You Had Me Wishing We Were Something

07

Image

Mr. and Mrs.O'Callaghan had gotten back early this morning. I guess they got back when I was in school.

Mr.O'Callghan was at his work, his first day back, and Mrs.O'Callaghan was actually taking a nap.

I walked into the kitchen to see Shane sitting at the kitchen table eating what looked like macaroni and John was fixing himself a bowl of cereal.

I sat down across from Shane and put my workbook and notebook on the table, in hopes of getting some homework done. I always loved doing homework in the kitchen for some strange reason.

"John, can you come to my game this Friday?"Shane asked turning around in his chair to face John was was at the counter pouring his cereal into a bowl.

"I cant, I have a date. Sorry bud, I promise ill come to your next one though"John said not even looking up. Good, because I'm pretty sure if I caught his eye I would have just started crying. How could he? A date? Okay so we weren't dating, far from it, but seriously? The thing that makes me mad is he acts like it never happened. Maybe I really wasn't a good lay. ugh you know what? Fuck him. A date?! I don't want him dating anyone. Thats to be expected.

"Fine"Shane sighed and then turned back around"Aubs can you please come?"

"I'm sorry Shane, but the dance is this Friday"I said as I just held my pencil to the paper.

"So, you arent going"John said as he still didn't look up just kept making his food.

"It just so happens I am"I said with confidence

"Alone?"John laughed as he poured milk into his cereal.

"No, I have a date"I said keeping calm. As I opened my textbook to the page I had to do.

"Who?!"John pretty much yelled, but neither me or Shane were surprised. Shane just went back to eating.

"Eric"I said this time not looking up at him as I skimmed my textbook

"Eric who?"John asked through his teeth

"You're friend Eric"I said this time looking up so I could see his reaction.

"You're kidding"He said and it looked like he was ready to explode. And man if looks could kill.

"No, he asked me if I wanted to go with him and I said yes. I really like him"I said with a little smile and I think that made him even madder because he started breathing heavier. I actually wanted to laugh.

"When have you even fucking talked to him? I haven't brought him over"

"Coffee shop yesterday."I said simply and went back to my work

"Have fun Aubs, promise to come to my next game?"Shane asked and I looked up at him and gave him a smile

"Of course"I replied

"Fucking ridiculous"I heard John mumbled and I looked over at him and he was leaving the kitchen, leaving his cereal behind. What a waste of food. Tisk tisk.

I was actually feeling really happy inside. Beside the fact John had a date. But he really was mad that Eric was taking me, no he was mad I was going to the dance with someone. For some reason, that sparked an excitement inside me. Even though I knew John didn't like me, for that few minutes I liked to think he did. I liked to think the way he was acting was all pure jealousy, even though I knew it wasn't, I pretended it was just so I could continue feeling happy.

~~

"Eric?" I asked with a smile as I walked up to him. He was leaning against his car parked outside my school"What are you doing here?"I asked as I reached him

"I told Mrs.O I would pick you up today, she loved that idea"He chuckled as he pushed himself off his car.

"Well thank you"I said as we hugged pretty tightly and just swung back and forth. I see great friend potential in him

"Well"He said with a smile as he opened the door for me

"Thank you"I smiled back as I got in his car.He closed the door after me and then went around to the other side.

"So"he started as he started the car and started driving off."John was pretty pissed about me taking you"

"We arent going anymore?"I asked as I looked over at him

"God no, of course we are. It was just fun getting a call from John and having to hold it away from my ear because he was yelling so fucking loud"Eric laughed.

"I'm sorry. Shane asked me to go to his game on Friday and I said I was going to the dance"

"I would have told John anyway. I just wish we were face to face, I mean like I said, it makes me laugh. Its funny"

"Yeah, I get what you mean, John got mad when he found out and I just wanted to laugh"I laughed lightly.

"I told you he gets defensive with you"Eric said in the told you so bragging voice.

"Screw you Eric"I laughed "He probably wants you to hate me because he does"

"John doesn't hate you, and if he wants all his friends to hate you, that wont work"

"Oh yeah and why not?"I asked turning in my seat a little as I watched him drive

"You're meeting them now"

"I'm what?" I asked shocked

"Well there my friends too obviously and we are now heading to go hangout with a bunch of the guys, didn't you notice this wasn't the way to the O'Callaghan house?"He laughed

"Well no"I said as I looked out the window.

"Every one will love you"he said reassuringly. But that wasn't what I was worried about. I was worried John was going to be there. Along with his negative attitude towards me.
♠ ♠ ♠
If you comment I update faster:D haha
Shortttt promise the next one is longer.
So iffffff you comment ill update:)