You Had Me Wishing We Were Something

34

Image

The next morning we all went inside, bringing our sleeping bags along with us.

I ended up waking up before everyone, figures. I quietly crawled out of Johns sleeping bag. And well of course its hard to get out without waking the other person. So John woke up, a little bitter he woke up so early. It was like 7 or something.

We woke up Shane and he was just as bitter as John. Brothers.

We rolled our sleeping bags back up, and walked into the kitchen. Completely awake now. We were laughing about something. I was still tired that I didn't even know about what. All Shane kept saying was 'that was fun. More comfy then I thought. I loved the smell of the grass' hes adorable. Period.

We made eggos for breakfast. Just popped them in the toaster.

We all sat at the table and had light convo as we ate. Shane was still complaining a tad about being up so early.

Me and John just laughed at him.

"Oh! Did you know I'm moving back in?"I asked Shane. Obviously John knew.

"Yup"He smiled

"You did?"I asked with a laugh

"Yeah, last night mom came into the living room and was basically jumping up and down when she told me"Shane chuckled

"I love her"I smiled. She was my second mother. She was amazing.

After Shane ate, he so gracefully got up, and announced that he was going back to bed

"Thats not healthy! You're up so stay up"I said as I pointed my fork at him

He just yawned and then laughed and left the kitchen.

I just shook my head and got up, taking my plate with me. I walked over to the sink and put my plate in there.

As I turned on the sink to rinse my plate off, I felt Johns arms snake around me from behind

"John"I laughed

"Shane's asleep"

"John"I laughed again as he started kissing my neck softly.

I turned around in his arms, making his lips break away from my neck. "I wouldn't appreciate a hickey"I said with a little laugh and John smiled.

He just leaned down and kissed me softly. Letting his lips linger there for a few seconds.

"You taste good"I giggled "Mmm syrup"

John laughed and kissed me again.

"Okay, time for some TV"I said putting my hands up to his chest and lightly shoving him away.

"Fine"John groaned

"I'm starting to get the feeling you only like kissing me."I said as I started walking to the living room as John walked behind me, his hands on my hips as he walked close behind.

"I like having the feeling that when I kiss you, I know you're mine, and I'm the only one who's lips could be on yours."He said simply.

I liked that point.

~~

"Its a school night"I said as me and John got in his car. He told his parents he would drive me back since he was planning on going out anyway. I really felt bad about lieing to his parents. I just didn't feel now was the right time to tell them I was dating their son. I don't know. Maybe I just didn't want their reaction.

I knew they would absolutely adore it, but then I knew they would act differently with me and John. Like not let us be in the same room alone together or something. I mean thats how my parents are. They don't let me be alone with a guy, I have to keep my bedroom door open at all times.

I like being with John. I don't want his parents watching us and making sure we aren't having sex in their house.

Sure its bad hiding it. Considering we have had sex in their house, but I like how me and John can pretty much watch TV alone together without them thinking anything is going on. They well think me and John aren't that close.So they don't think anything of it.

I mean that time when Cindy saw us in bed together, I got super nervous thinking she would be upset. I just don't want them to know right now I guess.

"Oh I know. Thats why I am making sure you are back at your dorm at nine, and in bed"John said as he made a right. We were going to some diner everyone agreed to meet up at and eat and all.

"Nine? Thats in like two hours"I whined

"Fine 9:30"

"Fine"I sighed knowing John wouldn't go past 9:30. "You're staying with me tonight right?"I asked as I turned on the radio

"Actually no. I'm staying with the guys all night. Some party later"He said a little nervous like.

"Party? You're going to a party and I cant go?"I asked a little down

"No, you have school in the morning. I'm just gonna drop you back at school"He said completely made up.

"You wont cheat on me right?"I asked with a little laugh but was completely serious. My last boyfriend cheated on me at a party.

"Of course not! Are you crazy? Why would I go through everything to get you and then throw you away a couple days after we start dating? I wouldn't end a relationship that means the world to me at the moment for a one night stand'

"Okay"I smiled. I was now happy.

"We're here"John informed me as he pulled in at the diner and parked.

We got out of the car and started walking to the entrance of the diner.

John immediately grabbed my hand and laced our fingers. It made me smile. Just being with him makes me smile.

He opened the door and let me in first

"Thank you"I smiled as I walked in, pulling him along as we still held hands. John just chuckled as we stopped at the entrance and looked around to see if we spotted the guys.

"There"I said pointing with the hand John held so I held his hand up too, and then looked at our hands and let go of his hand making it fall back to his side.He just sighed as we started walking over to the guys.

They occupied a booth, basically squished together to fit everyone in there.

I was happy when I didn't see Amber, considering she pretty much was apart of the group as she was with them all the time lately. But I saw Eric and a smile spread on my face. I wasn't even controlling it.

"Aubrey!"Nick said excitedly.

"Hey Nick Nack"I said with a little laugh as all the guys were moving over to make room for me and John.

John indicated that I slide in first, even though I'm sure he didn't want me sitting next to Eric, but he didn't want to seem rude if he just basically cut in front of me and sat first. He was trying to act like a gentleman.

"Hey"I said with a little smile as I sat next to Eric.

"Sup"He smiled. I was now completely squished between John and Eric. I wasn't complaining.

There was around roughly ten of us trying to fit in a booth around a little table. It was actually fun. I mean the guys were all fun in general.

"Did you guys order yet?"John asked

"Nah, we were waiting for you guys. Waitress is coming over now though"Garrett said nodding in the direction the lady was coming in to our table

"What do you want to eat?"John asked me and I just shrugged.

