My Heart Hurts...Literally

Classic story. Virginia loves Derrick. Derrick is friends with Virginia, but doesn't love her. Derrick loves Stephanie. So Virginia's heart hurts...she has her own hospital bed to prove it.

Virginia was born with a heart condition that causes it to 'stutter' or 'skip'. This can end up causing fatal, because every time her hearts skips a beat when she's overexerting herself physically or emotionally, there's the risk of her heart failing. This has already happened twice in her life--once when she first found out her condition and again when she was at her Homecoming Dance freshman year. The same person saved her both times: her best friend Derrick.

Now, Derrick isn't perfect. He's on his school's Varsity soccer and baseball teams, comes out of school with solid B's, wears glasses and is completely oblivious when it comes to someone's feelings. But Virginia loves Derrick, there's no doubt about it. She's known him since she fell into his lap first day of first grade on the bus when it was going over a speed bump. However, Derrick is desperatly in love with Stephanie.

Steph is the apitomy of the perfect girl--blonde, gorgeous and with talent of no other girl in school when it comes to winning over a guy.

And Virginia hates her secretly for it.

So, all in all, its the classic story, right? Girl loves guy. Guy loves other girl. Other girl is a complete bitch. Girl's heart is broken. End of story.

But that's the catch: it ain't so classic.