You Had Me Wishing We Were Something

08

Image

"Yo, everyone this is Aubrey. Shes the girl staying with the O'Callaghans"Eric said as we walked into one if his friends game room and all the guys were just lounging around, playing games.

"You go to that prep school?"

"I do"I smiled. "You could have told me we were going somewhere before hand, I could have changed" I said facing Eric.

"Hey, the uniforms cute"Eric smiled.

"It is"The same kid who asked me if I went to that school said who I immediately recognized as Garrett from Johns band.

"Well thanks"I smiled as I looked down at my attire.

"I'm Garrett"He said introducing himself.

"Okay, just so everyone knows, I know who everyone is. I like your music"I said before everyone could spit their names at me and saving myself breath from going I know and sounding like a creep a million times.

"Well I like you already"Nick Santino said smiling at me.

"Thanks"I laughed

After all the hellos and about a half hour later, I grew used to all the guys. And John wasn't there so I didn't feel uncomfortable. I joked around with all of them and they did the same to me. John was the only guy that was a straight up dick to me. It was actually very depressing.

I was sitting on the floor leaned against one of the couches with Nick as we were on his laptop looking at a bunch of his merch.

"I like this one"I said pointing to one of his shirts

"Everyone does. Thats the most sold one"He chuckled.

"Yo"I heard and I knew it was Johns voice instantly. I didn't even look up from the computer screen as me and Nick still looked at a bunch of stuff he was thinking about adding to his merch line.

"Should I add this?"He asked me

"No, I think you should add this"I said in honesty and Nick smiled at me.

"I like you, you don't just go I don't know, or just agree"he chuckled.

"Why lie?"I laughed

"Good question" He said and we went back to looking at his computer screen

"Yo, Aubs, killer party on Friday, you coming?"Justin asked me and I looked around the room to see where he was. I spotted John leaning against one of the far walls sipping a soda, of course completely ignoring me

"Is that an invitation?"I smiled at Justin

"It is"

"Well then I'm going to have to turn it down"I said with a little smile and then Nick tapped my thighs indicating me to look at the computer so I did

"Why?"Justin asked.

"Shes going to a dance with me"Eric answered for me and I laughed lightly.

"What dance?" Kennedy asked

"My school dance"I replied

"And Halvo's taking you?"Jared asked

"Mhmm"

"Why couldn't I take you?"Nick asked smiling as he turned his head to face me

"Maybe because I just met you like half an hour ago"I said jokingly rolling my eyes.

"Oh so its first come first serve?"He asked as he tried to stop smiling but failed to do so.

I just laughed not even answering him so Eric did.

"Yeah man it is, so fuck you"Eric laughed.

"Fuck you"Nick said back jokingly.

"Hey Aubs"Pat said and I looked away from Nick and up at him to see him quickly shake a sprite can and then open it pointing right at me.

"Oh my god!"I screamed as I was covered in sprite

"Not cool man, my computer"Nick said shaking his head as Pat laughed and walked away

"Your computer? What about me?"I whined

"Oh I'm sorry, did it get in your hair? Is it okay?"Nick asked laughing jokingly.

"Fuck you"I mumbled and shoved him away from me.

"Awe I'm sorry"Nick laughed as he swung an arm around my shoulder and pulled me into him.

"Now you smell like sprite"He smiled.

"Ew, I need a shower. Doesn't sprite have a weird smell?"

"Not on you, I think its mixed with your perfume. Mmm"he laughed as he gave my shoulder a squeeze and I laughed and then I heard John groan.

I had actually completely forgotten John was here. Which was good. If I took notice, I would probably be my shy self, nervous, the way I am around him.

"Bored man?"Pat asked as he sat on the couch me and Nick were leaning against

John didn't say anything, just sipped his Pepsi and Eric laughed.

"Whats so funny?"John asked him

"Nothing"Eric said shaking his head back and forth. Eric looked at me and I immediately got it.

"Maybe I should go"I said as I started standing up

"No"Nick said as he pulled me back down

"Yeah, you haven't even been here for an hour, we aren't that bad" Justin laughed

I just smiled and looked down.

"So what do you have planned for your date with Amber?"Jared asked and I wasn't sure which guy he was talking to but then realized it was John when he spoke and said "I don't know"

"Its in three days, what are you gonna wing it?"Jared laughed

"Yeah probably"

"Thats so you, get a girl to like you, ask her out and then not even put thought into the date"Kennedy laughed.

"I already have her, why go all fancy?"John asked

Wow what an asshole. I thought Eric said John was nice to girls. Maybe he was, when they weren't around.

"You're such an asshole"I heard myself say

"Ohhh I forgot there was a chick in the room"Pat laughed.

"Its just guy talk honey"John said rolling his eyes

"Oh so all guys are assholes behind girls backs?"I asked and Nick rested his hand on my bare thigh due to the fact I was wearing my plaid uniform skirt so I felt it when he gave it a squeeze telling me to calm down, it was nothing serious.

"Get your hand off her thigh"John said aggravated towards Nick.

Nick got the most confused look on his face and then removed his hand.

"He can put his hand on my thigh if he wants. I'm not your property. Its not for you to decide what someone does to me"

"If I don't like it, its not happening" He said slightly glaring at me.

"Since when?"I asked in disbelief.

"Since the second you stepped into my life"

"What?"I asked confused and looked over at Nick and he just shrugged

"So anyway, this party Friday.."Garrett started removing all the tension in the room.

Eric came and sat down next to me

"Told you so"He whispered in my room and I smiled and lightly shoved him in the shoulder.

"Hes just a jerk. He doesn't care about me"I whispered back to him.

"God, I thought that would prove it, it sure was entertaining"Eric chuckled.

"Thats all you love isn't it? The entertainment you get when he gets mad?"I laughed

"Thats exactly it"He said and kissed my cheek. It was a friendly kiss though. Nothing serious.

"Yo, Eric just kissed your property" Pat laughed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and then ill updateeeeeeee