You Had Me Wishing We Were Something

43

Image

"John I miss my family!" I cried as I was about ready to throw my apple at him.

"But then whats going to happen to us Aubrey?" he asked frustrated. He had only been back from tour for two days and we were already fighting. But I expected nothing less.

I was graduated and moving back to Texas in only two weeks. I had just broke the news to John that I had already had my plane ticket. His simple response was that better be a round trip. Its one way John I had said quietly looking down. And that's when he went crazy.

"I don't know okay! What did you expect?! I'm going to college in the fall, either way I cant stay with you!"

"Aubrey!"he started completely mad "Why do you have to go to college? You're not going to have to get a job, I'm pretty sure I can support you!"

"No John! Don't even go there"I said completely at tears now "There is no way I'm not making a future for myself. I don't see following you around on tour in my future"

"I don't want to lose you! What don't you understand about that?!" He yelled making me cry even harder

"What makes you think I want to lose you?! I love you John, so much, its just I have to do whats best for me"I said placing the apple I was holding on the counter.

"Oh so I'm not the 'best' for you? I finally see things clearly, thank you" He said about to walk out of the kitchen

"No John" I said standing in front of him "You're my everything, I just need to get my life mapped out. I want to be with you, I love you"I said sincerely as I wiped my tears with the back of my hand.

He looked into my eyes for a few seconds. Then he leaned down and planted a soft passionate kiss on my lips, letting his lips linger there. I loved his taste.

He pulled away slowly, and then quietly whispered in my ear "We're over" and then kissed my cheek, turned away, and walked away.

leaving me standing there in complete shock. After a few minutes had passed and what just happened dawned on me, I started crying uncontrollably.

~~

"How could he do that Nick? Why did he do that? I didn't want that"I said on the verge of tears again.

"Aubs, he thinks hes doing whats best for you"Nick said softly and comfortingly.

"How is that best for me?!" I cried out as I turned on the couch to face him.

"He thinks without him and you having an attachment, lets say, it'll be easier for you to leave, and get on with your life without him. He doesn't think long distance would work."Nick said gently trying to explain all this to me the best he could.

"Just I want to be alone. Not to be rude, can you just leave me in peace?" I asked him. Nick wasn't cheering me. If anything, he was going to make me cry even harder.

"Alright, no problem, ill talk to you later?"He asked as he started getting up.

"Yeah, sure"I said as I started thinking about the whole situation.

And with that, Nick just walked out of the living room.

I layed down on the couch, holding my necklace and started crying silently.

~~

"You all ready?"He asked coming into the kitchen, holding his car keys.

"Yeah..wait. Are you taking me to school?" I choked out. blinking a few times preventing myself from crying..
again. I mean its only been three days. This was the first time since he broke up with me that hes even spoken a word to me. I had to go bring all my textbooks back and clean out my locker. My last time ever entering that school.

"Yeah... So lets go"He said acting like how he acted when we first met. A jackass

"O-Okay" I said getting up from the kitchen table and grabbing my messenger bag as I followed John out of the house and to his car.

He didn't even open the car door for me like he usually did, I wasn't going to cry, I kept trying to convince myself.

John started the car and I just stared straight ahead as I started fidgeting with my hands.

This felt just like old times.

after five minutes of silence I couldn't take it.

"Why did you have to do that John? If you were planning on breaking up with me, why couldn't you at least wait until the day before I had to leave? To save me all this pain. What is your problem?"I asked frustrated.

"My problem? My girlfriend, I mean ex girlfriend, Who I happen to be in love with, chose to leave me. How the fuck do you think we could continue to be together if you're moving so far away? I don't even know if ill ever see you again once you leave. We're going down two separate paths Aubrey"

"If you loved me you'd find a way to be with me"I said softly and quietly. After that the car fell silent.

~~

Everyone in the O'Callaghan household knew me and John broke up. I mean we didn't even have to tell them. You could just see the tension between us.

The good part was no one questioned and asked us what was going on.

Maybe I was acting stupid by pretty much staying locked up in my room for the last week I was going to be in this town. Its now been five days since John decided to be an asshole and break my heart for the millionth time. I thought he loved me?

There was a soft knock on my bedroom door and my heart started racing, hoping it was John saying I made a mistake.

I opened my door and sighed

"I don't want to talk Eric."I said getting ready to close my room door.

"No Aubrey, I don't want you to leave like this, cant you at least talk to me?"he asked desperately. Truth be told Ive been ignoring him lately. I didn't want to talk to any guy who's name wasn't John.

"I don't want to talk Eric"I said closing my bedroom door and locking it. I layed back down on my bed gripping my necklace in my palm and started crying, yet again.

~~

"Ill miss you Aubs"Shane said giving me a tight hug

"Ill miss you more Shane"I said with a little laugh as I hugged him back.

I was saying my goodbyes to the O'Callaghans as today was the day I was going home.

I had said goodbye to everyone already besides the one that truly mattered.

He just stood there as I said goodbye to his family. Cindy made him come downstairs to say goodbye. Go figure.

"Bye Aubrey"John said softly as he still stood leaned against the wall, not even looking at me. I looked down and away from him

"Bye John"I said quietly.

~~

I was laying on my bed reading a romance novel that had belonged to my older sister.

I had been back home in Texas for 3 weeks now. I was used to the fact John wasn't coming, he wasn't coming to see me, he wasn't going to call. He was just going to move on like I had never stepped into his life.

"Aubrey"My mom said as she knocked on my half open bedroom door and then stepped in

"Yes mom?" I asked as I put my book down.

"You have a visitor"She smiled "I'm gonna go finish dinner, hes downstairs"She smiled then walked out of my room.

I was a little shocked at first then a few seconds later for off my bed and put my book on my dresser as I walked out of my room.

I started walking down the stairs and a huge smile spread on my face

"Eric!"I said excitedly as I started going down the stairs faster and then jumped into his arms before I was even all the way down the stairs. He laughed as he caught me and spun me around as he hugged me tightly.

He then placed me on my feet and we continued to hug tightly.

"I missed you so much"I laughed as we finally let go and I looked at his smiling face "This has got to be the happiest Ive been in a while"I smiled"So what brings you out here all the way to Texas?"

"Well" he started as picked up the heart on the necklace he got me."I decided to follow my heart" he smiled.

I smiled as I bit down on my bottom lip and then leaned up and gave him a gentle kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just incase youre wondering this isnt the end, buttt comment if you want the next chapterrr