You Had Me Wishing We Were Something

12

Image

"YAY! GO SHANE!"I yelled as Shane was up to bat. I was standing behind the fence cheering him on at his baseball game I promised to attend.

He smiled in my direction and I yelled "Hit it hard!"

"Thats what she said"He whispered in my hear and it scared the shit out of me and I jumped and turned around to come face to face with John

"Sorry, didn't mean to scare you"He laughed.

"Strike one"I heard the umpire say and I turned my attention back to the game.

"COME ON SHANE! HIT A HOME RUN!"I yelled as he swung his bat.

He hit the ball and ran to first base.

"Safe!" They called and I jumped up and down "YAY SHANE!"I yelled and he waved to me smiling

"You're really into this arent you?"John chuckled.

"As a matter of fact I am. This is the most fun thing Ive done all week"I said as I turned around to face him and leaned back on the fence.

"Thats pretty sad"John laughed.

"I love watching sports, sue me"I said not taking offense to what he said.

"Sports? Thats what you love to watch?"He smiled. He was actually being nice, I mean the nicest hes been.

"Yes, I love watching sports, Mr. Musician" I laughed.

"Just because I play music, doesn't mean I don't play sports, I actually played baseball before I was in the band, and from what I know, people love watching bands play, some more then sports"

"I prefer sports"I smiled with a shrug.

"You wouldn't if you saw my band play"

"Thats where you're wrong. I have seen your band play, and I still prefer watching Shane's game"

"You've seen us play?"He asked incredulously.

"Mhmm, like last year though"

"Oh, thats right, Eric said you liked our bands"

"Yup"

"So whats your favorite song?"He asked with a light smile. A very cute smile. A smile I absolutely love. A smile I wish he gave me more often.

"Well, I love Whoever she is"

"Why that one?"

"Its cute. Actually all your songs are cute. I like cute songs"I laughed

"Yeah most girls do"He smiled.

"Thats the way to go"I smiled

"I never understand why girls love stuff they do. Like flowers. Okay, they smell nice, and they're pretty. I mean whenever I give a girl a rose she gets all smiley. Ive learned roses are the way to go"

"Eh"I said simply.

"What do you mean eh?"He asked with a laugh.

"See, I don't like roses. They're smell isn't even that great. Sure they are pretty, but for me its all about the smell. It needs to smell wonderful. I prefer Daisys"

"Wow, a girl that doesn't like roses"He smiled.

I noticed everyone in the crowd stood up and was screaming so I quickly turned my attention back to the game and saw Shane was running for home.

"RUN SHANE! GO!"I yelled.

"Safe!"The umpire called and the crowd rooting for his team went crazy along with me.

"GOOD JOB SHANE!"I screamed as I jumped up and down.

"Wow I actually find this cute"John laughed.

"Find what cute?"I asked as I stopped jumping and turned back to face him.

He opened his mouth to speak but then was attacked in a hug.
John was taken back at first but then went
"Hey Amber" with a little smile as he hugged her back.

"I didn't know you were coming"She said with a smile as she still hugged his waist and he had his arm around her shoulders.

"Promised Shane I would"John replied.

"Yeah, I promised Gavin I would too"She said all smiles.

I turned my attention away from them and back to the game. Shane's team was now playing outfield.

I couldn't even focus on the game. Amber was here. God why? And me and John were getting along so well.

It just hurt me because she really seemed to like him. And even though John told me he didn't like her, he obviously did. I mean he always smiled when she was around. Like now, he cant stop smiling. Yes, I'm jealous of her.

"YEAH SHANE!"I yelled as he got someone out.

"Aubrey right?"I heard, ugh, Amber say.

"Yup"I replied as I spun around to face her. Her and John still holding onto each other. Very depressing moment.

"Having fun?"She asked with a smile.

"Tons"I smiled back and she giggled lightly. Why does she have to be nice too?This just fucking sucks. I don't want to be around them anymore.
"I'm going to go and find Cindy"I said with a little smile.

"Alright, nice meeting you"She smiled.

"Same here"I replied. LIE.

I walked away from them and sighed. My life fucking sucks. Maybe i should just give up on John. What are my chances of dating him? 0 percent.

We arent even friends.

~~

After the game ended we waited for Shane and then congratulated him.

