You Had Me Wishing We Were Something

38

"What would you do if you really were pregnant with Johns child?" Eric asked as we sat in the coffee shop, drinking coffee and eating a muffin.

"As mean as this sounds, I'd kill it"I said as I took a sip of my warm coffee.

"Really?"Eric asked a little shocked.

"Yes, but thank god that's not the case."I said in relief. My pregnancy scare was over. I got my period, and even took a test to make sure. I'm baby free. Thank the lord.

"Wow, that would have been so weird, you know, if you were pregnant."

"I know. Quite frankly, I don't want kids, well with John I guess"

"Ok, I'm confused, why don't you want Johns child?" Eric asked as he bit into his muffin

"As much as we love each other now, that love will fade. On Johns side. I don't want us to get married, have kids, and then get divorced and drag the kids through that. Its like I have a feeling me and John wont stay together. Eric can I tell you something that you definitely cant tell John?"

"Of course"

"I don't think hes the one."I said softly.

Eric's eyes went wide. "Since when,? you've been in love with him since I could remember. Since we dated.Through everything its always been about John"

"I know"I said softly. "Its like I liked the chase better. Maybe I wanted him so much because I felt like I couldn't have him."

"No Aubrey"Eric said shaking his head "Somethings bothering you about him"

"That's the thing!John talking about wanting to be with me forever scares me. we haven't been together for that long. Its like hes only head over heels at the moment, and hes rushing things. Hes going to get sick of me and stop liking me soon."

Eric shook his head. "I know my friend, John loves you, he'll do anything for you,and if he's asked you to marry him, he knows hes found the one. John doesn't just ask every girl he dates to be his wife."

"I cant see my life without him"I said softly

"You know, I always wondered why you liked him so much. What he had that I didn't"Eric said with a little chuckle as he sipped his coffee

For some reason, at the moment, I just felt bad, Eric always treated me nicely, did what I wanted, was an all around great boyfriend, but I never appreciated it.

"We never slept together" I heard myself say as I was lost in thought. "Oh my god" I said as my eyes went wide and I covered my mouth with my hands. Why did I just say that?

Eric was just laughing uncontrollably.

"I cant believe I just said that"I said and looked down

"No problem, it lightened the mood"He laughed "And we just weren't rushing anything"He answered.

"I kind off like that, I think me and John are to rushed. We've slept together multiple times"

Eric just gave me a light smile and looked down at his muffin

"Hey Eric?"

"Yeah?"He asked still looking down

"If you loved me, would you follow me to Texas?"

"Well considering you have my heart, and I'd have to follow my heart right after you, so yes"He smiled lightly.

I just nodded my head and looked down.
♠ ♠ ♠
Filler type thing. Sorry its like super short. It gets better I swear.
Comment if you want me to updatee