‹ Prequel: Full Moon
Sequel: Starless Night

Black Sun

The Pack Surprises Me

I didn't want to go inside Sam's house so like so many times before I sat outside and talked to Seth, who had become my best friend somehow, maybe because he knew what I was and still liked me for it.

"You're brother is a jerk" said Seth as he played with a rock in his hand.

"You think? He's like your sister, just with a dick" I said, Seth laughed.

"My sister might have one, who knows"

"I wish he wasn't here, he's one of the reasons I ran away from home and now he is here"

"I could help Jacob kill him if you want me too" said Seth with a smile.

"It's not worth it, I just want him to go back to San Fran and leave me alone" I said.

"Why don't you shut up, beta" came Mason's voice from inside the house, Seth and I looked at each other and then walked inside.

"What's your problem, Mason. We are brothers here" said Embry, this was a shock.

"What because I am a wolf like the rest of you, that makes us cursed, not brothers" said Mason rolling his eyes.

"We are family here, all of us. You need to be with us, we will need your help in fighting the Cullens and who ever else they have with them" said Sam, Mason chuckled.

"So you all have been super friendly to my brother, i mean besides Jacob here whose banging him, I doubt that. I can sense that a few of you hate my brother" said Mason, his eyes narrowed at me.

"Mason. is this why you came here? To talk to my friends this way, to make my life hell all over again? You need to leave" I said, Mason smiled.

"You're friends are lying to you, brother. Why don't you tell him, Jacob, the truth about your impritng" said Mason, I looked at Jacob, he looked mad.

"What is he talking about?" I asked looking at Jacob, he banged his fist hard on the table.

"He's talking about the fact that I love you more than life it's self but I haven't imprinted on you, are you happy, Mason?" asked Jacob leaning over table glaring at Mason.

"It doesnt matter" I said everyone looked at me, "imprinting and love they are the same thing, It doesn't change the way I feel about Jacob, but it does change how I feel about you Mason. I detest you, I hate you more than life itself. You think you're special because your a wolf too, guess what everyone in this one is different and poweful, you're not special you're in the majority. Even me, for the first time in my life, I am more powerful than you"

"Yeah right" said Mason rolling his eyes, I appeared next to his side and then back where I was standing, his eyes grew huge, "what are you?"

"I am a blood sucker, a leech, a vampire." I said, I didn't care about keeping it a secret anymore, "one of the most powerful vampires, i am better and stronger than you"

"Doubtful" said Mason, I was about to say somethign else, when Sam spoke.

"Believe it, Mason. You're brother is special now, and I want you to leave my house and Washington" said Sam, Mason eyed him curiously and then looked at me.

"Do you think it's wise to make an enemy out of me, little brother?" asked Mason, I crossed my arms over my chest.

"We have never been anything but that, leave" I said, Mason looked at everyone around the table, none of them looked at him, he walked beside me and whispered in my ear before he walked out the door.

"The Cullens have a new helper" Mason whispered before he walked out the door, when the door slammed behind me I didn't feel any better, what he said has frightened me. Jacob got up from the table and pulled me into a tight hug and whispered in my ear.

"I do love you, Zee. Imprinting or not you're mine forever" Jacob whispered, I smiled and let him hug me tight. None of the others said anything, Jacob and I walked outside, I could hear some deer in the woods drinking from a spring, it made me hungry, Jacob looked at me and smiled, "Are you hungry?"

"Starving" I said, Jacob smiled and phased into a wolf and began to race into the woods, I followed my blood lust to the deer by the spring and before the could move and tackled them to the ground and drink the warm blood from the deer, Jacob sat in wolf form by a tree and watched me, it felt weird with him just watching me feast on this deer but I didn't care, I was hungry and this was the best I could do without harming a human, when I drank all the blood i could from the deer, Jacob phased back into a human, a naked one, and walked over to me with a smile on his face. He licked the excess blood from my lips and smiled, I smiled at him, I loved this boy so much, nothing could make me love him less.