"Thanks for the support Aubs"Shane said as he hugged me

"Of course.You're like amazing at baseball"I smiled at him

"You're the best Aubs"He smiled.

"Anytime Shane"I said and took off his baseball hat he was wearing and put it on myself.

He just smiled and playfully shook his head.

"John"Mrs.O'Callaghan called.

Yes, he was still with Amber. Unfortunately. I watched him say goodbye to her and she pecked his cheek. I looked down sadly.

"Yeah mom?"He asked as he approached us. I still didn't look up. I liked the fact that Shane's hat was probably covering my whole face as I looked down and you couldn't see my sad face.

"Can you drive Aubrey home, Shane's bringing a few friends over and they need room in the car"

I looked up. Is she seriously doing this to me? Awkward car rides with John are AWKWARD.

"Yeah sure"He replied.

"Alright, you can leave whenever you want, you don't have to wait for us. We have to get everyone together"Mrs.O'Callaghan said to John

"Alright"He said to her and then faced me "Are you ready to go"I just nodded

"Cute hat"He laughed

"Oh I know"I smiled."One sec"I said as I looked around me to spot Shane.

As soon as I did, I took off the hat and put it on his head

"Thanks Aubs"He laughed

"Yup"I laughed.

"Ready?"John asked

"Yeah, lets go"I said as I followed close behind him through the swarm of parents and there kids.

We got in his car and I buckled my seat belt.

"Wanna get something to eat? I mean its not like we have to be home, moms going to be busy with Shane's friends"

"Sure"I said and then he started the car. I liked this day. John was being nice and actually talking to me and not being jerk like.

"Where do you want to eat?"He asked

"I haven't had fast food in forever. So anything fast food"I laughed lightly and he smiled

"Wendy's okay?"

"Yup"I smiled.

"Do you want to go inside or the drive through and we can just eat in the car?"John asked as we almost reached Wendy's

"We can just eat in the car"I shrugged.

"Your okay with just pulling up on a road and eating in the car?"

"Mhmm"

"Alright"He said as he pulled into the Wendy's parking lot.

We ordered our food and then John just parked on an abandoned road about a block from Wendy's.

"I haven't had fries in forever. So good"I said as I ate my fries.

"Yeah"He laughed lightly as he ate too.

"Can I ask you something?"He asked a few minutes later

"Yeah sure"I said happy he was talking to me in the first place

"Do you like Eric?" I froze for a second. Should I lie? I mean I like Eric. But just a teeny bit. I mean I like John a whole heck of a lot.

"No I don't"I said as I popped a french Fri in my mouth. Yes I decided to lie. I was not going to tell the guy I like I like his best friend. Even if I don't like his best friend that much.

"Okay"He said softly.

"Can I ask you something?"I asked as I stopped eating and rested the bag with all my food in it on my lap.

"Sure"He said as he turned to face me, his bag of food in his lap too

"Are you dating Amber?"I asked with courage

"No I'm not"He said softly.

"Okay"I said softly too and was about to reach into my bag for more fries when all of a sudden I felt Johns lips on mine. I was not expecting that. He definitely took me by surprise. But of course, I wasn't going to pull away. Like I wanted to, yeah right.

John started shifting in his seat as he moved closer to me, and I did the same and my bag of food fell off my lap onto the car floor, along with Johns.

We didn't say anything to each other as we kissed with force. But not as much force as the first time. I loved kissing him.

We started climbing into the backseat,not breaking apart for more then two seconds.

We layed across the backseat as he hovered over me, kissing me intently as his hands roamed my body.

I knew exactly what was going to happen when he unbuttoned my shorts and then rested his hands on my hips for a few seconds as he started kissing my neck.

It felt amazing. I loved it when he placed butterfly kisses all along my neck.

He detached his lips from my neck and quickly took off his shirt and then connected his lips to mine.

He started sliding my shorts down slowly as he gently nibbled on my bottom lip.

I knew I was going to be used again. Fucked and forgotten. But I didn't care. I liked the feeling of John being pressed against me, wanting me.

I didn't care how hurt I would end up being when all this was over. I was going to take advantage of this as much as possible.

It was nice to feel wanted by him, even if it was only for a short period of time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hehe im only updating constantly because im getting
sooo many comments. I LOVE IT!:))

haha so comment if you want me to updateeeeeeee:)