You Had Me Wishing We Were Something

40

Image

"Aubs, you are such a confusing person" Eric chuckled as he took a bite of his burger.

We were eating at McDonald's and I was informing Eric that John was the one.

"I know" I jokingly whined

"Is it a good thing that you're having such a hard time making up your mind on whether Johns the one or not?" he chuckled again.

Obviously he found all this funny.

"No, I guess not"I sighed and he laughed again.

I took a bite of one of my french fries and then dropped the rest of the fry back onto my trey.

"Well he better be "the one" since you've pretty much chose him over everyone" Eric joked, but I knew he was serious.

"Maybe I do love him, but I see it impossible to stay with him. I mean after school I have to go back home, I miss my family terribly, and John wont follow me to Texas"I said my voice dropping a little

"Aubs, you never know, talk to him about it. He loves you, he will"

"We sort of have already though, I'm pretty sure he made it clear he wouldn't come with me when he kept saying 'stay here' " I said as I took another bite of a fry.

"Well it looks like you'll just have to cross that bridge when you get there"Eric said with a light smile and I smiled back. God, why was he so amazing?

"Well on a brighter note, John said he'd take me to my prom" I said smiley.

"Prom? isn't that like may or June?" Eric asked, his face slightly scrunched

"Yup" I said with a little laugh

"Aubs, are you sure?" Eric asked, his face still scrunched.

"Yeah...." I said a little confused now

"We're touring?" Now Eric seemed confused

"What?" I squeaked

"Aubs, didn't John tell you?"Eric asked a little surprised and I think a hint of sadness. For me I'm guessing.

"No" I squeaked again.

"Aubrey, please don't cry"Eric said as he started getting up

"I'm not" I said as I wiped a single tear that accidentally spilled over and quickly got up and started to walk out quickly.

"Aubrey" Eric said as he grabbed my hand and stopped me as soon as I reached the door.

I looked into Eric's eyes and then burst out crying.

"Come here"Eric said as he pulled me into him, hugging me tightly

"How could he?"I cried into his chest

"Maybe he forgot"he said comfortingly.

"I hate him" I cried

"No you don't. Here come on, lets go to my car, ill drive you home" Eric said as he still held onto me as he led me out of McDonald's.

We got in the car and I just sat there looking straight ahead as he started the car.

How could John do that? I had a good reason to act this way right? I had a reason to cry. This was important to me. John told me he would take me. Why would he do that if he couldn't? Why would he lie to me?

"Just talk to him about it" Eric said softly.

"Hes a jerk" I mumbled

"Aubs, he loves you."Eric said reassuringly as he took a hold of my hand and after that, I calmed down.

~~

"Hey Hun, how was your day?" John asked as he walked into the kitchen.

"Don't fucking talk to me"I snapped at him as I grabbed a vitamin water and slammed the fridge shut.

"Whats wrong?"He asked as he rolled his eyes, annoyed.

"You're rolling your eyes at me now? Fucking asshole"I said as I chucked my vitamin water at him, hitting him right in the shoulder.

"What the fuck Aubrey?!" He yelled as he automatically started rubbing his shoulder "That fucking hurt"

"Good" I sneered at him.

"What did I do now?"He asked as he still held onto his shoulder.

"Why would you lie to me? Why are you such a bad fucking boyfriend? Why are we dating?"I asked frustrated.

"Woah woah woah, calm down"John said as he took a step towards me and I took a step back.

"Don't come near me"I said shaking my head.

"Whats going on?!"He asked getting mad.

"If you're going on tour, then why the fuck would you tell me you'd take me to prom. That you were 'planning' on it." I said as I blinked a few times, hoping I wouldn't cry.

"Aubrey"He said quietly.

"Why would you do that John. Are you purposely trying to hurt me?" I asked softly, looking away from him.

"No, of course not,I just, I just don't really want you to go with anyone else. I'm selfish I get it" He said raising his voice a tad. Like he was mad. He had no right to be mad.

"Yeah you are!"

"Go with Brett, I don't care."He said shaking his head.

"I don't want to go with Brett! Why couldn't you be honest with me and tell me you couldn't take me? I'd understand. But you telling me you would take me, and then me finding out you couldn't hurt. A lot."

"Who told you? Oh let me guess, you're buddy Eric"He said rolling his eyes.

"You're such a prick"I said and started walking out of the kitchen.

"Aubrey"He said taking a hold of my arm.

"Leave me alone John."I said snatching my arm away from him

"Fine whatever, I'm leaving anyway. Bye" he said aggravated as he walked around me and left the kitchen.

I stood there in shock for a few minutes then let out a tiny scream and then went up to my room.

I went over to my dresser and grabbed my cell phone. I attempted to turn it on and then remembered that John took my battery as a joke.

I screamed in aggravation at the freaking thought of him at the moment. I walked through the bathroom and into his room.

I stood in the doorway looking around his room for a second and then decided to look ontop of his dresser for my my battery.

Not there. Now I was just pissed.

I flung his nightstand drew open, with to much force I'm guessing because the whole drewer came out, dumping all its contents onto the floor.

I groaned as I slid the drew back in and then started picking up all of his junk off the floor.

I picked up the scattered papers off the floor first and realized they were rough drafts of songs which actually made me smile and then I remembered I was mad. I put the papers in the drewer and then started picking up his pens, picks and pictures. Mostly of him and Amber... Why do we not have any pictures together? Like really? We are just oh so in love.

I found my battery and slipped it back into my phone. I pressed speed dial 1, which happened to be John. It rang a few times and I waited a little impatiently for him to answer.

"Yes?"He asked after about the 5th ring.

"Where are you?"I asked rolling my eyes.

"Driving around if you must know. Ive been gone for about ten minutes. How far do you think I could have gone already?"

"Just come home, I'm bored" I said as I looked down at the floor at all his stuff still lying there.

He just laughed lightly "Fine"

"Good, bye" I said and hung up and then continued to pick up his junk.

I came across a little black box...

I opened it and guess what I found? An engagement ring.
♠ ♠ ♠
Someone reported this story, I got mad. haha.

But then I felt bad for everyone who loved it.
Comment:)