You Had Me Wishing We Were Something

03

Image

"Should I start dinner or something?"I asked Shane as we sat at the kitchen table and ate our fruit.

"No, besides, we don't even know what mom is making"He answered as he shoved a pineapple into his mouth.

"Yeah, I guess" I said and continued eating. I felt bad. I mean as soon as she gets home from work, she cooks. Well my mom does the same thing, but still.

"I'm home"Mrs.O'Callaghan announced as she walked into the kitchen holding grocery bags.

I quickly got up and went to help her.

"How was school?"She asked me as we started taking out the grocery's from the bags and placing them on the counter.

"It was absolutely awesome"I answered in all honesty.

"Whats for dinner?"John asked as he walked into the kitchen

"You'll find out when I finish making it"Mrs.O'Callaghan answered him

"Eric and Max are staying over for dinner" John announced

"Thats fine"Cindy replied as she started putting some things in the fridge.

"So Aubrey, how are the boys?"Mrs.O'Callaghan laughed

"Well there is this one kid in my class, his names Josh" I said with a smile and started helping her.

"Oh! have you talked to him"She asked excitedly.

"Well I'm out"John groaned and left the kitchen.

"I have, and hes super nice"I gushed.

"You going to do something about it?"She asked me all smiles. I could tell she loved having another girl in the house.

"No"I said simply.

"Why not!?"

"I don't know"I shrugged "I don't really want to date him I guess. Hes just nice" Or maybe its the strange fact that I seem drawn to your son...

"Well there's plenty of boys out there. You'll find one you want to date" Ive already found one... To bad he you know, hates me.

"I don't really care about boys I guess. Its just a heartbreak after another"

"Trust me, the right one will come along"

"Sure"I shrugged and then helped her start dinner.

~~

"Mrs. O, you make the best food' Eric said as he was shoving a variety of food into his mouth. Chicken,peas,rice....Lets just say, sitting next to him, I got a good view of his eating habits, and well it made me laugh.

"Whats so funny?"He asked turning his head to face me

I shook my head and held in my giggle and said "Nothing" and then looked back down at my plate.

"Ow"I said and looked up and faced Eric."Did you just kick me?"I asked trying my best not to laugh. Laughing at a dinner table is rude, or so my mother says.

"I have no idea what you're talking about"He said with a serious face, and I could tell he was trying his hardest not to break out in a smile.

"Okay, so I'm sick of watching Aubrey and Eric flirt. And I'm pretty sure I lost my appetite" John said out of no where.

Wait, were me and Eric flirting? Since when is talking and being nice flirting? We were definitely not flirting. Maybe I was convincing myself it wasn't flirting because I didn't want John to think it was.

"Brah, they're not flirting, you're just jealous"His friend Max joked.

"Ha ha yes jealous. Thats exactly what I am" John said sarcastically as he rolled his eyes.

Wow that little sentence made me sad.

"Enough joking around, eat your dinners"Mrs.O'Callaghan said with a smile so it didn't come off as rude.

"I'm not hungry"John groaned and I noticed he quickly looked at me and then down at his plate.

My heart started to beat faster. That little eye contact, even though it was for a split second, made my heart leap.

Why do I always fall for the assholes?

~~

"Yo, lets go play some pool up in the game room" John said coming into the kitchen as me and Eric were clearing the table.

Mrs.O'Callaghan had to go make sure Shane brushed his teeth and was going to bed because he had an important baseball game tomorrow, so she also went to quickly wash his uniform.

I offered to clear the table and clean up the kitchen.

Just as everyone was leaving the kitchen, Eric stopped and offered to help me, which I accepted with a smile.

I don't think John realized he wasn't following him upstairs up until a few minutes ago.

"Nah man, I'm gonna help Aubs clean up" He responded to John as he put some plates in the sink

"Wow dude, seriously? Why the fuck would you want to help her clean up?"John asked pretty rudely may I add.

"I'm fucking sick of you"I said through my teeth as I stopped in my tracks with plates in my hand I was about to put in the sink

"What was that?"John asked pretty surprised and a tad mad.

"You heard me. You're just a complete asshole and I would rather you keep your fucking mouth shut around me."I said pretty much fed up with his bitter attitude.

"I haven't even done anything to you"He said through his teeth as he was slightly glaring at me.

"Yes, except for being a complete jerk"I said as I continued walking and put the plates in the sink.

"How the fuck have I been a jerk?"

"I don't feel like fucking talking to you"

"I never knew what type of mouth you had on you. Wow, a girl like you swears?" John said with a chuckle. But it wasn't a funny situation

"You guys.."Eric started

"Shut up"John said to him indicating to him to stop talking.

"A girl like me? Whats that mean?" I had no clue what he was talking about

"You know, a goody goody."

"You don't know me"I said glaring.

"Ive picked up on things"

"What things?"I asked curious as I stood a few feet away from him, but directly in front of him and put my hands on my hips. I could see Eric out of the corner of my eye, standing there awkwardly looking at me and John, scared to say something.

"Well for one, you're a home body-"Then I cut him off

"A home body?!"

"You stay in this house all fucking day. Well besides when you go to school. You don't want to know where anything in this town is. Obviously you don't party"

"And thats a bad thing?"

"In my world. Yes"

"Well its a great thing I don't live in ' your world' "I said as I rolled my eyes.

"Oh, you will soon enough"

"And whats that mean?" I asked completely confused

"You'll find out"He said and then left the kitchen.

I turned around to face Eric and he shrugged. "Johns not usually that way to girls"Eric said softly as I turned on the sink to rinse the plates so I could put them in the dishwasher.

"What do you mean?"I asked calming down from my little argument with John. Truth be told, I liked that argument....Yes Ive established that I have problems. I mean that was the most words me and John have ever shared. I liked him actually taking notice to me...

"Well"He started as he opened the dishwasher."Johns not usually mean. Like hes a nice guy. Ive never seen him so rude to a girl before. It sort of surprised me"Eric said in honesty.

"Maybe you should go up and play pool with him or whatever, so you know he doesn't get mad"I said softly. I was sad. John does hate me. He treats me differently. Why cant he treat me like he treats everyone else?

"Nah, thats fine, I don't usually see him mad, and I guess me hanging with you pisses him the fuck off, so ill stay with you"He said with a soft laugh.

I just smiled at him and handed him the plates as he put them in the dishwasher.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and Ill updateeee haha come on I have like over 20 subscribers:)

Comment.....Rate....Subscribe