"Ill just pick off your plate. I'm not really that hungry."I smiled at him.

"You sure?"He asked

"Positive. But make sure you get fries"

"Okay"He chuckled."Ill have a burger and fries."He said to the waitress that now stood in front of our booth with a note pad.

I looked across the table at Nick and Jared who where sitting exactly across from me. They were giving me confused looks.

"What?"I asked them with a laugh

"Nothing"Jared laughed back.

I looked at Nick and caught his eye and he discreetly looked at John and then back at me. Then a small smile crossed his face. Like he knew there was something between us.

I just rolled my eyes at him. He was always one of my favorites.

"So Aubs, hows school?"Justin asked as the waitress left our table

"We asked her that on Friday"Pat said matter-of-factly."She said it was great"He chuckled.

"Oh yeah, the day you guys invited yourselves to come bowling with us"John laughed. At least he was in a better mood about them crashing our date now. I would have expected him to snap at them about it.

"Well bowling's fun, we wanted to go bowling too. Its not like you guys wanted to be alone"Pat laughed. Clueless little boy.

I laughed. But not at what he said. At him. Pat was just funny.

"Unless it was like a date, you know"Nick smirked.

"You don't know what you're talking about darling little red head"I smiled.

"Oh I don't?"Nick smiled back.

"Don't make assumptions"I laughed.

"Alright"Nick smiled. And he got it. Smart one he is.

John just sat there. He didn't say anything on the subject. I just felt him grab my hand under the table. It felt like he was drawing shapes on my palm. I liked it. I couldn't help but smile at him.

"Its starting to get fucking cold. I'm freezing"Kennedy decided to share.

"I cant wait till it snows"I beamed

"Snows? Why? Its cold"Eric said

I turned my head to face him and simply said "Snows pretty. I love it"

"Alright"He chuckled and I smiled back. I love how everything was forgotten with him. Its unbelievable actually. Who could have thought it would be that simple to forget things?But I guess Eric's that type of guy.

"Its awesome how you guys get along, I don't really get along with my ex's"Garrett so nicely said. Really? He had to go there and mention our relationship??

I just nodded, didn't say anything, just sort of looked over at John, away from Eric. Hes been kind of quiet. I knew he wasn't mad at me or anything like that though because he was still drawing on my palm.

"Yeah"Eric just said softly. Not liking that Garrett mentioned it as much as me. An awkward silence actually followed right after. No one said anything.

I just looked down at my lap, were mine and Johns hands were. I looked at Johns finger drawing on my palm.

I smiled as I realized what he was drawing. It was a heart. Over and over again.

I leaned my head on his arm as I smiled and felt him draw the heart. I think I got caught up in the moment because as I snapped back into reality. EVERYONE was staring at me and John.

"What?"John asked with a hint of annoyance in his voice.

"Nothing"Pat said immediately. Then our food came. Took long enough. Well it was a lot of orders.

John put his plate in between us, but I just stared at it. I wasn't hungry but I took a Fri anyway. I all of a sudden was feeling depressed. And I have no idea why. It was like a mood swing

"Are you okay?"John asked me softly.

"Yeah"I said faking a smile. Was I sad because me and Eric were no more?Definitely not.
I didn't know why I suddenly felt like that. But I shook it off and smiled as I took another Fri.

We sat in there for like an hour and a half. In some sense I think at least half of the guys figured out me and John had something going on. I mean like John said, they knew he liked me, did they know I liked him?

I think we made it a little obvious. I wasn't really trying to hide anything though.

I think Eric knew. Just when I looked over at him ,the look he gave me, a forced smile, a smile that said, I just want you to be happy. But I knew Eric, he probably refused to believe I was finally with John.

I think all the guys were afraid to say or ask us about well us. They didn't want us to get heated or an argument to break out.

"You ready?"John asked

"Yeah"I sighed as I now had to be back at the dorms. Time for bed. Yay...

"Ill take her"Eric offered. I could tell John was trying to stay calm

"Nah its fine"John said simply. I just sat back as they talked.

"Its alright, I'd love to drive her back to school. I haven't in a while"Eric chuckled.

I knew John didn't want me alone with Eric at all. But I'm pretty sure he trusted me because he went

"Sure, whatever" and discreetly rolled his eyes. But I caught it.

John slid out of the booth so me and Eric could get out. I stepped in front of him as he said "Ill call you later"

"John please don't drink"I begged

"Aubrey. I promise."He sighed but then smiled right after ward.

We hugged and I could tell John wanted to kiss me goodnight but couldn't so he sighed again as I let go of him and faced the table

"Night guys"I smiled.

"Bye Aubs"They pretty much all said in union. Nick smirked as his eyes traveled back and forth between me and John. Oh he so knew

"Night" I said softly to John.

"Night"He said with a little smile and then looked at Eric for a split second. I gave him the look and he smiled, nodding, getting what I meant.

Wow knowing I couldn't kiss John at the moment made me want to kiss him even more. So this time I sighed.

"Ready?"Eric asked

"Yeah, lets go"I said with a smile as we started walking out of the diner, I looked back over my shoulder to the table and John was looking back, watching me and Eric leave together. I knew he didn't want this to happen. But he didn't want to put up a fight about it and make them realize if they hadn't already, me and John were more then just friends.
♠ ♠ ♠
Im having a really hard time updating. I just dont want to anymore.
Comments and subscribers are the only reason I update.
So I guess Comment or subscribe if you want me to update...