‹ Prequel: Full Moon
Sequel: Starless Night

Black Sun

Destiny

Paul brought me a glass of water, I drank it down quickly.

"I want to go back to real life now" I said looking up to the sky, I closed my eyes, but when I opened them I was still here with Paul.

"Zeek, this is real life." said Paul taking the glass from me and setting it on the floor.

"How did he die?" I asked not wanting to know the answer, but needing to know.

"Jasper was coming for you, Jacob jumped in front of you, they began fighting but in the end Jasper was just to strong, he broke Jacob's neck, he told you he loved you as he died" said Paul, tears were falling from my eyes as Paul pulled me into a tight, warm embrace. Then this confused me more, why was Paul comforting me, he hates me.

"Why are you the one comforting me, you hate me" I said, he looked at me and then shrugged,

"I have a soft spot too, plus Jacob was my friend. I know I gave him shit and you two for that matter but maybe I was just jealous, jealous of what the two of you had" said Paul, I was about to ask more when the door opened, Emmett entered looking tired, which was odd for him.

"You're up, he remembers doesn't he" said Emmett to Paul, who nodded.

"Why didn't you let Jasper break my spinal cord and then turn me into a vampire?! It would have saved Jacob!" I spat as I violently got off the bed, I stood right in front of Emmett, he looked hurt.

"I didn't have time, Jacob moved so fast to protect you." said Emmett, I punched him in the chest, it was like hitting a marble wall, I wasn't a vampire here, I forgot that detail.

"You could have saved him, made him a vampire" I screamed, Paul and Emmett exchanged a look.

"It wouldn't have took and it could have killed him" said Emmett, that was not what I wanted to hear. I ran out of the room and out of the house, I heard both Emmett and Paul calling after me but I wasn't about to stop. I kept running, breathless, until I reached La Push beach and collapsed into the sand, sobs escaping my throat. I felt strong arms around me, ones that reminded me of Jacob but I knew it wasn't him, it would never be him again.

"It's going to be ok" Paul whispered into my ear, I cried on his naked shoulder and he let me. I laid on the sand and he laid with me, never letting me go, making me feel safe, being what I needed a warm body, a tight embrace, one that reminded me of Jacob.

"Don't let go of me, ok" I said as I continued to cry on Paul's chest, I expected him to freak out to run away but he played with my hair.

"I promise, I owe it to you and to Jacob"

"Thanks" I said before I knew it the world went dark and I fell asleep. I woke up the next morning expecting to find myself back in the queen's castle, but I was on the beach with Paul beside me holding me, I knew to keep me warm. I looked up at him, he looked so peaceful when he slept, not like the Paul I knew before, in fact I wondered if the real Paul could be this nice to if I just took the time to get to know him. He opened his mouth, I listened as my name was whispered from his mouth in his sleepy state. My hands went up to his smooth face and caressed it. His eyes slowly opened and he looked down at me and smiled.

"You were jealous because you're gay too, aren't you" I said, Paul didn't move his mouth he just nodded, "who were you jealous of?"

"Jacob, when I first saw you in Sam's kitchen. I wanted you more than I have ever wanted someone before" said Paul never taking his eyes off of me.

"You imprinted on me?" I asked, he shrugged.

"Maybe, but Jacob is beta. If we both imprinted on you, he gets you first. It's the rules"

"I wouldn't have gotten a choice?"

"You loved him, we could all see it"

"I do love him and if I fell for you, it would feel like I was cheating on him" I said, Paul looked hurt.

"Just a kiss then, I will wait for you forever" said Paul as he leaned into me, when our lips touched I felt myself being pulled back by a hard force, when I opened my eyes I was back in the bathroom with Emmett and the queen, the queen looking at me knowingly, Emmett just looked confused.

"My life without Jacob hurts" was all I said, she put her hand on my shoulder and smiled.

"Life, Destiny, these are tricky subjects to discuss. Emmett did what was best for you and Jacob, so take it easy on him, you are going to need his friendship. I think there is also someone you need to talk with, I think it's time you leave the castle and go back to Forks and La Push. I will gather as many vampires as I can to fight when the battle come, as I am sure the Cullens are doing as well" said the queen, I nodded and walked out of the bathroom to go find Jacob, Emmett grabbed my hand to stop me, but I just walked with him beside me.

"What did you see?" asked Emmett.

"In the world I went to, Jacob had died because you didn't do what he asked. Emmett, if it meant turning me into a vampire or Jacob dying, I am glad you turned me" I said.

"What did the queen mean by someone else you need to talk to?"

"She means Paul"

"As in the wolf, the one that hates you?"

"Actually, I think they one that is in love with me" I said, Emmett looked shocked.

"How do you think I feel, two wolves have imprinted on me, one I love with all my heart and one that has to be mean to us to hide his true feelings" I said as I opened the door to the sleeping quarters to find Jacob sitting on the bed rubbing his eyes, it was so good to see him, I ran to him and hugged him tightly.

"Are you ok, baby?" asked Jacob, I kissed his neck.gently.

"I am better now" I said as the door opened, the queen entered.

"It is time, I will contact you with each step of the way, but you have to figure out something as well, Zeek. Follow your heart, things are going to change when you tell what you know." said the queen, she clapped her hands and I was sitting on Jacob's bed with Jacob.

"What did she mean by that?" asked Jacob, I just looked at him and sighed.

"We need to go see Paul" was all I said, he looked at me and nodded.