him

"Hey, warn me when you're going to stop like that, I almost ran you over" I said as I pulled the cart back so I wouldn't run over his feet.

"Shes not my girlfriend"He said simply

"Okay..."I said in the I-don't-care tone. Even though I was smiling in the inside.

"I took her on a date, thats it, Ive just known her since high school and her mom loves me and basically wants me to marry her"

"Thats cute. She would make a pretty bride" I smiled.

"I'm not marrying her"John said rolling his eyes"Not planning on it, I don't like her"

"Oh, so you already fucked her so your done with her. Thats how it works right?"

"Lets get the fucking eggs"John said through his teeth but stood still as he stared at me. It was a hardcore stare. I actually wanted to laugh. I had gotten under his skin.

Eric was right, it was fun pissing John off

"Well then start walking or ill just run you over" I said trying to suppress a giggle.

"When did you become a bitch?"He asked me still staring at me intently.

"Since I met you"

~~

Surprisingly John took all the three bags of our grocery's and carried them. I would have expected him to make me carry them or at least one. Awe what a gentleman. And then that thought made me laugh

"Whats so funny?"John asked as we walked out of the grocery store.

"Nothing"I said simply.

"Hey! Aubs!" I looked up and saw Josh, Chris and a whole group of guys from school.

I walked up to Josh and hugged him. "Hey, what you guys doing? Shopping?"I laughed as Chris hugged me next.

"Actually yes, our dorm room is fucking empty"Matt one of Josh's friends laughed.

I looked to see what John was doing and he was just standing there.

"You look even better out of your uniform"Chris laughed.

"Ha ha. funny"I said sarcastically.

"Why haven't we gone on a date yet?" Matt asked with a laugh.

"Hey, stop hitting on her, I called her first" Josh said

"Josh!"I said and playfully smacked him in the chest and he laughed.

I looked over at John and he looked pissed. He just wanted to leave. I was surprised he didn't just start walking away.

"Oh, this is John, I'm staying at his place. His moms like best friends with my mom"

"Sup, hey,"All the guys said to him and he just forced a smile and said hi.

"Well, we'll let you guys get to shopping"I said as me and John started walking away.

"Wait Aubs"Chris said.

"Yeah?"I asked as I walked back over to him.

He smiled big

"Chris no!"I laughed and started backing away.

He laughed as he picked me up and swung me in circles and squished me in a hug.

"Bye"He said as he put me down.

"Must you always do that? I now have a headache"I laughed.

"See ya at school Aubs"All the guys said as I walked back over to John was standing looking aggravated.

"Can we just go home now?"He asked rolling his eyes

"Yes we can."I said as we walked to the car.

We put all the grocery's in the back and then got in the car.

As we pulled out of the Grocery store parking lot, John actually decided to start a conversation with me

"Interesting friends you have"He mumbled

"Oh yeah? How so?"I asked turning my head to look at him, but he was soooo focused on the road.

"They all want you and treat you like you're a piece of meat"

"They do not!"

"Oh really, saying you look even better out of your uniform isn't considered a I -want -you line?"

"Maybe I dress good"I said crossing my arms across my chest and huffing.

"Maybe your shorts are to short and your tank shoes to much tits"

"What!? My shorts are not short, and my tank covers everything thank you very much."I so was not dressed inappropriately.

"I don't want you dressing like that in public"

"What?! You cant tell me what I can and cannot wear"

"If the way you dress turns other guys on, you're not dressing like that"

"Wow. You aren't my boyfriend. You cant tell me what to do."

"Oh really? Because I'm pretty sure I just told you you cant wear those shorts ever again" He said pulling up at a red light and actually looking over at me

"Yeah well then its a good thing I have other shorts"I said through my teeth. He really was pissing me off

"I don't want you dressing like that in front of other guys. Stick to your fucking uniform or something when you go out in public."

"I'm not wearing my uniform when I don't have to"

"I don't want other guys hitting on you" He said aggravated.

"Why do you even care?!"I said frustrated.

"I don't know, I just do!" He yelled back.

"Fuck you John"I said as I slid down in my seat, tired of fighting with him

"I believe you already have"He smirked and then the light turned green and the car started moving again.

I let out a scream and then covered my face with my hands.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and then ill updateeeeeeeeeee